TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
53 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    9,125 topic views 

How to earn money writing online?

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Tue, 5 June 2012, 4:26 pm | #1 of 53 |

I always keep hearing that writing online can net someone a good amount of money. I just don't think that I am that great of a writer and am looking for a site or two that can help me become a better writer so I can start to earn some money writing online. Does anyone know any websites that have tips to on being a better writer?
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Eph.2:8,9

Share Permalink | PID: #p637
iamprolife2006
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#106 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic How to earn money writing online? on login.

Re: How to earn money writing online?

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 5 June 2012, 4:45 pm | #2 of 53 |

Writing will definitely net some good fast cash. To get good at writing, you should do a lot of reading.. that's my tip ;)

Reload | PID: #p641
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Tue, 5 June 2012, 4:49 pm | #3 of 53 |

try 4minutearticles.com - find an article, paste it into the left pane - then rewrite it in the right pane, i find it really helpful. as MOC said keep reading and writing, the more you write the better and faster you will get! i need 500 words on constipation in pregnancy if you need some practise LOL

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p642
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 5 June 2012, 5:37 pm | #4 of 53 |

Great suggestion, genieswish! I'll have to look at that site and see how effective it is. That would be very helpful to even the people that say they are writers, but are having some issues with various sites that they can't get work on. It would at least help them to develop different styles.

Reload | PID: #p645
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Tue, 5 June 2012, 8:15 pm | #5 of 53 |

MOC wrote:Writing will definately net some good fast cash. To get good at writing, you should do alot of reading.. that's my tip ;)

I am an avid reader. Right now I have 12 books I am in the process of reading so that's no problem. I just need help collecting my thoughts and putting them to good use writing online. I write like I speak and sometimes that is not the best way to write online.
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

Reload | PID: #p648
iamprolife2006

#106 Joined:

Unread postby » Waynefire » Tue, 5 June 2012, 9:50 pm | #6 of 53 |

I have never heard of the 4 minute articles site before. I will have to check this one out because I do a lot of rewriting of my articles. You may want to check out londonbrokers.net. The site is a good one for writers to start out on, a pain yes, but a good site. The only downside is you need to make sure you watch the videos and then you can really learn more about Internet writing.

Reload | PID: #p649
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » MeiEden » Tue, 5 June 2012, 11:53 pm | #7 of 53 |

There are a ton of sites that allow you to earn money writing online.
Some of them are revenue sharing sites where you get a percentage of ad revenue from users clicking on ads shown with your article. These include: HubPages, squidoo, infobarrel, and triond.

There are other sites that can also offer upfront payment in addition to performance payment for every 1000 views to your article, but they generally require an editor to check over your work first. These include Yahoo Contributor Network and Knoji, to name a few.

If you're a better writer and have a portfolio, I know some work at home mom's write for Demand Studios, who pays more per article.

Reload | PID: #p656
MeiEden

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:41 am | #8 of 53 |

iamprolife2006 wrote:I write like I speak and sometimes that is not the best way to write online.

On the contrary, iamprolife, it is the best way to write online. When writing online articles, you need to use a conversational tone otherwise you'll lose your readers. I think you write pretty well so I don't see why you shouldn't try your hand at writing articles. There are so many websites that will pay you to publish on their sites.

Reload | PID: #p672
UmmiNoor
AVZoom: Regular Author

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:26 pm | #9 of 53 |

UmmiNoor wrote:
iamprolife2006 wrote:I write like I speak and sometimes that is not the best way to write online.

On the contrary, iamprolife, it is the best way to write online. When writing online articles, you need to use a conversational tone otherwise you'll lose your readers. I think you write pretty well so I don't see why you shouldn't try your hand at writing articles. There are so many websites that will pay you to publish on their sites.

Hey, thanks! I appreciate it. I belong to MTurk and have been apprehensive of doing the writing HITs because I didn't think I was good enough to write. I appreciate all the responses and will try to put some to good use. I am going to try the rewriting articles website and see what happens and go on MTurk and try to do a least a small article.
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

Reload | PID: #p679
iamprolife2006

#106 Joined:

Unread postby » aphil » Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:54 pm | #10 of 53 |

I receive a lot of writing tips and job information from these sites: workersonboard.com - aboutfreelancewriting.com - Readwritelearn.com - Fundsforwriters.com
These sites have helped me to land jobs and provided me with lessons to improve my writing. There are so many inspirational posts and great tips to keep you inspired.
Aphil
Sharing a Gift That Grows
http://tinyurl.com/enjoyearning

Reload | PID: #p683
aphil

#189 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:30 pm

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Wed, 6 June 2012, 6:04 pm | #11 of 53 |

aphil wrote:I receive a lot of writing tips and job information from these sites: workersonboard.com - aboutfreelancewriting.com - Readwritelearn.com - Fundsforwriters.com
These sites have helped me to land jobs and provided me with lessons to improve my writing. There are so many inspirational posts and great tips to keep you inspired.

I am definitely going to try those sites. This will motivate me to become a better writer and then begin to earn more online by writing. I'm so glad I posted this question. Thanks for all your help!
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

Reload | PID: #p697
iamprolife2006

#106 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:17 pm | #12 of 53 |

The first site I ever submitted anything to was HubPages. It is a revenue sharing site, but also offers an Apprenticeship Program (which I have just started). I would suggest signing up with them, reading what others have written on the subject of writing, then write some of your own Hubs. If you are interested in the apprenticeship course, by all means apply for it. They only accept 30 students per month, so if you aren't accepted the first time you apply keep trying.

The trick to earning money with HubPages is to have quality content, and lots of it. Hubs that are informative will have more views and clicks on ads than say, poetry. I have been a contributor since January 2010 and am just now starting to see some results of my hard work. Keep in mind I only published 55 Hubs prior to my apprenticeship, so I really have no one to blame but myself.

HubPages also allows you to incorporate, AdSense, Amazon and eBay into your Hubs, so the earning potential is there. You will need to have an account with each of the companies I mentioned, but there is no cost to open an account.

HubPages is just one way; submitting to other sites such as Helium, Squidoo, Knoji etc are other ways. Knoji pays per article in addition to revenue sharing, but they are fussier. iWriter is a site that will pay per article as well, but the pay starts out low. If you provide quality articles your ratings will go up; with higher ratings comes more pay. I hope this helps. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p712
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » s_sayan » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:51 pm | #13 of 53 |

Hey, seems like you've got a lot of help from the members of this forum. I didn't know about many of those sites. Right now I am looking to make quick money to promote my new site. This thread has a lot of useful information to make a few quick bucks writing. Thanks guys.
Want To Download Movies or Maybe Watch Them Online? Then Check Out My Site
One Link Movies / Un Link Peliculas

http://www.unlinkpeliculas.com

Reload | PID: #p717
s_sayan

#91 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Unread postby » sin6669 » Tue, 12 June 2012, 11:45 am | #14 of 53 |

I have actually started to make some money by selling ebooks on Kindle. I bought a couple of courses on the subject and started with some small projects that I was interested in. I am making around £200 per month with only 5 titles at the moment. I keep adding titles to my Kindle account, but Amazon are getting really picky about what they will accept at the moment.

Some courses suggest writing recipe books as apparently these can not be copyrighted but I am starting to find that this is not the case. I think it was at one time, but they are clamping down massively.
Most of the courses suggest going to elance and guru and getting someone to write a book for you is the way to go and then selling it yourself. There is no doubt that some people are making thousands of £ by selling kindle books but I think to hit one of these magical gems of a book is not as easy as they make out.

I write how to books instead of fiction, as this is something I can research and then write about. It doesn't take any imagination really but you do need to learn how to format the book ready for kindle. I learned this skill on one of the courses I took and have made a small amount of money selling this service on Fiverr, but nothing to write home about.

I do think that writing for kindle is an effective use of time as I sold over 100 books last month and I am already on target to pass that this month.

I will keep adding titles and keep you all posted as to how it is going.

Reload | PID: #p933
sin6669
AVZoom: New Member

#227 Joined:
Tue, 12 June 2012, 11:16 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 13 June 2012, 6:11 am | #15 of 53 |

I have added a couple of titles to Kindle and Amazon myself, and have another to edit. I haven't made more than a few dollars with them, but as I add more I'm confident the earnings will increase. I read somewhere that if you have more than one title in bookstores (be it online or brick and mortar) you have a higher chance of selling them. I do hope that is the case, as I am anxious to start earning some revenue on my books. But, until that happens, I will continue to submit articles to HubPages. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE

Reload | PID: #p994
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » MercyL » Tue, 19 June 2012, 7:26 pm | #16 of 53 |

genieswish wrote:try 4minutearticles.com - find an article, paste it into the left pane - then rewrite it in the right pane, i find it really helpful. as MOC said keep reading and writing, the more you write the better and faster you will get! i need 500 words on constipation in pregnancy if you need some practise LOL

While this sounds pretty easy, spinning existing articles will get much of your work rejected, leading to your banishment from many content sites. A content site's editors evaluate articles for grammar and style before publishing articles, but they also check articles for duplicate content with Copyscape or other programs that search the web for duplicate content.

I suggest making your own blog and practicing article writing there, first. Look for free writing tutorials and purchase the Associated Press Stylebook.

If you must rewrite articles, rewrite your own articles. Don't use someone else's work.

Reload | PID: #p1312
MercyL

#263 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 8:56 pm
Name: MsLewis

Unread postby » hunysukle » Tue, 19 June 2012, 9:12 pm | #17 of 53 |

I used to earn full-time income writing online. Here are the best sites for newbies:

Writer Access
Article Document
Text Broker
Constant-Content
Media Piston
Blogmutt
Write.com

Good luck - you can really earn a lot of money writing if you put your mind to it and don't give up. The more you write, the better you will become and more money you will earn.

Reload | PID: #p1317
hunysukle

#77 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:22 am | #18 of 53 |

MercyL wrote:
genieswish wrote:try 4minutearticles.com - find an article, paste it into the left pane - then rewrite it in the right pane, i find it really helpful. as MOC said keep reading and writing, the more you write the better and faster you will get! i need 500 words on constipation in pregnancy if you need some practise LOL

While this sounds pretty easy, spinning existing articles will get much of your work rejected, leading to your banishment from many content sites. A content site's editors evaluate articles for grammar and style before publishing articles, but they also check articles for duplicate content with Copyscape or other programs that search the web for duplicate content.

I suggest making your own blog and practicing article writing there, first. Look for free writing tutorials and purchase the Associated Press Stylebook.

If you must rewrite articles, rewrite your own articles. Don't use someone else's work.

I think they were suggesting that site for the person to practice their writing, not so they can use the writing as their own. The person that they were speaking to was feeling a little unsure about their writing skill.

Reload | PID: #p1330
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » MercyL » Wed, 20 June 2012, 4:05 pm | #19 of 53 |

I think they were suggesting that site for the person to practice their writing, not so they can use the writing as their own. The person that they were speaking to was feeling a little unsure about their writing skill.

I must have misinterpreted what I saw when I looked at http://4minutearticles.com/. The editing cues feature keyword issues, like header tags, italics and density. There is a button labeled "check for plagiarism", but nothing addressing style/voice or grammar.

It looks like a spinning aid, to me.

There is a program called Stylewriter that addresses voice and grammar, but I can not remember how much it costs. It is a worthwhile investment for new writers, and I wished I had remembered it while responding to the post, yesterday.

Reload | PID: #p1349
MercyL

#263 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 8:56 pm
Name: MsLewis

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Fri, 22 June 2012, 7:44 pm | #20 of 53 |

Personally, when I began to consider writing online for money, the first content mill I discovered was Textbroker. If you're looking for a user-friendly platform to start off with, Textbroker is definitely the way to go. To get started, you must submit a writing sample, then they rate you. After that, you can get to work. The jobs are a little on the lower-paying side, but it sounds to me like you're just looking for a place to get your foot in the door. I still use Textbroker, and I would still recommend them, especially to new writers.

Reload | PID: #p1415
Missnc35

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » adamarclight » Sat, 23 June 2012, 5:52 am | #21 of 53 |

iamprolife2006 wrote:I always keep hearing that writing online can net someone a good amount of money. I just don't think that I am that great of a writer and am looking for a site or two that can help me become a better writer so I can start to earn some money writing online. Does anyone know any websites that have tips to on being a better writer?
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

I know some pay per post site... lemme explain the system in it... Each time you make a post, you will get between 0-2 point. The points you receieved is all depends from your posting quality... since you will be marked as a spammer if you post randomly or off topic, your posting length.... your post must be lengthy since they hate one liners and you're working as a good poster here and your post must be naturally lengthy and the last point depends on the site. Some site gives bonus point for every post you made too. You will get some ratings due to the post you made and the ratings may give you some bonus points per post you made. The only thing problem is... you need to have an excellent english grammar before considering this site since you must pass the first selection the give to you. You can receieve 5 dollars for every 100 points you made and there's many jobs to post at there. I personally recieve 6 dollars every day and it's still increasing till now. If you think this job is interesting and you got the capabilities to do this, feel free to ask me directly via yahoo messenger and here's my email.... isipeowner@yahoo.co.id or you can just give me a pm at here. Hope this job will help you!
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1424
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » olley99 » Sun, 24 June 2012, 9:54 am | #22 of 53 |

I would focus on advertising whatever you are going to sell, I would say that internet sales are a big place to start and that is about all the internet is good for money wise. You could sell some old household items on ebay, or purchase some things from overstock or another bulk location and re-sell them for a profit. The opportunities are endless just put a little thinking into it.

Reload | PID: #p1480
olley99

#193 Joined:
Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:46 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 25 June 2012, 4:36 am | #23 of 53 |

I have recently applied to be a writer at Write.com; for those unfamiliar with the site, please note you will need to do an assessment of your writing skills before acceptance. There are 20 questions, plus a 100 word writing sample to be completed. I was a little surprised regarding the writing sample, but it only makes sense. I support the request for the assessment as it will ensure the highest quality articles will be submitted for the client base. Good luck to all who decide to apply to be a part of the team.

Reload | PID: #p1502
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Mon, 25 June 2012, 5:40 am | #24 of 53 |

I hope you get accepted. Is it a fairly new site or did you decide to finally give them a chance? You'll let us know how they pay out, right?

Reload | PID: #p1504
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Mon, 25 June 2012, 11:43 am | #25 of 53 |

I've been researching writing sites for awhile and have never heard of Write.com. It sounds perfectly reasonable to answer some questions and attach a sample. If this site is legitimate I'm more than willing to sign up. Please keep us informed of your opinion and whether or not it pays. My fingers are crossed.

Reload | PID: #p1512
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 25 June 2012, 11:39 pm | #26 of 53 |

Sugarhill wrote:I hope you get accepted. Is it a fairly new site or did you decide to finally give them a chance? You'll let us know how they pay out, right?

I did get accepted :) and they pay through Amazon. I was given instructions to sign up with Amazon Turk but I already have an account through there so just had to submit my information. I did a blog post on my website earlier today explaining a bit of how the system works (my view of it anyway). I have yet to receive the final instructions on linking my AT account to Write.com, but I'm sure the email will arrive by tomorrow. It does take some time for processing on their part so I will be patient. :)

Reload | PID: #p1533
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Rackermann » Tue, 26 June 2012, 2:36 am | #27 of 53 |

You have been overwhelmed by responses to your thread and question, so I do not know if you need any more suggestions, but here is mine anyway. I joined this site recently and they are very good too, and you can earn money through their revenue sharing...I had my first article published their this week - http://knoji.com

I have been a freelance writer for about two years and it is definitely the easiest way to start making money almost immediately online, and I have tried almost everything there is on the Internet :)

Reload | PID: #p1537
Rackermann

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 26 June 2012, 4:07 am | #28 of 53 |

Amazon Payments are great. They transfer the money rather quickly, so there shouldn't be any sort of problem on that end. If they are tracking through MTurk, that's cool too as they list out your work very nicely and send you a weekly report of the work that you have done.

Reload | PID: #p1540
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Mon, 2 July 2012, 11:27 am | #29 of 53 |

Rackermann wrote:You have been overwhelmed by responses to your thread and question, so I do not know if you need any more suggestions, but here is mine anyway. I joined this site recently and they are very good too, and you can earn money through their revenue sharing...I had my first article published their this week - http://knoji.com

I have been a freelance writer for about two years and it is definitely the easiest way to start making money almost immediately online, and I have tried almost everything there is on the Internet :)

While researching new potential income streams I happened to come across Knoji last night! The blogger who wrote about it seemed happy but I was still too skeptical to join up. There are so many scams and sites that just don't pay that it's hard to get my hopes up. It's great to have someone here recommend it. I'll sign up in the morning and give it a try for a week or two. :)

Reload | PID: #p1762
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Mon, 2 July 2012, 3:19 pm | #30 of 53  Goto page 1, 2  Reply

I've heard a lot of positive things about Knoji also, so I hope it all works out for you and it turns into something really productive.

Reload | PID: #p1768
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    9,125 topic views 
Next

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com