TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
11 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,133 topic views 

Keep Spirits Up

Unread postby » iebo » Fri, 1 June 2012, 2:43 pm | #1 of 11 |

Being self employed (and that's what I consider it when earning a living online) can sometimes be tough. There are plenty of disappointments and aggravations along the way to finding successful strategies for making your living online. So what do you do when you're down and feeling defeated?

One thing I do is keep a journal that helps me keep track of what I'm making and also what my goals are for the day/week/month. If I far exceed my goals, I might buy myself a video game or something.

So what things do you guys do to help keep your spirits up?
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Share Permalink | PID: #p477
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Keep Spirits Up on login.

Re: Keep Spirits Up

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 1 June 2012, 3:00 pm | #2 of 11 |

What you're doing is along the lines of what I would've suggested. Plan out the entire month and do what you can to push yourself. Also, find a time keeping app for your phone or computer, so you can also see how many hours you are putting in day. You don't want overwork yourself, so you need to see how the methods are working for you.

I work certain sites at certain hours for a specified length of time and then move to the next site. Some of the tasks that I have to do can be tedious, so if I break them up into shifts over a daily period, I still get the quota that I need done, but not all at the same time. It takes some time management, but once you get on a schedule, it will fall into place. I've actually been a little bored the past couple of days because I'm waiting for the next time shift.

Reload | PID: #p478
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Fri, 1 June 2012, 7:31 pm | #3 of 11 |

wow - i was going to post something really similar to this earlier on! The last 2 days I've been messing with site design, reading forums, checking FB, and not actually "doing" anything...and about ready to throw the towel in on it all.
Then today I had to ask my other half for €20 to go to the shops, and got the usual what do you need? why do you want that?...before I eventually got it, while he was on Ebay trying to decide if he wanted a sierra cosworth or subaru as his next project, so that's what's spurring me on - no more asking for breadcrumbs while the king feasts!!!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p485
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Fri, 1 June 2012, 8:14 pm | #4 of 11 |

This is definitely true. The hardest part about this thing is staying focused and not wanting to give up but I find that on the days where I put myself on a schedule and start early, I tend to get a more done. Of course there are days when things don't go exactly the way I hope for them to go but that's where I chalk it up to having a bad day, step away and clear my head and then get back to it the next day.

Reload | PID: #p487
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » MeiEden » Sat, 2 June 2012, 3:53 pm | #5 of 11 |

That is really encouraging. I've just started trying to make money at home, and the biggest problem I've faced is wasting hours of my time online. It's so frustrating for me because I think, 'All that time I spent looking for leads, I could have been making money!' A journal or app to write down your goals and track your time is such a positive and useful way to keep your hopes up.

Another thing that's helped me is to find a writing site where I'm in total control of my content (infobarrel, squidoo, hubpages, etc.) and write on something I'm interested in. I may not make money that day or even that week or month, but it's encouraging to feel that someday I might make a little extra money from the passive income generated by ad clicks. Also, I practice that way at improving my writing skills (to beef up my marketability), and it gets me out of the groove of being frustrated by other work-at-home leads that have fallen through.

Reload | PID: #p521
MeiEden
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Thu, 7 June 2012, 10:53 pm | #6 of 11 |

MeiEden wrote:That is really encouraging. I've just started trying to make money at home, and the biggest problem I've faced is wasting hours of my time online. It's so frustrating for me because I think, 'All that time I spent looking for leads, I could have been making money!' A journal or app to write down your goals and track your time is such a positive and useful way to keep your hopes up.

Another thing that's helped me is to find a writing site where I'm in total control of my content (infobarrel, squidoo, hubpages, etc.) and write on something I'm interested in. I may not make money that day or even that week or month, but it's encouraging to feel that someday I might make a little extra money from the passive income generated by ad clicks. Also, I practice that way at improving my writing skills (to beef up my marketability), and it gets me out of the groove of being frustrated by other work-at-home leads that have fallen through.

I have been a part of HubPages for over two years, and am now starting to see an increase in earnings. I too have spent countless hours "searching for leads" when I could have been utilizing my time writing. I do have to say though, all those hours did produce some good as I know which sites to avoid. I also learned if they are asking for money to join, then they only have their best interest at heart not yours.

I used to do the PTC but found I make more money writing. Being in control and interested in your topics is a great motivator as well.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p758
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 8 June 2012, 4:53 am | #7 of 11 |

MeiEden wrote:That is really encouraging. I've just started trying to make money at home, and the biggest problem I've faced is wasting hours of my time online. It's so frustrating for me because I think, 'All that time I spent looking for leads, I could have been making money!' A journal or app to write down your goals and track your time is such a positive and useful way to keep your hopes up.

Set aside an hour or two a day to look for your leads and then move on with the rest of your day. Find out when it would be best for you to do. Do it in the middle of the day, if you need a break or at the end of the day if it makes you procrastinate. Just schedule all that you want to do, but be a little more strict with the things that don't make you money.

Reload | PID: #p783
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:30 am | #8 of 11 |

My spirits have been high lately and it's all for one reason I can see money being deposited into my Paypal account. I find this extremely motivating as I know I've made this money on my own terms, in my own home. I know how much hard work it is working for an employer and so this spurs me on to make more. At the moment I set a goal of making more than I did the week before. As long as it's $0.01 more I'm happy.

If I feel like I'm in a rut with one website I'll take a break from it and look for others. If I'm feeling tired I'll go for a walk or run and I'll feel energized to work again afterwards.

It also helps to have a goal in my mind. I have two. To work from home and to go on an extended overseas holiday next year.

Reload | PID: #p793
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » aphil » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:50 pm | #9 of 11 |

My online work has been like a rollercoaster. Some days it is so depressing and frustrating, I am tearful. I have found that learning really empowers me and lifts my spirits, because it brings results. I feel so much better when I know and understand what I am doing. I'm big on being organized and having specific things to do on certain days, in effort to keep a flow going. There are things that are pivotal, like traffic, that if you don't tackle and produce, you are just spinning in the wind. I always read and chat because so many people share such good tips and direction. I don't give up.
Aphil
Sharing a Gift That Grows
http://tinyurl.com/enjoyearning

Reload | PID: #p797
aphil
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#189 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:30 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 8 June 2012, 4:27 pm | #10 of 11 |

To keep myself and my spirits up I look at my kids. When I look at them and see how they are handling the day, I realize life is not that bad. I could still have to go to school everyday and have people telling me what to do!

Reload | PID: #p808
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » classy_ally » Sat, 9 June 2012, 11:23 pm | #11 of 11  Reply

This is an excellent idea! It is easy to get overwhelmed with tasks you need to get done. I have to map out what I need to do daily, weekly, and monthly. I am all over the board with marketing, advertising, and research. It is getting to be a little much. Thanks for sharing your tips!

Reload | PID: #p865
classy_ally

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,133 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online