TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
24 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    3,414 topic views 

do you promote programs with no referral bonus?

Unread postby » iebo » Wed, 6 June 2012, 6:58 pm | #1 of 24 |

I have been changing my website a little bit, and I was struck by the question of whether I should promote programs that do not have any referral bonus.
The reason for this consideration is that, in the past, I have been a part of programs that became so popular they essentially ran out of work, and I saw my earnings drastically cut (remember ToneADay?) I like my programs and do not want others to take work away from me if there's no incentive for me to promote it.
The other side of the argument is that the more information you provide, the more valuable your site can be to others, and perhaps they will be more likely to join programs that do have referral bonuses.

So what is your opinion on promoting programs with no referral bonus?
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Share Permalink | PID: #p705
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic do you promote programs with no referral bonus? on login.

Re: do you promote programs with no referral bonus?

Unread postby » genieswish » Wed, 6 June 2012, 8:09 pm | #2 of 24 |

I promote both, there's only a few links on my site with referrals in - I think too many and it starts to look like you are only looking out for your own affairs, people want to feel like they have learned something, or that you have given something of value to them - not that you are just out to make money off them. That's just my opinion though.
As a reader I find it really off putting if i find a site with more links and banners than content and tend to either click off or remove the referral link, but if the writer has put genuine effort in then i'll gladly sign up under them as a thank you :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p708
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 7 June 2012, 2:24 pm | #3 of 24 |

I think people are more willing to believe in what you have to say if you have the same enthusiasm and desire to help them, even when it doesn't "help" you. It doesn't take much to tell when a person is only out for themselves. Your purpose is to get people to read your site one way or another, so give them a reason to. You may get some of your work cut on the sites, but you could also increase the traffic to your site, which if you are doing what you should as far as monetizing it, should be your ultimate goal and where you want to make most of your money.

Reload | PID: #p741
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » MOC » Thu, 7 June 2012, 2:41 pm | #4 of 24 |

Yes, I have recently promoted a certain members website because I like the look of their banner, and they are nearly elite! Somewhere early in development of this forum I decided I would promote the leading members and websites, it can help both parties if their website is the right type of website to promote and if they themselves are of good repute.

Reload | PID: #p743
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 3:23 pm | #5 of 24 |

aww shucks MOC darn nearly bought a tear to my eye did that! 8-)

I think you get what you give: A wonderful lady has taken time out of her busy schedule to give my site a once over seo wise after I left a comment on her blog, so I've naturally signed up to her email list and will be recommending her site very highly.

I've also gotten some great free advertising from this very forum, just for doing what I love to do (talk about making money)

+ I got an easter egg, a £75 toy voucher and some body lotion for contributing (spamming) to baby related forums and fb pages!

I'm feeling very positive about the future for the first time in a long time

Reload | PID: #p744
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 9:36 pm | #6 of 24 |

I do because I don't see an issue wit that. I figure people are more open to trusting your word if you tell them about things that doesn't result in a direct financial benefit to you. If you're always talking about things that can make you money it could turn people off because you sound like a salesman and people are just hard-wired these days to be reluctant of people like that.

Reload | PID: #p757
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Fri, 8 June 2012, 12:54 am | #7 of 24 |

So new banner for the left side then hmm getting to work on that today :)

Reload | PID: #p765
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:22 am | #8 of 24 |

I have promoted some of these sites, but only if I learn and earn from them. For example, some of the writing sites do not provide a bonus, but I will still list them to keep balance on my site.

Reload | PID: #p768
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » s_sayan » Fri, 8 June 2012, 2:01 am | #9 of 24 |

It depends. If you have a website or blog where you promote those sites, then should be a good idea to promote both, since as you said, they will be joining other sites from your blog since they will trust in you. However, if you don't have a website or blog and you only promote those sites through your signature in forums, etc. Then I think that's not a good idea, since these people won't have the chance to trust you because they don't know who you are.
Want To Download Movies or Maybe Watch Them Online? Then Check Out My Site
One Link Movies / Un Link Peliculas

http://www.unlinkpeliculas.com

Reload | PID: #p776
s_sayan

#91 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Unread postby » OliBoli » Sat, 9 June 2012, 10:37 pm | #10 of 24 |

Yes, I am promoting programs with no referral bonus, but not on my sites and not on my forum signatures, only in my forum posts. And I am doing this to help other people to find the right programs what they need, what for they are asking in their topics. If I have a good or bad experience with the respective programs, I am always sharing my experience - if not, I am telling only my opinion about them.
But in my websites I am promoting only the programs offering referral bonus, and only a few of them, because I don't want to stuff my sites with a lot of links, these will decrease the other links value. And in my signatures I have space also for a low number of links, I don't want to use this space for promoting programs that don't want to offer referral earnings for this - am I right? :)
Best CPM networks, paying for international visits, counting every impression:

CPMFUN; PAID-TO-PROMOTE; BINLAYER

Reload | PID: #p859
OliBoli

#214 Joined:
Sat, 9 June 2012, 9:17 pm

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Wed, 13 June 2012, 11:42 am | #11 of 24 |

No your not wrong methods like that are good. But if i can help someone with a referal link in a post then i will too, thats what keeps the system running people being interactive with their networks and growing everyones profits in the process.

Reload | PID: #p1006
freeautolinkbot

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:02 pm | #12 of 24 |

If ther eis nothing in it for me I don't just throw it out there all over the place. I'll share it with my online friends, and people who share things with me. But you are right, I used to make $$ a day at some sites and then they get saturated with work and I make almost nothing there anymore.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p1137
MakingCents
AVZoom: Century Club

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » TheMonkMan » Sun, 17 June 2012, 7:44 am | #13 of 24 |

I do too, simply because I have struggled long and hard to find legit money sites online, so I know what it is like and like to help others. I often promote Esearch even though there is no refferal system, it is just the only survey site that I am happy with.

Reload | PID: #p1219
TheMonkMan
AVZoom: New Poster

#154 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 2:23 pm

Unread postby » hunysukle » Sun, 17 June 2012, 5:24 pm | #14 of 24 |

Sometimes I promote sites with no referral bonuses. I promote writing sites on my website, even though they have no referral bonuses. I enjoy helping other earn money online, and I try to add all the money-making opportunities to know of, whether they pay referral bonuses or not. However, I do promote a lot of sites that have referral bonuses. I am still trying to earn full-time income online, so I have to.

Reload | PID: #p1227
hunysukle
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#77 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Unread postby » adamarclight » Sun, 24 June 2012, 7:15 am | #15 of 24 |

iebo wrote:I have been changing my website a little bit, and I was struck by the question of whether I should promote programs that do not have any referral bonus.
The reason for this consideration is that, in the past, I have been a part of programs that became so popular they essentially ran out of work, and I saw my earnings drastically cut (remember ToneADay?) I like my programs and do not want others to take work away from me if there's no incentive for me to promote it.
The other side of the argument is that the more information you provide, the more valuable your site can be to others, and perhaps they will be more likely to join programs that do have referral bonuses.

I've never do that since i think it's a waste of time. I would prefer doing anything that would increases my own income and i won't get anything if the there's no referral link. The only thing you can get by doing this is fame and trust. That's important.. i know it. But i don't think that's needed in online world and the special thing we can do without any fame to gather referral in online world is promotion. I think giving away bonuses would get you many referral since money is the only thing that makes us searching money online. You may say that i'm stingy.... no problem.. that's who i am. But remember it... life is hard and harsh... you can't survive with only words.
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1470
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Dugsmom » Thu, 5 July 2012, 2:34 pm | #16 of 24 |

I promote anything I believe it. I would never promote something I never tried or didn't like. To answer your question, yes I would promote a product or website but only if it was something I truly believed in. I don't like tricking people into purchasing something that I knew didn't work or was a waste of money.

Reload | PID: #p1866
Dugsmom

#259 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 5:00 pm
Name: Vanessa

Unread postby » MOC » Thu, 5 July 2012, 3:06 pm | #17 of 24 |

adamarclight wrote:I've never do that since i think it's a waste of time. I would prefer doing anything that would increases my own income and i won't get anything if the there's no referral link. The only thing you can get by doing this is fame and trust. That's important.. i know it. But i don't think that's needed in online world and the special thing we can do without any fame to gather referral in online world is promotion. I think giving away bonuses would get you many referral since money is the only thing that makes us searching money online. You may say that i'm stingy.... no problem.. that's who i am. But remember it... life is hard and harsh... you can't survive with only words.

Well maybe a certain banner needs to come down going on this sentiment genie lol.

Reload | PID: #p1871
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 5 July 2012, 5:28 pm | #18 of 24 |

um... errr...well.....

Nah - I got nothin' LMAO

Reload | PID: #p1884
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » bellamamma » Thu, 5 July 2012, 9:08 pm | #19 of 24 |

iebo wrote:I have been changing my website a little bit, and I was struck by the question of whether I should promote programs that do not have any referral bonus.

I totally agree with your 'other side of the argument.' My site has mostly referral links but I do throw non-referral links in as well. I believe that if people sign up for a totally awesome site advertised from my site, than they will be more inclined to come back to my site and sign up under referral links. I had the same exact problem as you a few months back! I was TOTALLY redesigning my site and had a lot of doubts as to which sites to promote. There are a lot of sites that I absolutely love (and would love to share with people) but they have either no referral links at all, or their referral programs are insanely bogus. I wanted so badly to tell the world about these sites even though I did not profit directly from the promotion. I decided to advertise them on my site. A few weeks later my conversions doubled!

Reload | PID: #p1891
bellamamma
AVZoom: New Poster

#338 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 8:08 pm
Name: bellamamma

Unread postby » racechick79 » Fri, 6 July 2012, 2:53 am | #20 of 24 |

I do. I feel like I am mostly putting those things out there that don't have a bonus as more of a benefit for the other people out there; not necessarily as a benefit for the company that I would be "promoting". If they have really worked for me, I don't mind other people trying them out!

Reload | PID: #p1899
racechick79

#110 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Unread postby » clauemi » Sun, 8 July 2012, 9:12 pm | #21 of 24 |

I will still write a review or post my payment proofs from the site even I don't earn anything from referring. In the end we are all going for the same goal, to earn money online. Besides, I think people are more likely to sign up for your other sites if they can see you are earning from one, at least that's what I would do.

Reload | PID: #p1996
clauemi

#117 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Unread postby » micromachne » Tue, 17 July 2012, 2:36 am | #22 of 24 |

I don't promote any sort of site without a referral bonus of sorts.

Reason being is that with each and every referral I post, I give some sort of tutorial or guide to help people get the most out of it. Not just that, I always promote them on my site and my site only.

Reload | PID: #p2298
micromachne

#365 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 2:20 am
Name: micromachne

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 18 July 2012, 8:01 pm | #23 of 24 |

I personally think a mix of sites is best; those with a referral and those without. As others have said, if you are willing to provide information and assistance whether or not you have an affiliation with a site shows you are more concerned about their well-being than yours. In the long run it can be more beneficial, even though you did not receive a referral bonus. Offering something and not expecting anything in return often brings more revenue and traffic than if you were to only promote sites you have an affiliation with.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p2395
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » streakanime » Thu, 19 July 2012, 1:50 am | #24 of 24  Reply

I will refer a site with no referral program if it is a good site. Given, I would rather refer something that has some kind of referral bonus... But, I am not going to leave someone out of finding a great way to earn money just because I cannot benefit from it in anyway way. Kind of silly to do that.
http://webupon.com/money-making/easy-method-for-earning-50-70-weekly/
Please read my article/guide on how to make 50-70 bucks a week easy!

Reload | PID: #p2398
streakanime

#335 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 12:31 am
Name: Streak

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    3,414 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com