Forum  HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
TOPIC  Mylot
TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
29 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    6,278 topic views 

Mylot

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:19 pm | #1 of 29 |

Anyone using this? I've been messing around on it for about an hour and i've got 2c woohoo

Tips to earn more please? Some of the micro jobs need you to pay $5 to join up for stuff, to earn $0.01??? errrr.......

I decided this morning to give each site a good go before moving on - but i'm getting seriously bored now!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p721
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Mylot on login.

Re: Mylot

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:36 pm | #2 of 29 |

I have been with Mylot for 4 or 5 years and haven't gotten to pay out yet. Not because I haven't tried but because of their rules. They are very stringent and sometimes will delete discussions for the most minor of offenses. I wouldn't recommend it unless you write a lot of discussions and follow their rules to the letter.
About the micro jobs sites - which ones are you going to that make you pay $5 to join? I would like to know so that I can stay away from them. I like mTurk by Amazon. They are by far the best. I belong to a forum called Work Place Like Home that has a section dedicated to mTurk and the long-time workers at mTurk post the good jobs on there and are very helpful. Microworkers is also a good one. I would try those first. HTH
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Eph.2:8,9
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

Reload | PID: #p723
iamprolife2006
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#106 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:42 pm | #3 of 29 |

No, it wasn't for actual microjobs sites, sorry I wasn't very clear. It was in the tasks section on Mylot, some of the tasks were to join membership sites and schemes, anywhere from $2-$5.

Thanks for the advice, I think i'll move on from Mylot!

Reload | PID: #p725
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » iebo » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:44 pm | #4 of 29 |

MyLot is a waste of time in terms of getting paid. However, it can be a good resource for finding other sites to earn from. My account got deleted because I accidentally broke a rule, then I did it again. But I still go occasionally and scour the earn money forums to see if there is anything new there. Otherwise its a waste of time, other than making potential contacts with other online earners.
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Reload | PID: #p726
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:55 pm | #5 of 29 |

thanks iebo, hadn't looked at it that way, will head back for a good snoop... my to-do list for the day is growing by the minute here! I need coffee, lots of coffee hehe

Reload | PID: #p728
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Thu, 7 June 2012, 8:02 pm | #6 of 29 |

I signed up for MyLot at one time, but quickly realized it was never going to earn me enough to reach payout. I think I earned 25 cents and I spent A LOT of time there when I first signed up. There are other ways to earn money communicating with others, and on sites that have a lower payment threshold. I have come across a couple, and actually can pocket some money instead of just seeing how much I earned on my computer screen - with no way of ever getting it because of "rules".
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p755
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 7 June 2012, 8:34 pm | #7 of 29 |

thanks for the advice guys. Dziomek can you share the better sites you use? I've been looking at your blog, you are a very talented writer!

Reload | PID: #p756
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Thu, 7 June 2012, 11:07 pm | #8 of 29 |

genieswish wrote:thanks for the advice guys. Dziomek can you share the better sites you use? I've been looking at your blog, you are a very talented writer!

Thank you very much! :) If you go to my website (first link in signature) you will find more of my work and a page with links to the sites I have found to be useful. I have found the most success with HubPages and Helium as far as earnings go, with RedGage coming in close behind. They all take some work, but if you put in the time and effort you will be on your way to earning an acceptable income before you know it.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p759
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 8 June 2012, 12:41 am | #9 of 29 |

I know some peopel who have made a lot of decen money with MyLot. I myself have been a member there for 2 years and I'm about 5 dollars from cashout. I just dont' find the topics of conversation that interesting and it seems a lot of work for not so much money. However, I know people who swear by it.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p764
MakingCents
AVZoom: Century Club

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:49 am | #10 of 29 |

I was a member of MyLots years ago and found it simply wasn't worth the effort for a few cents. Even PTC programs pay more than MyLot does when you work out how much you get paid per hour. While an interesting concept .. it doesn't really work. Like many other posters here I'd suggest people steer clear of Mylot as a revenue source.

Reload | PID: #p771
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » clauemi » Fri, 8 June 2012, 3:32 am | #11 of 29 |

Honestly I don't even consider Mylot as an earning site. I mean the few cents you get for discussing is nice but I've been a member for years and have never reached it, I just passed $9. I love Mylot for the information and just when I feel like talking about something. It's a good site for newbies to earning online because there are plenty of knowledgeable members. When I first joined we were allowed to post referral links which was also something nice.

Reload | PID: #p781
clauemi

#117 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:23 am | #12 of 29 |

clauemi wrote:Honestly I don't even consider Mylot as an earning site. I mean the few cents you get for discussing is nice but I've been a member for years and have never reached it, I just passed $9. I love Mylot for the information and just when I feel like talking about something. It's a good site for newbies to earning online because there are plenty of knowledgeable members. When I first joined we were allowed to post referral links which was also something nice.

Wow, $9 for a few years. I seriously don't think MyLot should promote itself as a place to earn money. :x There are a few websites where you can make that much in 1-2 days. The key lesson is to shop around and read reviews of others before spending a substantial amount of time at any one website. It's good to learn from others experiences. :)

Reload | PID: #p791
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » iamprolife2006 » Fri, 8 June 2012, 12:00 pm | #13 of 29 |

genieswish wrote:No, it wasn't for actual microjobs sites, sorry I wasn't very clear. It was in the tasks section on Mylot, some of the tasks were to join membership sites and schemes, anywhere from $2-$5.

Thanks for the advice, I think i'll move on from Mylot!

I forgot about the Tasks section. You are right most of them are scams that MyLot lets people post to the tasks. I don't know how well that's monitored. I think they are more concerned with the scams getting into the discussions. BTW, in the 5 years I belonged to Mylot I've only earned $6. I agree with another poster on here about going there occasionally to find discussions about new earnings sites. Other than that it's definitely not worth the effort.
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.

Reload | PID: #p795
iamprolife2006

#106 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Unread postby » aphil » Fri, 8 June 2012, 1:56 pm | #14 of 29 |

I just joined mylot last week and I am feeling pretty wary too. This is a good post, getting me informed. I hate to wate my time. Thanks for all the feedback and sharing. I never heard of Mturk. How much money can you make there and for how much time and effort? I appreciate any info because I do need ready cash and it is often hard to navigate these sites to realize if it is worth it or not; until, of course, you've wasted major time.
Aphil
Sharing a Gift That Grows
http://tinyurl.com/enjoyearning

Reload | PID: #p798
aphil

#189 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:30 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 8 June 2012, 4:26 pm | #15 of 29 |

I was with myLot for a long time period and never reached payout. I know it sounds bad, but the site I think just generates income from users, but makes the payouts unattainable. In fact I have never met anyone who has reached the payout while using this site.

Reload | PID: #p807
Waynefire

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 8 June 2012, 6:00 pm | #16 of 29 |

Amazon MTurk is a pretty good site. You just need to find some tasks that you can do quickly and accurately because you want to keep your percentages high as with time, they will open up other jobs to you. There are some requesters that won't consider you until you've performed 1,000 hits, so it will take some time, but just look through the tasks that are available to you and go from there.

I will tell you this, once you decide to start with MTurk, make sure you work through the first ten days straight, so you can have all of your money released. That is one of the rules for the first initial payout. You need to have had ten days of work on the site. After that, the transfer into your account is fairly quick and you can withdraw a minimum of $10 to a bank account or $1 to an Amazon account.

Reload | PID: #p813
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » KNH » Thu, 14 June 2012, 5:56 am | #17 of 29 |

I am a member of MyLot right now and it really isn't worth the time. I have spent a couple hours in total on it and have 25 cents. I also find the forums to be very boring compared to other sites. I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking to actually make money within a relatively short time frame.

Reload | PID: #p1035
KNH
AVZoom: New Member

#240 Joined:
Thu, 14 June 2012, 5:31 am

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Thu, 14 June 2012, 7:50 am | #18 of 29 |

Can you believe that I only get paid by myLot only twice a year and it's not much just $10 for each payment? MyLot has ridiculously low payment. I guess you can assume that they pay only 1cent per three line post. So if you want to reach payout by the end of the month, you need to write 1000 three-lines posts and if you work at it every day, you need to write about 34 three-line posts a day. And that is only to reach a $10 payout. It's really a waste of time. Don't dream about getting rich at myLot and if you're looking for referrals, don't say that they will earn money at myLot or they will be really disappointed at how low the payment is.

Reload | PID: #p1042
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 14 June 2012, 1:03 pm | #19 of 29 |

Ummi, at least you have reached payout! I have tried and even when I wrote what felt like a book it was not approved for payment. I find the site as a huge waste of time!

Reload | PID: #p1061
Waynefire

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » OliBoli » Thu, 14 June 2012, 1:51 pm | #20 of 29 |

I heart a lot of positive things about Mylot and I just wanted to join it. Now reading your reviews about it, I changes my mind, I understood that it's not worth. So thank you all very much for showing me this, to not waste my money and time with them!
Best CPM networks, paying for international visits, counting every impression:

CPMFUN; PAID-TO-PROMOTE; BINLAYER

Reload | PID: #p1066
OliBoli

#214 Joined:
Sat, 9 June 2012, 9:17 pm

Unread postby » MercyL » Tue, 19 June 2012, 7:34 pm | #21 of 29 |

The people running MyLot make sure they keep most of the Google Adsense money the member writers generate for them. Minimum pay out is really too high when you consider how much they pay for each post.

If you want to write on MyLot, use it to gain typing speed, hone your research skills, and make friends. I do not consider MyLot a "paying" writing gig.

Reload | PID: #p1313
MercyL

#263 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 8:56 pm
Name: MsLewis

Unread postby » hunysukle » Tue, 19 June 2012, 9:16 pm | #22 of 29 |

I tried My Lot a couple years ago, but I quit because I was only earning a couple cents per post. I was annoyed at how My Lot is so controlling with the posts and discussions, as well. The worse part about My Lot is that they delete your earnings if you don't log in every so many months. I think that is wrong. I only promote My Lot on my website to help newbies earn money online, plus I earn 25% of my referrals' earnings. My Lot is only good for their referral program, in my opinion.

Reload | PID: #p1318
hunysukle

#77 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Fri, 22 June 2012, 7:37 pm | #23 of 29 |

I've probably used MyLot for nearly a year and have yet to see any payout. I'm not sure if this is due to my confusion on how to use and navigate the site, or if earning money on MyLot just takes more effort than I put in. Regardless of the reason, I don't usually recommend MyLot for earning because I haven't had any success with it. I have heard of people making cash on MyLot, though, so maybe it's not nearly as impossible as it seems.

Reload | PID: #p1414
Missnc35

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » MOC » Sat, 23 June 2012, 4:00 am | #24 of 29 |

Missnc35 wrote:I've probably used MyLot for nearly a year and have yet to see any payout. I'm not sure if this is due to my confusion on how to use and navigate the site, or if earning money on MyLot just takes more effort than I put in. Regardless of the reason, I don't usually recommend MyLot for earning because I haven't had any success with it. I have heard of people making cash on MyLot, though, so maybe it's not nearly as impossible as it seems.

Thank for your input on this topic, I hope any Mylot users can help you here. A year on Mylot with no payout! Personally I would have moved on from that 11 months ago if that is how it was working out for me.

Reload | PID: #p1420
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » adamarclight » Sun, 24 June 2012, 7:08 am | #25 of 29 |

UmmiNoor wrote:Can you believe that I only get paid by myLot only twice a year and it's not much just $10 for each payment? MyLot has ridiculously low payment. I guess you can assume that they pay only 1cent per three line post. So if you want to reach payout by the end of the month, you need to write 1000 three-lines posts and if you work at it every day, you need to write about 34 three-line posts a day. And that is only to reach a $10 payout. It's really a waste of time. Don't dream about getting rich at myLot and if you're looking for referrals, don't say that they will earn money at myLot or they will be really disappointed at how low the payment is.

I agree with uminoor... it's a waste of time... Have you tried postloop or clixsense? I can earn at least $2 in a day at clixsense from doing the tasks in it and $5 a day from postloop. I quess it's not too bad since i earn $7 daily online. If you want to try it just pm me and i'll give you the instructions and the links since i don't know if it's appropiate to post my referral link here.
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1469
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Dugsmom » Thu, 5 July 2012, 2:15 pm | #26 of 29 |

I personally don't like mylot at all. I tried it years ago but I never got to the payout. It took forever just to earn a few cents and that is after I spent hours on there. I feel that my time is worth way more than a penny here and there. If I were you, I'd look elsewhere to earn money. Your time is worth more than a penny.

Reload | PID: #p1863
Dugsmom

#259 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 5:00 pm
Name: Vanessa

Unread postby » greenmachine » Thu, 2 August 2012, 9:45 pm | #27 of 29 |

I used to do mylot for a brief moment and realized I wasn't getting anywhere but a bunch of e-mails. I pretty much put that one on the back burner. i also do mturk. Like the above poster said Work Place Like Home has a folder and people post the good hits in there. Clickworker is another micro job I hear a lot about.

Reload | PID: #p2858
greenmachine

#104 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 9:48 am

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 3 August 2012, 1:34 am | #28 of 29 |

OliBoli wrote:I heart a lot of positive things about Mylot and I just wanted to join it. Now reading your reviews about it, I changes my mind, I understood that it's not worth. So thank you all very much for showing me this, to not waste my money and time with them!

People who use MyLot and like it claim to get paid there monthly. So if you are truly interested in it maybe you should give it a try. It would only take a few days to figure out for yourself i fyou like it or not.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p2862
MakingCents

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » boyuancy » Sat, 4 August 2012, 8:52 am | #29 of 29  Reply

myLot was the first online earning site that I had joined, about 8 months ago, and I have cashed out once, back kin February I guess. It pays you a cent for everything - starting discussions, responding to discussions, commenting, etc.
The search thing is a little hard to figure out, and it is said that it gives you a few cents once in a while for using the search bar as a "loyalty bonus". The rest - photo sharing and stuff - pays the same, i.e. 1¢.
My advice for you to make money is: start a discussion and start responding to every response that you get. That's the only way you can ever reach your payout. Also, try to keep it relevant to the topic.
You can also try the 'tasks'. I was paid only once, for a signup task that I did.
That's pretty much it. Here's a review that I had written a long time back, revealing my "secrets" ( :lol: ) to making money with myLot. Hope it helps.

How to make more money with myLot
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Reload | PID: #p2901
boyuancy

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    6,278 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online