Forum  HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
TOPIC  User Testing
TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
31 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    5,573 topic views 

User Testing

Unread postby » racechick79 » Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:04 pm | #1 of 31 |

Not sure if anybody else has used this site, but I have been able to make $100 in my first month on this site! I had found it from another forum and was under the understanding that I might get a couple jobs from it. I have been pleasantly surprised. It pays to PayPal and I have already received most of my payments. It is a lot of fun and the premise of it is that you test out websites, games, new features of websites, etc. You use your microphone and you give a running dialogue of what you are doing as you are doing it (explaining what features you like and dislike, what you would change). I hope you are able to try it out and enjoy it as much as I do!

http://www.usertesting.com/be-a-user-tester/

Share Permalink | PID: #p379
racechick79
AVZoom: Regular Author

#110 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic User Testing on login.

Re: User Testing

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:18 pm | #2 of 31 |

It sounds interesting. I'd have to actually look into it. How often do they pay? How quickly do they pay in relation to the completion of work? What is the average amount of money per test? Is a PayPal account all that you need?

Reload | PID: #p380
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Wed, 30 May 2012, 3:34 am | #3 of 31 |

So you actually reached payout there? I had heard this was one of those sites that never rally allows you to make payout but if you did so then maybe I iwll give it a try! Seems like something new and different!
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p393
MakingCents
AVZoom: Century Club

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » MOC » Wed, 30 May 2012, 4:54 am | #4 of 31 |

Thats a really good result racechick79, I think you may have found something for yourself there to bring in a bit of extra cash!

Reload | PID: #p397
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 30 May 2012, 5:00 am | #5 of 31 |

The site and job both look interesting and if all of those attributed quotes are real, then it's also legitimate. I do appreciate how they warn any prospective testers how their selection process works and that the opportunities won't necessarily be frequent or steady.

I'm still interested in the OP's responses to my original questions, but I doubt if I'll sign up for this particular endeavor.

Reload | PID: #p398
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » Waynefire » Wed, 30 May 2012, 1:10 pm | #6 of 31 |

I have joined many of these sites and never reached payout before. I may have to look into this one, though, if you are reaching payout! I am just tired of getting scammed by people anymore with sites like this.

Reload | PID: #p408
Waynefire

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 30 May 2012, 2:14 pm | #7 of 31 |

Sugarhill wrote:It sounds interesting. I'd have to actually look into it. How often do they pay? How quickly do they pay in relation to the completion of work? What is the average amount of money per test? Is a PayPal account all that you need?

Once you complete a test (my first one was for google), you are paid 7 days after it completed. Paymens are sent to PayPal (and yes, that was all I needed). The 7 day lead time allows the site that you tested to request a refund from the user testing site. If they don't request one within the 7 days, you get paid. I have never had it occur and have been paid thus far for all of my completed jobs. Some of the reasons that they might request a refund are that;
1) you don't meet the client's stated requirements (sometimes they will say things such as "must live in Florida"; and if they feel or find out that you lying, it may be a reason to say that your test wasn't valid).
2)if your video is short or superficial. I have a feeling some people come on this site because they think it will be easy and quick (which in many ways it is - $10 for a half hour, to me, is great!). But you do have to put your mind to the task at hand. You really have to put your mind to telling the client things that are beneficial to them to better their site. I have received a number of comments and ratings from clients stating that they like how in depth I speak about their sites and follow the instructions. Obviously, this is what they are looking for, almost like a focus group to better their website.

I do hope that some of you will try it out. I did it for a month before posting about it because I wanted to make sure that I felt it was valid; and I feel I can endorse it 100% at this point! I have also noticed that when I first signed up, I only received a couple of tests every few days - but now I am receiving significantly more. I think that once you prove that you are really taking it seriously, they will send you more tests.

Let me know if anybody has any other questions. I am one who has tried a lot of sites, and have found this one as one of my most profitable and enjoyable!

Reload | PID: #p409
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 30 May 2012, 2:19 pm | #8 of 31 |

Also on a side note; I did my fair share of research on the site before joining and found nothing negative and some really great reviews by other users! I hope you have the same experience!

Reload | PID: #p412
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 30 May 2012, 3:14 pm | #9 of 31 |

Thanks for answering my questions. It does sound like the effort that you put into your videos are reaping more opportunities for you in follow up testing. You have probably moved yourself up to the top of the list.

I didn't research beyond the website, but it does seem to be rather legit as I don't think they would attribute quotes to the entities that they did, if they weren't true opinions. I hope you can get some tests on a near daily basis or at least some referrals. $10 a day for a half hour is nothing to sniff at.

Reload | PID: #p418
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 30 May 2012, 8:20 pm | #10 of 31 |

Yes, I have had a little extra time this week (thanks to my children taking naps at the same time!) and have been able to grab some of the jobs quicker than in the past few weeks and am on pace to make about $70 in a week. Nothing like an outside the home job, but enough for me to feel good about putting some money away!

And I don't get anything for referring other members - so there really isn't anything in it for me to pass it along. Just wanted to point that out because I know that sometimes people push the sites because they want to make more; but I really do think it is a good site and don't benefit from telling you :)

Reload | PID: #p423
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 30 May 2012, 9:12 pm | #11 of 31 |

Oh, no I didn't think you were trying to push it on the basis of referrals. I didn't even see where it was possible on the site. So, you mentioned grabbing the jobs? Is there like a work board with assignments that you go to on a daily basis? I thought they sent you an email with a link for the site. The work board sounds better.

$70 a week will be a great goal for the rest of the year. I hope you get it.

Reload | PID: #p424
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 31 May 2012, 1:15 am | #12 of 31 |

They do send you an email with the available jobs, but often times there are jobs that get grabbed up by the time that you even get to the site. They send out an email to everybody who may qualify, but they may only need 20 participants, etc, so it is on a first come first serve basis. So, when I have time, I just leave the site up and refresh it when I can to try to get to the jobs first!

And I didn't think anything bad about the referral part - just wanted to point out that I really think it is a great thing because even though I don't get anything from it - I would like others to get the chance to take part!

Reload | PID: #p426
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 31 May 2012, 1:26 am | #13 of 31 |

Yeah, one of the employers on Amazon MTurk does the same thing and if you miss the email, you may miss some of the higher paying jobs.

Reload | PID: #p428
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 31 May 2012, 3:44 pm | #14 of 31 |

Sugarhill wrote:Yeah, one of the employers on Amazon MTurk does the same thing and if you miss the email, you may miss some of the higher paying jobs.

By the way, not to hijack my own thread!!! But, I signed up for CloudCrowd last night. I haven't had a lot of time to search around, but it does seem like an interesting site. I might have to contact you with questions!!

Reload | PID: #p447
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 31 May 2012, 3:54 pm | #15 of 31 |

I'll help you as much as I can. Thank you, if you used my link. Even if you didn't, I think it will be a good site for work or even just emergencies. First, get the English Comprehension and the Keyword Research Credentials, they appear to be the foundation for everything else.

Reload | PID: #p448
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 31 May 2012, 6:18 pm | #16 of 31 |

Yes, I did use your link. And I already have the English Comprehension Credentials and will look for the other. Thanks again! Appreciate the heads up!

Reload | PID: #p449
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 31 May 2012, 6:36 pm | #17 of 31 |

Great on both the link and your first credential. If you need to practice for the writing, marketing or editing, don't feel bad. I've read accounts from people that consider themselves writers that were unable to get the writing credential. I didn't get the marketing credential the first go round. I just want you to try to get all five of them, so you'll be able to pick whatever job you want and there will always be some kind of work available to you.

I'm reading up on the editing and will practice this weekend. But, that is enough about that, I want your thread to get back to what it was.

Reload | PID: #p452
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » Shell323 » Sat, 2 June 2012, 6:56 am | #18 of 31 |

I signed up for this site a while ago, but I never followed through with it. I think I'm going to have to stop back by if it is really worth the effort. At the time I did not have a microphone on my computer, so I didn't think it was worth the hassle, but now I do and I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!!

Reload | PID: #p506
Shell323
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#161 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 11:20 pm

Unread postby » Andrea4 » Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:58 pm | #19 of 31 |

Great info Racechick! This actually seems more feasible than some other sites. I definitely don't mind giving my opinion on things. :D I checked out the site and I don't completely get how you use a phone to record though. I don't have a microphone on my computer. ??

Reload | PID: #p520
Andrea4

#87 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 6:47 pm

Unread postby » dasani » Tue, 5 June 2012, 4:40 pm | #20 of 31 |

I have been a member for a semester, and I have not made a cent. Every day or so they will send out emails if a job is available. They have thousands of testers but will send out for 2-3 positions available. On top of that, tests have stipulations like "must live in Iowa getting child support" or "must have placed an order with this site in the last 6 months and be willing to log in to the site."

The only time I qualified for a test, I missed out. So far, the site is not paying off. I feel like I wasted time applying.

Reload | PID: #p640
dasani

#125 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 6 June 2012, 3:49 pm | #21 of 31 |

dasani wrote:I have been a member for a semester, and I have not made a cent. Every day or so they will send out emails if a job is available. They have thousands of testers but will send out for 2-3 positions available. On top of that, tests have stipulations like "must live in Iowa getting child support" or "must have placed an order with this site in the last 6 months and be willing to log in to the site."

The only time I qualified for a test, I missed out. So far, the site is not paying off. I feel like I wasted time applying.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had luck with it. I agree that there are times when I miss out on some of them after they send out the email. That is why when I am able to be online, I just leave the site up and refresh it every now and then so that I can catch the jobs quickly. I have actually found a number of the jobs to not have such strict stipulations. I made $50 yesterday alone and none of the jobs that I took had any requirements. Do you live in the USA? I have found that some that live out of the country are having a harder time getting jobs. My cousin and sister signed up for it and are both doing well.

Some examples of the jobs I got yesterday were; a vacation planning site where I had to pretend I was planning a trip to Cancun. A new Facebook game that I had to play for 20 minutes and discuss what I liked and disliked about the game. A pool site that I had to search around and pretend I was buying a pool liner. It seems that the more tests I complete, the more that I have available to me (I also have a 5 star rating, so I think that has something to do with it).

Yesterday they also sent me an email and said that because I have been doing a nice job they want me to do it with our mobile equipment (ipad) and they are going to send me a camera to use with it.

Reload | PID: #p687
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 6 June 2012, 3:51 pm | #22 of 31 |

Andrea4 wrote:Great info Racechick! This actually seems more feasible than some other sites. I definitely don't mind giving my opinion on things. :D I checked out the site and I don't completely get how you use a phone to record though. I don't have a microphone on my computer. ??

When you accept a test it will ask you to start recording and next to it there is a link that says "I don't have a microphone". I believe that at that point, they give you a phone number to call and they record your thoughts through the phone rather than a microphone. I'm not 100% positive on that because I do have a microphone so I haven't had to try it.

Your best bet is to keep it up on your computer and refresh it periodically rather than waiting for the emails to come because often the jobs are already taken. I do it a lot at night when the kids go to bed or when they are napping during the day. Good luck!

Reload | PID: #p689
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » love2loveu » Wed, 6 June 2012, 6:15 pm | #23 of 31 |

I have signed up for them a few months back but never actually did any work with them. From the reviews I have saw online they are a pretty good company that pays well if you are able to complete the tasks. Hopefully soon I can get back with this company to make some extra cash. I do know they are legitimate.

Reload | PID: #p702
love2loveu
AVZoom: New Poster

#86 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 1:01 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 1:18 pm | #24 of 31 |

love2loveu wrote:I have signed up for them a few months back but never actually did any work with them. From the reviews I have saw online they are a pretty good company that pays well if you are able to complete the tasks. Hopefully soon I can get back with this company to make some extra cash. I do know they are legitimate.

Yes, I hope you are able to as well. I do my fair share of researching companies before I will put in time and effort to work for them. I found such overwhelming positive reviews about them that it really made me excited to try it. I just have to remind everybody to be patient. When I first started I only received a few jobs in the first few weeks; but as I did more I received more. I also, though, kept my star rating at a 5. It is not the kind of job that you should just do haphazardly because if you get low ratings, other customers are not going to want you to review their sites! Good luck!

Reload | PID: #p736
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:49 am | #25 of 31 |

I just wanted to add something that happened tonight. I received an email from User Testing stating that because I had done such a great job on one of my previous tests, the client had specifically requested that I do the test for them; so it wasn't even offered to other users. I think it is just another reason to stick with it and if you get any good tests, do as good of a job as you can to give critical thoughts on how to help them build their site!

Reload | PID: #p772
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » MeiEden » Fri, 8 June 2012, 8:54 pm | #26 of 31 |

I know there are certain user testing requesters on Amazon MTurk as well. You need to take a qualification test to ensure that your review comments on the websites are up to par for their standards. Then you are allowed to accept HITS by those requesters. I'm not sure how legitimate they are though. I fulfilled a Qualification test with one of the usability testing requesters, speaking continuously about my opinions on the website for the full 20 minutes, but they have not graded my qualification test yet, and it's been an entire week.

It does seem kind of fun though, and for $10 for only half an hour of work, that's pretty excellent payout.

Reload | PID: #p819
MeiEden

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Sat, 9 June 2012, 1:17 am | #27 of 31 |

MeiEden wrote:I know there are certain user testing requesters on Amazon MTurk as well. You need to take a qualification test to ensure that your review comments on the websites are up to par for their standards. Then you are allowed to accept HITS by those requesters. I'm not sure how legitimate they are though. I fulfilled a Qualification test with one of the usability testing requesters, speaking continuously about my opinions on the website for the full 20 minutes, but they have not graded my qualification test yet, and it's been an entire week.

It does seem kind of fun though, and for $10 for only half an hour of work, that's pretty excellent payout.

Yes, I have heard of those that are on MTurk. I did not stay on MTurk for long because of lack of paying jobs (but I hadn't really stayed on it real long) The staff at User Testing has been great as well. I have been able to email with questions and comments and they usually respond within hours. I completed another 2 tests today. In just over a month, I have made $260. Not bad :)

Reload | PID: #p833
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sat, 9 June 2012, 2:39 am | #28 of 31 |

So this is a site you have to apply for and be accepted to? How much effort did the application process take?

Reload | PID: #p834
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Sat, 9 June 2012, 2:43 am | #29 of 31 |

MakingCents wrote:So this is a site you have to apply for and be accepted to? How much effort did the application process take?

Only about 15 minutes. You do a sample video and follow a mock test (like one that you would be doing) and then they send you an acceptance or denial. My cousin was denied the first time she did it, but accepted the second time. They gave her great feedback about what pieces she had missed during her first test. I was lucky enough to be accepted my first go round, but they still gave me some constructive feedback on how to do better.

Reload | PID: #p835
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Wed, 13 June 2012, 11:19 am | #30 of 31  Goto page 1, 2  Reply

Sounds easy enough, I'll definitely be checking it out once I'm home from vacation and have access to my microphone and thel ikes.

Reload | PID: #p1005
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    5,573 topic views 
Next

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com