TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
14 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,694 topic views 

Advice from seasoned "Ebayers" please?

Unread postby » Shell323 » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:09 pm | #1 of 14 |

Ok I have a very weird scenario going on. I just won $5000 American Dollars in Ebay gift cards, it was deposited into my Paypal account like 2 days ago. This may seem crazy, and most people will probably want to give me advice about this being a scam, but truly it is a legitimate company for a survey I completed on Ebay. Believe me, I did A LOT of research. Anyway, my problem is that this money can ONLY be spent on Ebay, and like I'm sure many of you here, I need the money for life, gas, groceries etc. Now I have bought a few gift cards to Walmart that are on their way, and a gas card, but my question for people out there; Is there a way I can turn this money into a source of income? What would be people's suggestions on how to turn this around so I can spend money OFF of Ebay later? Keep in mind I have to use the money on Ebay first, which is why I have been purchasing gift cards, they have real world value. Any suggestions would be great!!!

Share Permalink | PID: #p1138
Shell323
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#161 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 11:20 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Advice from seasoned "Ebayers" please? on login.

Re: Advice from seasoned "Ebayers" please?

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:17 pm | #2 of 14 |

Wow! Congratulations on the $5000 win! I could only wish. :)
You said it was deposited into your PayPal account? What is stopping you from transferring it into your bank account if it was deposited to PayPal? I am a little confused as to how they can put it into your PP account yet control where it is spent.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1140
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Shell323 » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:24 pm | #3 of 14 |

dziomek wrote:Wow! Congratulations on the $5000 win! I could only wish. :)
You said it was deposited into your PayPal account? What is stopping you from transferring it into your bank account if it was deposited to PayPal? I am a little confused as to how they can put it into your PP account yet control where it is spent.

Oops sorry, wasn't specific. When I found out I won, I was hoping for EXACTLY what you are saying, that it would just be added to my balance and I could transfer it. Turns out that Paypal and Ebay share a mansion on the hill together, and it was deposited into another section under "gift cards". So the other day I get the confirmation email, and find 10 $500 Ebay gift certificates waiting to be spent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I have honestly never won more that $2 on a scratch-off before, so when I first found out I was through the roof ecstatic. Now I'm just kind of frustrated because I don't know how to spend this money so that it benefits me. Does that make more sense?

Reload | PID: #p1141
Shell323

#161 Joined:

Unread postby » KNH » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:31 pm | #4 of 14 |

Ah, I have had that problem before too. Never that amount of money (congrats!!) but about 20 dollars. There is no way to redeem it for cash or a check or debit card or anything like that, it has to be spent on eBay. I guess your best bet is buying Walmart gift cards (and other stores) through eBay. Otherwise, I don't know what else you can do. It really stinks you can't get the cash from it, huh?

Reload | PID: #p1144
KNH
AVZoom: New Member

#240 Joined:
Thu, 14 June 2012, 5:31 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:37 pm | #5 of 14 |

Shell323 - yes, that does make more sense. I didn't realize PayPal had a section like that, and I have been using PP for years. I too think just cashing them in for Walmart & gas cards is probably your best bet; unless there is something on eBay you would like to have. I don't know what your hobbies and interests are, but you could also use the cards for that type of thing and then sell what you make? Just a thought. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE

Reload | PID: #p1145
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Shell323 » Sat, 16 June 2012, 12:04 am | #6 of 14 |

dziomek wrote:Shell323 - yes, that does make more sense. I didn't realize PayPal had a section like that, and I have been using PP for years. I too think just cashing them in for Walmart & gas cards is probably your best bet; unless there is something on eBay you would like to have. I don't know what your hobbies and interests are, but you could also use the cards for that type of thing and then sell what you make? Just a thought. :)

I didn't know either (sneaky so and so's ;) ). The one good thing I have already found is Ebay bucks. Which, in case you didn't know, allows you to earn a percentage back from what you purchase. So I am already making a little bit of money off of the gift cards I'm purchasing for a little less than their worth...I guess I just feel like there HAS to be some way to make this kind of money turn a profit for me, other than a few cents here and there. PS thanks everybody for the congratulations!!! It is super cool :)

Reload | PID: #p1146
Shell323

#161 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Sat, 16 June 2012, 12:27 am | #7 of 14 |

Good to hear you found a way to get some real cash back. I am going to check out my PP and eBay accounts so I am a little more familiar with how that end of it works, just in case I come across some good fortune as well. Once again, congratulations! That is a nice little bonus, even though it is all in gift cards. :D

Reload | PID: #p1147
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:53 am | #8 of 14 |

wow congrats! i would probably lurk around in the wholesale section for a while, find something light and cheap that you could put straight back on as individual items. Have a hunt around and see whay the top sellers are doing well with, and enjoy :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p1170
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 22 June 2012, 2:16 pm | #9 of 14 |

I would try getting gift cards or such from the stores. Then you can use this as cash to get the items you need and save your actual cash for the bills. Congrats on the huge win! What site was this so I can sign up!?

Reload | PID: #p1386
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » adamarclight » Sat, 23 June 2012, 6:01 am | #10 of 14 |

Wow... it's the first time i believe in lottery win. How did you get it? Is it a random prize for ebay buyers? Anyway... congrats for winning the $5000! I can't stop drolling and smiling if i get that prize myself.... And what will you do with the money? Save it? Invest it? Or spend it?
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1425
adamarclight
AVZoom: Regular Author

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 23 June 2012, 7:27 am | #11 of 14 |

Well, unless there is an expiration date on the Ebay money, I'd have to make WalMart my new grocery store and whatever gift cards I could buy my new restaurant, clothing store, gas, whatever. I wouldn't even worry about trying to turn into money. I'd just use all of it to the best advantage that I could.

Reload | PID: #p1429
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Sat, 23 June 2012, 10:51 pm | #12 of 14 |

Sugar, do you know what kind of program this is even?

Reload | PID: #p1459
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sun, 24 June 2012, 4:15 am | #13 of 14 |

It sounds like she did a survey and won $5000. That's all that I could gather. I'm just saying that I wouldn't waste my time or jeopardize $5000 trying to game the system. There are too many people that have gift cards on Ebay to not just buy groceries, gas and clothing with it, in my opinion.

Reload | PID: #p1464
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Farrah » Sat, 30 June 2012, 4:12 pm | #14 of 14  Reply

Ebay isn't what it used to be. They have changed the rules so much and raised their fees, that I stopped selling there back in 2006 or so. Back in the day I made a killing there selling, well whatever. There are other places online now to make money, so I just moved with the flow.

Reload | PID: #p1700
Farrah
AVZoom: New Member

#80 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 10:00 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,694 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online