This forum is for talking about anything on or off the money topic ...
A relaxed area to talk about whatever is happening and reach people.
NOTE: Posts in these forums do not list in 'ACTIVE Topics' search.
4 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    5,085 topic views 

Not very professional..

Unread postby » gothtini » Sun, 28 July 2013, 5:51 pm | #1 of 4 |

So a long time ago I joined Zurker, which is a social network where you get shares of the site...well it says I have a couple shares but how the heck am I suppose to withdraw the measly 1 pound it gives me? I got no clue lol anyway that is not what the problem is here. The problem is how something I said was handled by one of the developers on the site.

What I said was it was hard to have fun on the site when it wasn't loading right for me half the time. This little conversation came up..

Berzurker
It loads correctly for everyone else *shrug* I have no idea what you mean with "not loading correctly" anyway.

Catherine
How could you know that? If its not loading for someone to the point they can't post bout it then you would never know. It doesn't always do this to me it feels like a server issue considering its only this site that has the problems, that or it has a disagreement with chrome at times for some reason. I'm getting use to browser disagreements, a couple different sites just don't like chrome randomly.

Berzurker
What you describe is not a plausible scenario, given that a) I use Chrome and have never had any issues whatsoever, and b) the site has been built specifically to load reliably.

Catherine
You do realize that a site can work fine for some people and not for other people even though they have the same browser right? Different plugins, updates, everything can effect how a site works on a browser.

Berzurker
Unlike 99% of the sites on the web, there is NO crap on Zurker that would slow you down. No flash, no external widgets, no server calls... Check the HTTP log of a typical page load at any major site. You get upwards of a dozen calls to all kinds of trackers, widgets, libraries, etc. There is NONE of that on Zurker. I'm not going to let you blame Zurker for whatever issue you have.

Catherine
Believe what you want, but if this site has had a problem loading for me when no other site at that time was having that problem, there is a disagreement somewhere between the site and my browser. Face it, no site can be working 100% for everyone, you can strive for perfection like that which is what every site should do but its not obtainable because of how every system is different. Anyway I'm done proving my point cause it seems like you aren't listening anyway, have a good day.

Berzurker
Listening and agreeing are not the same thing. You really shouldn't accuse me of not listening just because, based on the information at my disposal, I disagree with your assertions.

The last part actually just came up when I went to grab the conversation. I realize there is a difference but considering they completely ignored the point that sites can work with some people who have one browser and other doesn't work for some who have the same browser, and just seemed to get on the high horse of their site doesn't do what most websites do so it can't be wrong, it really feels like they weren't listening. I've been on so many different websites and I always hang out in the help section to try to help people when I can, and often times there are people who run into problems that I can't even replicate and we have the same browser. Also the little part of 'I'm not going to let you blame Zurker for whatever issue you have.' is a little unprofessional to me, if a person seriously has a problem loading the pages on Zurker when its the only site at that time having an issue, there is some disagreement between Zurker and your browser and so Zurker is to blame there. *Sigh* Sorry perhaps I'm completely wrong about this but considering this is a developer, I would think they would be more interested in trying to help me then telling me I'm wrong about Zurker not loading for me...

Share Permalink | PID: #p3698
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Not very professional.. on login.

Re: Not very professional..

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 29 July 2013, 1:16 pm | #2 of 4 |

omg! that is seriously bad customer service. I think I joined that site when you did, forgot all about it tbh - has it taken off enough to warrant another look?

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p3700
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 29 July 2013, 5:57 pm | #3 of 4 |

No its not even out of beta yet. There are no ads on the site so there is pretty much no way its going to make enough money to run its servers and pay the people as well. The only reason I'm staying with it right now is the fact I'm randomly sharing my forum on it sometimes.

Reload | PID: #p3701

Thanksgenieswish
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Unread postby » MOC » Sun, 25 August 2013, 1:21 am | #4 of 4  Reply

Hi gothtini, the next time you experience problems maybe try another browser to see if the problem duplicates. Then try chrome again and see if the problem is only related to chrome. This might help you to nut down where the problem lies.

Reload | PID: #p3739
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

The FREE SPEECH area of MOC Forums - Anything off topic.
    5,085 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com