TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
30 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    6,177 topic views 

Slice the Pie

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sat, 2 June 2012, 1:03 pm | #1 of 30 |

Have you guys tried slice the pie? I joined it a few years ago and hated it, but heard they had changed things and recently started using it again.

It's basically a paid to review music site. You listen to a 90 clip of a song and then write a 'brief' review. The pay rates vary on the site so sometimes the earnings are good and sometimes they are just average. If you hit it a the right time you can earn .15-.20 per song review and can make a few bucks in just a few minutes. The lowest I've ever been paid for a review is .05.

I hit cashout there about a week ago and they paid to paypal in just a day or so. Cashout is only $10 so if you get the high reviews you can hit it quickly. I'm only $1.00 away from my next cashout so I guess it's fair to say you can earn $10 a week.

I like it because it's different from the standard paid to click, paid to post sites so it's something different.

Here's a link if you want to try:

ref link: http://www.slicethepie.com/?wyd=406919

non-ref link: www.slicethepie.com
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Share Permalink | PID: #p517
MakingCents
AVZoom: Century Club

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Slice the Pie on login.

Re: Slice the Pie

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 2 June 2012, 5:00 pm | #2 of 30 |

I signed up to it when i was reviewing for my site, with the intention of making my daughter test it - so i put in techno and rap as interests LOL she won't do it so i might change the interests and have a go myself. Ive heard reports of people not getting paid out, but i think that goes for just about every gpt site - there's always going to be the odd disgruntled customer!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p522
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » clauemi » Sat, 2 June 2012, 7:02 pm | #3 of 30 |

It's a really good site to make quick cash when you need it or if you just input an hour a day the money will add up. I though the changes would make it harder to earn since their has not been any 'raises' for a while but it's actually better now.

Reload | PID: #p524
clauemi
AVZoom: Regular Author

#117 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sat, 2 June 2012, 7:08 pm | #4 of 30 |

You can also sign up for email alerts too which tells when when the higher valued sites are available for review- that's a bonus.

Reload | PID: #p525
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » iebo » Sun, 3 June 2012, 11:00 am | #5 of 30 |

I'm already a member and I can confirm that they do pay. But I have to say once I reached payout, I was done. Some of the music is just terrible, and for some reason my rating score would sometimes go down and I don't know why that happens. I was always brutally honest and I think that hurt my score, because I think others will always give high ratings.
I would be able to tolerate it if I was getting 0.20 per song, but it is usually closer to 0.05 and I just can't stand to do even 20 songs a day. I've also noticed that sometimes they will include famous songs and I'm not sure why that is. Maybe its a form of quality control.
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Reload | PID: #p544
iebo

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Unread postby » boyuancy » Sun, 3 June 2012, 11:59 am | #6 of 30 |

I had been a member of STP for around half a month and had almost made around $5 before my account was taken off. When I contacted them, they said that my country doesn't fall under their list of accepted countries and I must have been able to sign up as a part of a glitch... BOOOO!!!

Anyway, you can make some money with it. Just choose the genres you like, and make long, really long, reviews. Having a ready template helps too - intro, chorus, bridge, instrumentals, background vocals, etc - try to include these into your reviews so your review looks more professional and you level up faster and easier.
Good luck.
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Reload | PID: #p552
boyuancy
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sun, 3 June 2012, 4:41 pm | #7 of 30 |

That's a good tip boyuancy, that you want to be able to level up quickly so you can earn more and writing a quality music review does do that.

I agree with you iebo, sometimes the songs are just terrible. I typically log in, if hte songs are paying .15 or more I review, if they are paying .05 I write a few and come back later.

Reload | PID: #p563
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Tue, 5 June 2012, 3:18 pm | #8 of 30 |

I used to be a member of Slice the Pie and the payout used to be set at $5. I didn't know they've increased it to $10. The site had been closed to people from my side of the world so I can no longer earn from this site. But it was a great and easy way to earn even though you might run out of adjectives to review the music that you listen to. I would use the thesaurus to look for different words to describe the music.

Reload | PID: #p623
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » tajnz » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:02 am | #9 of 30 |

UmmiNoor wrote:I used to be a member of Slice the Pie and the payout used to be set at $5. I didn't know they've increased it to $10. The site had been closed to people from my side of the world so I can no longer earn from this site. But it was a great and easy way to earn even though you might run out of adjectives to review the music that you listen to. I would use the thesaurus to look for different words to describe the music.

Ahh that explains why Slice the Pie let me sign up without any difficulties but everytime I try to log in a message comes up saying "Theres been a glitch. It has not been possible to load your stats, try again later".

Perhaps you have to be from the UK or USA to take part now? I'm from New Zealand of all places. I think it's a shame we miss out as listening to music for cash sounds like fun even if the pay rate isn't impressive. It seems a lot less tedious than ptc websites.

Reload | PID: #p666
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:28 am | #10 of 30 |

tajnz wrote:Ahh that explains why Slice the Pie let me sign up without any difficulties but everytime I try to log in a message comes up saying "Theres been a glitch. It has not been possible to load your stats, try again later".

Perhaps you have to be from the UK or USA to take part now? I'm from New Zealand of all places. I think it's a shame we miss out as listening to music for cash sounds like fun even if the pay rate isn't impressive. It seems a lot less tedious than ptc websites.

I'm not really sure what countries are accepted for membership now but definitely my country, Malaysia isn't one. And as for it being tedious, I can tell you that it can be tedious after a certain point when you've listened to so many songs, they all sound the same. At least for PTCs, you don't need to use your brain. It's mindless work.

Reload | PID: #p669
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » genieswish » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:36 am | #11 of 30 |

tajnz wrote:Perhaps you have to be from the UK or USA to take part now? I'm from New Zealand of all places. I think it's a shame we miss out as listening to music for cash sounds like fun even if the pay rate isn't impressive. It seems a lot less tedious than ptc websites.

try musicxray.com - i didnt look at the tos to see if you're eligible, but worth a look :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p671
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » love2loveu » Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:53 pm | #12 of 30 |

I signed up with slice the pie a few months ago. It started off very good and I would rate songs and see my funds increase. Then one day they just stopped increasing. My scores were very good and I always received emails offering bonuses. I guess it was some sort of glitch in the system. I got frustrated and have not returned back.

Reload | PID: #p694
love2loveu
AVZoom: New Poster

#86 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 1:01 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:52 am | #13 of 30 |

genieswish wrote:
tajnz wrote:]Perhaps you have to be from the UK or USA to take part now? I'm from New Zealand of all places. I think it's a shame we miss out as listening to music for cash sounds like fun even if the pay rate isn't impressive. It seems a lot less tedious than ptc websites.

try musicxray.com - i didnt look at the tos to see if you're eligible, but worth a look :)

Hi genieswish, I happened to sign up with musicxray about three days ago and this morning they sent me my first testgroup song. It was worth 0.05 cents but was quick and painless. I see the better rated you get the better the cash incentives become also. :D I'll continue with musicxray and so far would reccomend for people who for some reason can not use slicethepie. The only thing is that cashout is at $20 but it seems like a reasonable target as long as the test group invitations are regular enough.

Reload | PID: #p774
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 8 June 2012, 6:03 pm | #14 of 30 |

I've not heard of musicxray but I'll check it out for sure if it's similar to slice the pie. Maybe even the songs are better )

Reload | PID: #p814
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Sat, 9 June 2012, 2:50 am | #15 of 30 |

MakingCents wrote:I've not heard of musicxray but I'll check it out for sure if it's similar to slice the pie. Maybe even the songs are better )

You should check it out .. although I must warn I don't think there are as many song invites as people say there are on slicethepie but then again it all depends on your demographics.

As for slice the pie I figured something could be wrong with my account and so I made another with my second email and it works. :D Although I only got to review 3 songs and I received 7 cents for them instead of the 5 cents I was rewarded on musicxray. Then again there is an opportunity to earn more on musicxray by getting badges.

Reload | PID: #p837
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sun, 10 June 2012, 11:50 pm | #16 of 30 |

Glad the second registration worked for you :) Keep going on slice the pie, sometimes you can get reviews up to .15 or even .20!

Reload | PID: #p902
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Mon, 11 June 2012, 9:36 am | #17 of 30 |

MakingCents wrote:Glad the second registration worked for you :) Keep going on slice the pie, sometimes you can get reviews up to .15 or even .20!

I'm enjoying slice the pie so far. :D So far I've managed to earn around $0.50 per day. However usually I'm only able to rate 3 songs at a time. So I just log on throughout the day to see if there are more songs available. Do you know how the frequency of songs offered tends to work?

Reload | PID: #p916
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Tue, 12 June 2012, 11:47 am | #18 of 30 |

I think it varies and I think you get more as your rating goes up. I've rated 10 or 15 at a time before it tells me I'm out. So I would guess that the more you work the more work it gives you eventually but I don't know that for sure.

Reload | PID: #p934
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Tue, 12 June 2012, 1:01 pm | #19 of 30 |

MakingCents wrote:I think it varies and I think you get more as your rating goes up. I've rated 10 or 15 at a time before it tells me I'm out. So I would guess that the more you work the more work it gives you eventually but I don't know that for sure.

Thanks again for responding. :D I've found that if I login late at night (New Zealand time), I'm able to review around 6-8 in a row. Which is quite interesting. Perhaps there are more songs to be reviewed at different times in the day! ;) I'm also starting to think your'e right and the more you work the more songs you are given to rate.

Also are you still managing to cash out. I've read lots of new reviews around the internet that state that people are getting banned for no reason and that people aren't being paid out even though they give useful in depth reviews. I'm just worried I'll earn $10 and then get suspended. :shock:

Reload | PID: #p936
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Tue, 12 June 2012, 1:24 pm | #20 of 30 |

The last time I tried to cashout I was able to and got my money in about 3 days. I haven't tried for about a week but I will let you know if I have any problems.

Reload | PID: #p939
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » greenmachine » Tue, 12 June 2012, 9:07 pm | #21 of 30 |

I have signed up awhile back ago, but I haven't done Slice The Pie in awhile. I was running out of things to say plus seemed like it was taking forver to reach payout which I haven't made yet. My 4 year old daughter loves when i did it since she loves to dance to music. I looked at it briefly since they changed it and trying to figure it all out.

Reload | PID: #p972
greenmachine

#104 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 9:48 am

Unread postby » greenmachine » Tue, 12 June 2012, 9:50 pm | #22 of 30 |

I haven't been on there in awhile. I just now decide to give it another try. The new site is making it harder to come up with new unique reviews for every song. When i thought I had given a different review it says it's similar to my last review. It feels like it's going to take forever to cash out which i have never reached yet.

Reload | PID: #p975
greenmachine

#104 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 9:48 am

Unread postby » Waynefire » Wed, 13 June 2012, 1:32 pm | #23 of 30 |

I am a member, but have not come anywhere close to the payout amounts. I know when I signed up they were offering different rates and I would make close to .20 a review at first. Then after doing about 5-10 songs even with the same length of review I would drop to .02 cents a review and never get back up until I stopped working for an hour and came back.

Reload | PID: #p1011
Waynefire

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 15 June 2012, 2:16 am | #24 of 30 |

Waynefire wrote:I am a member, but have not come anywhere close to the payout amounts. I know when I signed up they were offering different rates and I would make close to .20 a review at first. Then after doing about 5-10 songs even with the same length of review I would drop to .02 cents a review and never get back up until I stopped working for an hour and came back.

Hi Waynefire I think if you want to be successful at Slice the Pie you have to log in multiple times a day. How much money do want to earn on Slice the Pie? I've just gotten the hang of it and realized you get more songs to review the higher you are ranked. You shouldn't expect to earn much with Slice the Pie. I estimate without spending much time on this site I could make the $10 cashout every 7-9 days. Which isn't bad since it's something different to my other revenue sources.

Reload | PID: #p1085
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » KNH » Sat, 16 June 2012, 4:03 am | #25 of 30 |

To me, it seems just like most other sites. I don't get offered much and I have only been getting $0.05 for each review. I like it though because I love music, so other than the typical low pay and not a lot of options, I enjoy it.

Reload | PID: #p1152
KNH
AVZoom: New Member

#240 Joined:
Thu, 14 June 2012, 5:31 am

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sat, 16 June 2012, 11:44 am | #26 of 30 |

tajnz wrote:
Waynefire wrote:I am a member, but have not come anywhere close to the payout amounts. I know when I signed up they were offering different rates and I would make close to .20 a review at first. Then after doing about 5-10 songs even with the same length of review I would drop to .02 cents a review and never get back up until I stopped working for an hour and came back.

Hi Waynefire I think if you want to be successful at Slice the Pie you have to log in multiple times a day. How much money do want to earn on Slice the Pie? I've just gotten the hang of it and realized you get more songs to review the higher you are ranked. You shouldn't expect to earn much with Slice the Pie. I estimate without spending much time on this site I could make the $10 cashout every 7-9 days. Which isn't bad since it's something different to my other revenue sources.

cashout every 7-9 days is about what I get too, that's an average of a dollar a day or more from that site so I thinkit's pretty decent.

Reload | PID: #p1180
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Wed, 27 June 2012, 5:06 pm | #27 of 30 |

I was on Slice the Pie religiously last year and I thought it was easy work for the pay. I haven't been on the site lately, but I think I will check it out just to see what changes have been made. I think you get paid more for "quality" reviews which is what I tried to do, but my rank never went up. Thanks for the heads up!

Reload | PID: #p1614
Missnc35
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Thu, 28 June 2012, 2:14 am | #28 of 30 |

Missnc35 wrote:I was on Slice the Pie religiously last year and I thought it was easy work for the pay. I haven't been on the site lately, but I think I will check it out just to see what changes have been made. I think you get paid more for "quality" reviews which is what I tried to do, but my rank never went up. Thanks for the heads up!

That's strange that your rank didn't seem to go up. You should get points for each review you submit which fills up a bar. Once you get a certain amount you move up to the next level. The higher level you are the more reviews you'll be offered and your base rate will eventually rise a few cents. ;) Good luck, I've been really pleased with how much I've earned the past week.

Reload | PID: #p1629
tajnz

#153 Joined:

Unread postby » MakingCents » Thu, 28 June 2012, 3:29 am | #29 of 30 |

Yeah, my rank increases too, but it definitely doesn't happen quickly. I didn't realize that the higher ranks get more songs available. That's good to know!

Reload | PID: #p1641
MakingCents

#83 Joined:

Unread postby » suzeysplace » Thu, 5 July 2012, 3:31 pm | #30 of 30  Reply

I signed up for Slice the Pie but haven't even been on the site since then. I may have to give it a try though! I just wasn't sure whether or not it was actually a good way to earn or not, but that's probably going to be my next stop so I can see for myself. Thanks for sharing the information!

Reload | PID: #p1874
suzeysplace
AVZoom: New Poster

#337 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 3:07 pm
Name: Suzey

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    6,177 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online