TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
28 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    3,641 topic views 

How hard do you work for success

Unread postby » love2loveu » Wed, 6 June 2012, 6:07 pm | #1 of 28 |

If you want to be successful how many hours do you usually put on the computer working from home?

Share Permalink | PID: #p699
love2loveu
AVZoom: New Poster

#86 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 1:01 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic How hard do you work for success on login.

Re: How hard do you work for success

Unread postby » MOC » Wed, 6 June 2012, 6:17 pm | #2 of 28 |

I'm usually working around 12 hours a day on average, give or take but alot of the time it just doesn't feel like work :)

Reload | PID: #p703
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Wed, 6 June 2012, 8:15 pm | #3 of 28 |

I do about 6 hours in the morning (interspersed with with getting distracted on here or facebook or shiny stuff) then i make time in the afternoon to play with the kids, followed by 2-4 hrs in the evening depending on what i need to do. Before bed i write down the jobs for the next day so i get up ready and prepared (in theory) and as MOC said, sometimes i don't even see it as work. I love what I'm doing, but I'll love it even more when I start to see the fruits of my labour! :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p709
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:24 pm | #4 of 28 |

I spend several hours a day at my computer writing, reading and posting in forums. I am finally beginning to see some positive results as the majority of my writing has been submitted to revenue sharing sites such as Helium and HubPages. I also post to my blogs, write books and whitepapers and take on the occasional task at iWriter. I honestly do not know (nor do I want to) how many hours I actually spend at my computer. I am probably borderline workaholic (if not full-blown already) but I have some goals I wish to achieve in the near future.

It takes hard work, and I will be quite happy when I start earning a substantial passive income so I can take a step back to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p713
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 7 June 2012, 3:33 pm | #5 of 28 |

I work a minimum of about five hours a day. I've manged to figure out a system for one of my jobs to maximize the goal of what I'm doing and crunch it into a small window of time. So, that frees up time for the other ventures in between shifts. Now, it's a matter of smoothly adding them into my day.

On average, I get about 7-8 officially tracked hours and there are some times when I don't punch the clock, but I am still working. I have a time recording app that I use to help monitor how much time I am giving to an activity as well as how many hours I put in during the day. It's helped a lot as I design my overall schedule.

Reload | PID: #p745
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Thu, 7 June 2012, 11:17 pm | #6 of 28 |

Sugarhill wrote:I work a minimum of about five hours a day. I've manged to figure out a system for one of my jobs to maximize the goal of what I'm doing and crunch it into a small window of time. So, that frees up time for the other ventures in between shifts. Now, it's a matter of smoothly adding them into my day.

On average, I get about 7-8 officially tracked hours and there are some times when I don't punch the clock, but I am still working. I have a time recording app that I use to help monitor how much time I am giving to an activity as well as how many hours I put in during the day. It's helped a lot as I design my overall schedule.

I have personally not tried any time tracking software; I probably should so I know how much time I am actually wasting by distractions. I do not spend consecutive time at my computer as I tend to other obligations at home, such as meal preparation, outside chores and general housework/yardwork. It would still be interesting to know though.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE

Reload | PID: #p760
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » s_sayan » Fri, 8 June 2012, 2:06 am | #7 of 28 |

I don't know the exact amount of time I spend during the day, but I can tell you is anything between 12 to 14 hours a day. Yes I'm really trying to make money online like crazy. I am working on my new site most of the time and then I write in some places to earn a few bucks. ;)
Want To Download Movies or Maybe Watch Them Online? Then Check Out My Site
One Link Movies / Un Link Peliculas

http://www.unlinkpeliculas.com

Reload | PID: #p777
s_sayan

#91 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 8 June 2012, 5:45 am | #8 of 28 |

dziomek wrote:
Sugarhill wrote:I work a minimum of about five hours a day. I've manged to figure out a system for one of my jobs to maximize the goal of what I'm doing and crunch it into a small window of time. So, that frees up time for the other ventures in between shifts. Now, it's a matter of smoothly adding them into my day.

I have personally not tried any time tracking software; I probably should so I know how much time I am actually wasting by distractions. I do not spend consecutive time at my computer as I tend to other obligations at home, such as meal preparation, outside chores and general housework/yardwork. It would still be interesting to know though.

The app that I use is just like a punch clock. When I start working, I punch in and when I stop that task, I punch out. Rinse and repeat until I have finished my work for the day. It will add up all the time for you and I get to see how many hours I worked and what periods of time were the most productive. Definitely look for something to monitor your workday, it will help tremendously.

Reload | PID: #p786
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » MeiEden » Fri, 8 June 2012, 8:40 pm | #9 of 28 |

Sugarhill and dziomek: What app do you use to track your time? Is it free from online somewhere?

I'm not sure if it would be considered success, but I currently have just gotten started making money online. In one week, I've made maybe $20 by writing for revenue share, doing get-paid-to sites such as MTurk, and a few other simple tasks about 8-10 hours a day +/- a few hours. It's fun though, and I haven't really considered it work. Right now it's more of an experiment. I think as other posters have suggested, I need to put together a strategy to maximize my time better.

Reload | PID: #p817
MeiEden
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 8 June 2012, 9:16 pm | #10 of 28 |

MeiEden wrote:Sugarhill and dziomek: What app do you use to track your time? Is it free from online somewhere?

I'm not sure if it would be considered success, but I currently have just gotten started making money online. In one week, I've made maybe $20 by writing for revenue share, doing get-paid-to sites such as MTurk, and a few other simple tasks about 8-10 hours a day +/- a few hours. It's fun though, and I haven't really considered it work. Right now it's more of an experiment. I think as other posters have suggested, I need to put together a strategy to maximize my time better.

I have not used a time tracker as of yet; it is on my To Do list.

$20 is not bad for one week, especially if you are just getting started. It took me several months of little tasks to net that in one week. I am finally beginning to see some real results from work I did when I first started my online writing career. I am finally able to contribute to the family income again. I know it takes time, and I haven't considered it all work. I like what I do and just need to utilize my time a little better.

Reload | PID: #p820
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » classy_ally » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:37 pm | #11 of 28 |

I spend day and night on the internet. I am disabled so I don't have a job, but I still need to make money. I might work for 5 or 6 hours and take a break. I'm up all hours of the night. I want so much to earn more money. You just can't put a couple of hours a week and expect to be successful. It's like a regular job.

Reload | PID: #p831
classy_ally
AVZoom: Regular Author

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 9 June 2012, 5:20 am | #12 of 28 |

I use an app for Android called Time Recording Pro. It's just like any time clock that a regular job would have. You punch in and out and it tracks everything for you. It's been invaluable. I'm sure there are some for iOS and Windows also.

Reload | PID: #p839
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Sat, 9 June 2012, 6:21 am | #13 of 28 |

Sugarhill wrote:I use an app for Android called Time Recording Pro. It's just like any time clock that a regular job would have. You punch in and out and it tracks everything for you. It's been invaluable. I'm sure there are some for iOS and Windows also.

Thank you...I checked my Apps on my Kobo Vox and couldn't find that one. I found a fitness recorder, but not the one you mentioned. Is it a paid app?

Reload | PID: #p845
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 9 June 2012, 4:55 pm | #14 of 28 |

Yes, they do have a free version of the app that I use. I went ahead and paid for it because I hate ads and there were a few more features that I liked. But, go to the Play Store and look it up. They also have a lot of other time keeping apps available. If you don't want something on your actual device, you should be able to find programs for the PC and you can track your time that way also.

Reload | PID: #p851
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » OliBoli » Sat, 9 June 2012, 11:48 pm | #15 of 28 |

I am working about 3-4 hours on the internet, but this time is not hard working time. In this time I read my emails, I read the replies for my all forum posts, I am answering them if they're addressed for me, and I work a little with SEO optimizing my 2 websites. So I am not working hard, because I already monetized my sites, and my banners are getting me some money without any effort :)
But this money are not too much for me, because of the low number of visitors I am getting at this time. So now I need to work a little more to earn some other money too, I need to make other websites to get more banner views and more money - or I need to spend a little more time optimizing SEO my existing websites :)
Best CPM networks, paying for international visits, counting every impression:

CPMFUN; PAID-TO-PROMOTE; BINLAYER

Reload | PID: #p870
OliBoli

#214 Joined:
Sat, 9 June 2012, 9:17 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Sun, 10 June 2012, 11:28 am | #16 of 28 |

I'm a stay at home mom with three children still in school. One of my children is staying in a hostel and one is in college and the last one is the one that takes up much of my time; having to send and fetch her from school. So when she's in school and my husband at work, I have some time to work online.

I usually start working at 9am after finishing all my chores and will stop at noon to go fetch my daughter and after lunch at 2pm, I will begin again until 5pm when I will start dinner. So I have very little precious time to actually do work online so I have to maximize this little time that I have to earn as much as I can. This is why I like to do work that will give me a passive income like writing for paid to write websites.

Reload | PID: #p878
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » adamarclight » Mon, 18 June 2012, 12:25 pm | #17 of 28 |

I don't have anything to do right now so i can work online from 07:00 AM till 00:00. But actually i can't just find the work for that. Anyone can give me some online jobs? For online jobs, i can only think of pay per post and pay to click. Please give some other jobs like translating job to do, since i'm excels in languages. thanks!
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1261
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 19 June 2012, 4:42 pm | #18 of 28 |

I can suggest Cloud Crowd as they have work in different languages, but from what I can tell, the bulk of it is writing or editing in different languages. Occasionally, they will have some straight translation work. You can look on there. If you have a Facebook account, you can work on their app.

Have you tried Amazon MTurk? They also have the occasional translation jobs. Do a Google search for that specifically and see what turns up for you.

Reload | PID: #p1303
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » OliBoli » Tue, 19 June 2012, 8:55 pm | #19 of 28 |

Sugarhill wrote:I can suggest Cloud Crowd as they have work in different languages, but from what I can tell, the bulk of it is writing or editing in different languages. Occasionally, they will have some straight translation work. You can look on there. If you have a Facebook account, you can work on their app.

Have you tried Amazon MTurk? They also have the occasional translation jobs. Do a Google search for that specifically and see what turns up for you.

I heart so much positive things about Cloud Crowd, and I visited their website, but I don't understand something: what it means to edit, what exactly I need to do? To edit a text given to me - where? In my own website? Or in a website given to me, by them? Can you explain me, please, what exactly I need to do with the editing option?
Best CPM networks, paying for international visits, counting every impression:

CPMFUN; PAID-TO-PROMOTE; BINLAYER

Reload | PID: #p1315
OliBoli

#214 Joined:
Sat, 9 June 2012, 9:17 pm

Unread postby » hunysukle » Tue, 19 June 2012, 9:08 pm | #20 of 28 |

I've been trying to earn residual income online for almost five years now. I used to spend almost all day on the internet, but now I only spend about six or seven hours online. I don't even notice time flying by when I'm working on my website. I love creating websites and promoting online income opportunities.

Reload | PID: #p1316
hunysukle
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#77 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:07 am | #21 of 28 |

OliBoli wrote:
Sugarhill wrote:I can suggest Cloud Crowd as they have work in different languages, but from what I can tell, the bulk of it is writing or editing in different languages. Occasionally, they will have some straight translation work. You can look on there. If you have a Facebook account, you can work on their app.

I heart so much positive things about Cloud Crowd, and I visited their website, but I don't understand something: what it means to edit, what exactly I need to do? To edit a text given to me - where? In my own website? Or in a website given to me, by them? Can you explain me, please, what exactly I need to do with the editing option?

First, you have to get the editing credential. Once you have that, they will supply the articles for you to edit and it will be within their system.

Reload | PID: #p1329
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » adamarclight » Wed, 20 June 2012, 12:10 pm | #22 of 28 |

I've heard about cloud crowd before... i'm gonna take a look into it... thanks! Currently i'm earning money by using postloop. You can earn money by posting into some forums... have you heard of it before?
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1335
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 21 June 2012, 4:08 pm | #23 of 28 |

Have I heard of Postloop? Yes. From what I understand it's pretty good way to make money on a daily basis, but I think you would still need to add it to a stable of sites if you are looking for a daily amount of money earned.

Reload | PID: #p1359
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 21 June 2012, 4:13 pm | #24 of 28 |

It really varies day to day for me. I know that for me I work at least 2 hours in the morning, but the rest of the day is up in the air. I know this does not sound like much, but this is a secondary income for me and I cannot detract to much time from the primary income I get.

Reload | PID: #p1361
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 21 June 2012, 8:04 pm | #25 of 28 |

Well, if this is just additional money for you, then you are working hard enough for the level of success that works within the overall framework of your life. Two hours a day is fine if you meet the amount of extra money that you are looking for on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis. I wish I had found some of the things I am doing now at previous times in my life.

Reload | PID: #p1370
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » Rackermann » Fri, 22 June 2012, 2:25 pm | #26 of 28 |

I am currently putting in very long hours online - sometimes up to 18 hours in the day and I feel it is worth it! To be successful, you have to work hard and if you are willing to be one of the hardest workers, then you will be more successful I believe!!

Reload | PID: #p1391
Rackermann

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 22 June 2012, 3:03 pm | #27 of 28 |

Have you found a way to trim your hours online while still getting all of your work done? That's what I am in the process of doing, it's just taking longer than I thought it would.

Reload | PID: #p1394
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 28 June 2012, 5:35 am | #28 of 28  Reply

I just wanted to bump this back up as guidance for some of the newer people on the board and as a nudge to keep pushing towards your goals. As I wrote, I was actively trying to arrange a workday to best get my worksites in order and while I'm still adding new things and methods, the overall goal has been reached.

I've been able to find a system that is working consistently and there are times of the day where I am actually free and I can stop work at a much earlier time than I was when I started. So, keep chipping away and tuning and fine tuning. It will all come together.

Reload | PID: #p1646
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    3,641 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com