TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
13 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,213 topic views 

Stock Photo's

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 11:49 am | #1 of 13 |

Well I must say I'm a little distraught :cry: I uploaded 4 of my finest digital masterpieces to Fotolia, sat back and waited for their server to crash under the pressure of demand for my art, but no! REJECTED!! all of them :x

Anyone had any better luck with stock images, I think I may need some tips lol

In the meantime I'm off to list hubby's stinky trainers on eBay - seriously! Go search trashed shoes... :shock:

Just imagine getting negative feedback for this.."item not as described, there were odor-eaters installed which lessened the smelling pleasures" :lol:

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p719
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Stock Photo's on login.

Re: Stock Photo's

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:29 pm | #2 of 13 |

Is there really a market for stinky shoes? LOL Anyway, tell me more about the stock photo job. What is it and have you made any money from it? What do you take pictures of and how and when do you get paid? I had heard something about this before but want to investigate it further. Thanks
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Eph.2:8,9
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Eph.2:8,9

Reload | PID: #p722
iamprolife2006
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#106 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:38 pm | #3 of 13 |

You can upload pictures of anything and everything, but the market is pretty saturated and the quality is extremely high, so you need to take pics of unusual things if you can, mine were just flowers, textures, backgrounds and stuff - no i haven't made any money because they were rejected LOL. If accepted you get paid a few pence everytime someone downloads your image to use.
try bigstockphoto, fotolia, shutterstock (bit of a rigmarole to get registered with shutterstock though, they need official ID), istockphoto, gettyimages, dreamstime...Just Google stock photo, there's hundreds!

and YES there is a big market for stinky shoes hahahah

Reload | PID: #p724
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 1:22 pm | #4 of 13 |

My husband does some really nice photography and unfortunately we have had the same luck as you with any of the sites that we have tried. I have seriously began to wonder if there is really somebody on the other end that is reviewing them or if it is random. When you look at the photos on the site that are already accepted and then they turn down some of yours that are very obviously of better quality, it doesn't make sense. Not to be pessimistic, but we gave up on the idea of selling them online and have since started just offering to take photos for family and friends. Good luck. Keep us posted if you find any sites that actually accept!

Reload | PID: #p737
racechick79
AVZoom: Regular Author

#110 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 1:35 pm | #5 of 13 |

i've given up on the idea too - but if he has some arty shots you could sell them as designs on cafepress or zazzle, or better still make a gallery style blog and let people download for free, you would make money from affiliate products such as photography courses or equipment:)

Reload | PID: #p738
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Thu, 7 June 2012, 4:53 pm | #6 of 13 |

I would still encourage all of you to submit the photos that you have to all of the available outlets. Think of this way: you've already taken the pictures, so you're just seeing if there is interest. Find the site that has some in your eye and style and then work with them. You already know that this will be very passive income, so take a few hours to go down a list and upload. Whatever happens, happens.

Reload | PID: #p749
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 7:34 pm | #7 of 13 |

genieswish wrote:i've given up on the idea too - but if he has some arty shots you could sell them as designs on cafepress or zazzle, or better still make a gallery style blog and let people download for free, you would make money from affiliate products such as photography courses or equipment:)

I have never tried cafepress or zazzle! Thanks for the heads up! We may have to go and take a look tonight! Good luck to you!

Reload | PID: #p753
racechick79

#110 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:18 am | #8 of 13 |

Yes, Zazzle is a great option to use. However, if you are looking at the pictures and loading them for selling them directly you can find it is nearly impossible. I know a friend of mine who is a professional photographer with his own studio and still gets rejected all the time.

Reload | PID: #p766
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » MeiEden » Fri, 8 June 2012, 8:46 pm | #9 of 13 |

I'm not trying to sell photos, but I do take pictures of various things for my blog. Is there a stock photo site that you guys have used to license them so that others cannot freely steal them from my blog? Does Zazzle work for that? Is it enough just to include a disclaimer that the photos are copyrighted by me?

How about when you are looking for free stock photos to use on your website? Are there sites you recommend for that?

Reload | PID: #p818
MeiEden
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Fri, 8 June 2012, 9:28 pm | #10 of 13 |

you can put the copyright on, but you would have to track down anyone that has used the photo and sue them - would be quite difficult! watermarking them might be easier?

shutterstock and stockvault are quite good for free ones, as is google images LOL - not that I would do that of course!

Reload | PID: #p821
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Mon, 11 June 2012, 9:57 am | #11 of 13 |

I was hoping someone had a stock photo success story. I've read reviews on a few of the stock photo websites, some seemed interesting. But it seems that most peoples photographs get rejected. Even those who are proffesional photographers. If anyone has any lucky please let us know. I've dabbled in a bit of photography, especially travel photographs and would love to make just a few dollars from selling them.

Reload | PID: #p920
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 11 June 2012, 11:18 am | #12 of 13 |

if you have travel photo's your best bet is trivago:)

Reload | PID: #p921
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 12 June 2012, 4:46 pm | #13 of 13  Reply

Don't wait for somebody else's success story, go make your own. Go to the sites and upload your pictures. If they get rejected, so be it, but you can't base on what could happen for you on these sites based on what has happened for someone else. Maybe you take better pictures or went to more interesting locales than they did.

Reload | PID: #p954
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,213 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com