Forum  FORUM HELP
TOPIC  Affiliate Links
Learn how to use BBcode to format text, create hyperlinks, and perform other more advanced tasks here in the help forum.
5 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,430 topic views 

Affiliate Links

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 9 July 2012, 9:40 am | #1 of 5 |

MOC - Just curious :?:

If there is a thread, for instance, in the making money online forum about a site where you have a referral link, could you pop your affiliate/referral code in the correct affiliates section, then write a post in the original thread that directs people to that link?

I was thinking of posts like Gothini's, concerning Irazoo - http://moneyoncomputer.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=20 , would it be ok to link to a referral post in the correct section instead of putting her actual link in the post?

there's a few similar ones - such as mine on SFI affiliates, i didn't put my referral code in that post, but made another post in the affiliate section...so would it still be breaking the rules to pop in a link to the affiliate post?

this sounds a lot more confusing than it actually is LOL I don't think i'm explaining it very well?

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p2026
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Affiliate Links on login.

Re: Affiliate Links

Unread postby » MOC » Mon, 9 July 2012, 12:07 pm | #2 of 5 |

genieswish wrote:could you pop your affiliate/referral code in the correct affiliates section, then write a post in the original thread that directs people to that link?

there's a few similar ones - such as mine on SFI affiliates, i didn't put my referral code in that post, but made another post in the affiliate section...so would it still be breaking the rules to pop in a link to the affiliate post?

To keep the HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE forum unbiased, affiliate links are not permitted and it is clearly stated. This is a popular forum where genuine advise exists on how to make money online in hundreds of different ways.

So long as the post referring to an affiliate topic is not seen as the thread being hijacked only for referral purposes, and any administrator or moderator will decide this on a case by case basis should the post be reported or otherwise found. I myself refer and link to other threads and other websites or blogs for further information, and as long as the linking is in context to the subject and conversation and not seen as hijacking the thread of course it is fine to do so.

The main point is not to post affiliate links in that forum. They will be removed. Of course this includes any affiliate codes, bonuses, website re-directions or other offerings. If a website requires a referral code then a new topic will need to be posted in the appropriate forum called AFFILIATE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES and referred to in the original post simply stating that affiliate links cannot be posted in the HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE forum. Other options too are for your referral code to be sent by PM or put in your signature.

If members need more forum help, just as you have done ask a question here first to avoid confusion. Members should be aware that answers to site policys can only be answered accurately by a Money On Computer Forums Admin, Moderator, or otherwise approved member, and a always current list of approved MOC members who can answer your questions can be found by following this LINK.

Thanks, hope that clarifies your question genieswish!

Reload | PID: #p2031
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 9 July 2012, 12:21 pm | #3 of 5 |

ye kind of :? so its ok as long as it's in the interest of the thread..

so if in the sfi thread someone said to me "HEY GENIE, that looks like an interesting site to try, do you have a link?" I could say "why yes i do interested poster, thanks for asking! I cannot post the affiliate link here, but have done so for your reference here..http://moneyoncomputer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248"

That's ok? Or should I just have said "yep i have a link - you'll find it in the Affilate section here.. http://moneyoncomputer.com/viewforum.php?f=6"

OR to save all the hassle - just say "ye no prob, i've pm'd you" :)

Reload | PID: #p2032
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Mon, 9 July 2012, 1:57 pm | #4 of 5 |

genieswish wrote:I cannot post the affiliate link here, but have done so for your reference here..http://moneyoncomputer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248

yep i have a link - you'll find it in the Affilate section here.. http://moneyoncomputer.com/viewforum.php?f=6

OR to save all the hassle - just say "ye no prob, i've pm'd you" :)

Any of those sound good to me genie, and these current rules are necessary to maintain the forums quality.

Remember too, rules may change out of necessity at any time, so please take note before you post.

Any more ideas or think the current rules are inapplicable? I am open to your comments. :)

- MOC

Reload | PID: #p2035
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 9 July 2012, 9:29 pm | #5 of 5  Reply

that's groovy - i got it clear as mud now ;) I think you are very generous in your allowance of links in sigs and in having the affiliate section, it's only right and repectful that people don't try to take the p*ss any more than that!

Reload | PID: #p2052
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Post your questions or comments. Moderators will provide forum support here.
    2,430 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com