This forum is for talking about anything on or off the money topic ...
A relaxed area to talk about whatever is happening and reach people.
NOTE: Posts in these forums do not list in 'ACTIVE Topics' search.
9 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,600 topic views 

A guide to getting started..

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 7:16 pm | #1 of 9 |

I think my last post may have been a little harsh, so I'd like to make up for it by offering some advice to anyone just starting out with a new money making venture:)

I hope the more experienced members will add to this with their words of wisdom and over time it will become a valuable resource for the newcomers who wish to make money on the computer.

First thing I would say is don't try to do every money making method you see find at once, find a couple of ideas that you like the sound of and give it a good go for a few weeks before deciding if it's for you or not. Flitting from one system to another without giving the first a fair go will get you nowhere.

The best / quickest / easiest money making method for someone else may not be the same for you.

Write down everything you enjoy or are good at - there's no point wanting to make money on the computer writing articles if you struggle with the English language and it takes 5 hours to write 300 words(My grammar is awful, I know I would never cut it as a serious writer!) but can your draw, design, inspire, teach, sell?

Find someone you admire and stalk them! (don't get yourself arrested or anything like that though lol).

Decide what you want - do you want to start a new online business, build an empire and live life sipping cocktails by the pool; or are you just happy to earn $10 a day doing any little jobs?

Set your goals and work towards them every day, the goals can change but you should always be working towards something.

Note your successes, not your failures! You have to earn a cent to get to your first dollar - and if you can make $1 then you can make $100, if you can make $100...you see where I'm going :)

We all fail sometimes, but is it really a failure if we learn something from it?

Don't give up if your first attempt doesn't work out, or your second, or third.......

Spend 10% of your time reading and 90% doing - you're not going to get anywhere just reading about how others are making money online! Don’t Delay, Nobody knows how much time they have left to realise their dreams, and we must remember that none of us have forever

Be realistic with your time management, if you have a family, or a regular job, college, etc. Work out a schedule of when you can devote time to your money making efforts and stick to it.

When the going gets tough, remember what motivated you to want to make money on the computer in the first place - have that dream car / house as your wallpaper, stick your goals on the fridge - watch a motivational video - whatever it takes to get your mojo back!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p360
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic A guide to getting started.. on login.

Re: A guide to getting started..

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 18 June 2012, 4:31 am | #2 of 9 |

These are all very good points. It can be frustrating to sign up for a program expecting quick riches (no online or offline venture produces thousands the first day or two, no matter what the ad says) and getting next to nothing.

Personally, I am a writer so I quite enjoy the ongoing revenue I earn from articles I have written in the past. I have been a freelance writer for two and a half years, but have spent a lot of time reading and am just starting to spend more time implementing. I have received very positive comments on my work, so that has given me the push to carry on.

I also enjoy joining forums, and have been able to earn a few dollars a day by simply offering my opinions, insights and experiences. I never understood quite how it worked until a few weeks ago, and now I can utilize my writing skills to help even more people.

The main thing is to stick with a program and give it a chance; hopping from site to site doesn't give you any credibility or a chance at some real money.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1242
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:56 am | #3 of 9 |

I think the most important thing to remember for newbies who want to start earning money online is focus. Focus on one method first. Don't try everything all at once. It's like Jack of all trade but master of none. The money may be small at first but that's how everybody starts in the beginning. Do you know how long it takes Mark Zuckerberg to become a billionaire? A few years. It doesn't happen overnight even for someone as talented as Mark Zuckerberg or Larry Page or Bill Gates. So be patient and focus.

Reload | PID: #p1332
UmmiNoor
AVZoom: Regular Author

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Sat, 23 June 2012, 7:01 pm | #4 of 9 |

All of these are very good points and there is a lot of valuable information that can be taken from that. but I'd like to offer one suggestion too. That is...

Offering services doesn't always have to include exchanging money. Yes I know people like to think that if they are giving their time for something then they absolutely must be compensated with money. Money is good but maybe the person you're offering the service to has something more valuable. For example, I know I'm a very good writer and I know how to write about things that I'm knowledgable about in a way that people can understand but my problem is that I absolutely suck at promoting myself. So to solve my problem I offer to write blog posts and articles for people who have steady, legitimate traffic on their sites and in exchange for a few posts per week I can get a backlink and a decent amount of traffic. It helps my posts get read and it helps me rank a little higher in Google.

So while people may not want to fully go that route they can do other things like offering to design their sites or making videos. Everything people can do is valuable. It really just depends on finding the people who need your services and if they can offer you something of equal value in return.

Reload | PID: #p1456
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 23 June 2012, 9:28 pm | #5 of 9 |

sound advice :) I'm a big fan of bartering!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p1457
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Sun, 1 July 2012, 4:05 am | #6 of 9 |

I love the advice listed above. It is just what I need to get myself motivated to get to work. I have a certain amount I have to make by August, and hopefully these tips will help me. I will divide the days I have now until August so I can set my daily goals. I feel that by setting daily goals, the ultimate goals is easier to achieve because daily goals are smaller numbers. Thanks for sharing!

Reload | PID: #p1708
Missnc35
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sun, 1 July 2012, 4:20 am | #7 of 9 |

Not only that, but when you consistently hit that daily goal, you can see how well your workflow is operating and make adjustments in one way or another and set a higher goal as the days pass by.

Reload | PID: #p1711
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Wed, 4 July 2012, 12:26 am | #8 of 9 |

Missnc35 wrote:I love the advice listed above. It is just what I need to get myself motivated to get to work. I have a certain amount I have to make by August, and hopefully these tips will help me. I will divide the days I have now until August so I can set my daily goals. I feel that by setting daily goals, the ultimate goals is easier to achieve because daily goals are smaller numbers. Thanks for sharing!

Daily goals are a great way to get started because they are small so they don't seem like they are impossible to reach and they are also a pretty good indicator of how you manage your time. If you know what you're capable of getting done in a short period of time then you have a pretty good idea of how much work you need to put in to get the kind of results that you want to see.

Reload | PID: #p1818
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 4 July 2012, 5:17 am | #9 of 9  Reply

Silverstar2154 wrote:
Missnc35 wrote:I love the advice listed above. It is just what I need to get myself motivated to get to work. I have a certain amount I have to make by August, and hopefully these tips will help me. I will divide the days I have now until August so I can set my daily goals. I feel that by setting daily goals, the ultimate goals is easier to achieve because daily goals are smaller numbers. Thanks for sharing!

Daily goals are a great way to get started because they are small so they don't seem like they are impossible to reach and they are also a pretty good indicator of how you manage your time. If you know what you're capable of getting done in a short period of time then you have a pretty good idea of how much work you need to put in to get the kind of results that you want to see.

This is one of the most important things a person can do. You have to see where your time is going when you work online. You don't want to spin your wheels on a site that isn't worth it.

Reload | PID: #p1832
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

The FREE SPEECH area of MOC Forums - Anything off topic.
    1,600 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com