TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
29 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    5,853 topic views 

Cloud Crowd vs Amazon mTurk?

Unread postby » MeiEden » Sat, 16 June 2012, 4:31 pm | #1 of 29 |

Do any of you have experience with both, and which has the better earning potential?

I have been using Amazon mTurk to perform short tasks for a whole now. I can usually bring in a few dollars per day just from doing casual hits (i.e. not really concentrating on making a lot of money).

I have not joined Cloud Crowd, but I hear it is similar in that it also utilizes crowd sourcing to get big tasks done more quickly. For those of you who have tried both, which do you like more and why?

Share Permalink | PID: #p1201
MeiEden
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Cloud Crowd vs Amazon mTurk? on login.

Re: Cloud Crowd vs Amazon mTurk?

Unread postby » iebo » Sat, 16 June 2012, 6:32 pm | #2 of 29 |

I like Mturk because of the variety of jobs available. I also like the choice of direct bank deposits or Amazon cards. Cloud Crowd pays every day and work gets approved real quick, but there's not nearly as much work to do.
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Reload | PID: #p1209
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Sat, 16 June 2012, 9:04 pm | #3 of 29 |

I've never used Cloud Crowd but I am on Mturk nearly every day and I do think that's a pretty good way to make a few dollars every day without putting in a tremendous effort. I also like the large selection of hits so there aren't many days were I go on there and feel like there isn't much available that I can or want to do.

Reload | PID: #p1211
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sun, 17 June 2012, 4:28 am | #4 of 29 |

Amazon is good for the variety of the microtasks. Some of them you can do quickly and keep it moving. The first ten days of you joining, however, you must work straight or you won't get paid. That is a requirement of theirs. You have to put in ten working days before they pay you. It doesn't have to be straight, but if you want the money immediately, that's how you go about it.

On CloudCrowd, their microtasks are pretty much the same on a daily basis, but there is no minimum on getting paid and if it's approved by 5:00 PST, you get paid that business day. The real money comes when you have a high credibility on the microtasks or you do the writing or editing tasks. That's the only risk with them as writing and editing is more subjective than objective.

I'd tell you to do both and do them well as you can earn some fast money in a day with CloudCrowd or however fast you can earn $10.00 with Amazon as that is their minimum for cash payouts.

If you decide to try CloudCrowd, there is a link in my signature, if you want to use it.

Reload | PID: #p1213
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 21 June 2012, 4:00 pm | #5 of 29 |

I have done both and I really like Mturk better because the jobs are more reliable and a wider variety. I do Cloud Crowd every so often, but they are limited in the work and it usually takes longer for them to load so I do not make as much.

Reload | PID: #p1358
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 22 June 2012, 1:55 am | #6 of 29 |

I think it really depends on if you want money or amazon cards and how quickly you want it. It's good to use both sites because you can get a bigger variety and afford to be a bit more selective to the tasks you choose.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p1373
MakingCents

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 22 June 2012, 4:51 am | #7 of 29 |

Well, unless you are outside of the US, you can choose between money and Amazon cards on MTurk, you just need to have a minimum payout of $10 if you want the cash.

Reload | PID: #p1377
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » adamarclight » Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:06 pm | #8 of 29 |

MeiEden wrote:Do any of you have experience with both, and which has the better earning potential?

I have been using Amazon mTurk to perform short tasks for a whole now. I can usually bring in a few dollars per day just from doing casual hits (i.e. not really concentrating on making a lot of money).

I have not joined Cloud Crowd, but I hear it is similar in that it also utilizes crowd sourcing to get big tasks done more quickly. For those of you who have tried both, which do you like more and why?

I prefer Cloud Crowd because it seems to have more potential and might endure for a long time. Since they are some back up form this site, it's hard to think they will scam you and many people have trusted Cloud Crowd. It's already famous enough in my country as many people from my country joined it, you should try it too!
earn money online 24 hours a day

Reload | PID: #p1404
adamarclight

#266 Joined:
Sat, 16 June 2012, 8:35 am
Name: adamarclight

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Fri, 22 June 2012, 7:30 pm | #9 of 29 |

I signed up for CloudCrowd a while back and never saw any jobs that I was interested in or qualified to do. MTurk, on the other hand, has large variety of jobs. Although jobs on MTurk tend to pay less, if you find reliable requesters, the money is decent once you pass all the qualification tests. I've made a least $50 on MTurk without putting too much time and effort into the tasks. I'd say take the surveys that pay over $2 because they really add up and don't require too much thought.

Reload | PID: #p1412
Missnc35
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » DumbMuscle » Tue, 26 June 2012, 12:29 pm | #10 of 29 |

I've signed up for CloudCrowd, it seems like I need credentials for all the jobs, but the only one I seem to be able to get is English Comprehension 1, since even the tests require credentials (that I can't get without the tests...). Any help on that?

EDIT: Ah, never mind, didn't realise that you could get higher ranks of credentials from the basic tests. For those in a similar situation, you want to do the "English Comprehension" test under writing first, which will then unlock most of the others. The response for that one seems to be automated, since I got the credential within a couple minutes.

Reload | PID: #p1559
DumbMuscle
AVZoom: New Member

#316 Joined:
Tue, 26 June 2012, 11:42 am
Name: Mike

Unread postby » classy_ally » Tue, 26 June 2012, 1:59 pm | #11 of 29 |

I have used Amazon mTurk. But I was not impressed with it. I just signed up with Cloud Crowd and I became frustrated. It has very few tasks available. And then you have to figure out where you take the test. Then there are not tests available for the tasks you are interested in. I got really frustrated and logged off.

Reload | PID: #p1563
classy_ally

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 26 June 2012, 2:37 pm | #12 of 29 |

I think you have to remember that very few of these sites are going to allow you to get rich from the first task. If that were the case, they'd go out of business. Most of the more popular online jobs look at first glance to be a pittance's pay and if you only do ten minutes of it, then you'll prove it correct.

MTurk has a lot of tasks under .25, but if you are willing to look for the best among them and do four of them, you've earned a dollar. There used to be a task that only paid .05, but I was able to figure out how to do it efficiently and break down the amount that I wanted to do in shifts and it paid off for me on a daily basis.

You will have to compose a method and plan of attack for every site that you are on, because like most jobs, they will find someone else that will do it for even less than you.

Everything may not work out for you, but there are few jobs in this world where you can get paid doing exactly what you want, how you want, when you want and where you want. You have to do something that you don't really care for.

Reload | PID: #p1566
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 27 June 2012, 4:06 am | #13 of 29 |

I have been spending a little more time on mTurk the past couple of days, and have a lot more options than on Cloud Crowd. The tasks I have been doing are simple and the pay is decent. I have also recently qualified for higher paying tasks, which will be nice when they become available.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1590
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 27 June 2012, 4:46 am | #14 of 29 |

There are a lot more options on Amazon, no doubt. I would never try to tell anyone different as I work there also. What I like about Cloud Crowd is the daily, automatic payout and the opportunity to make even more money than a lot of other sites provide through the writing and editing assignments.

I think everyone should work both sites if possible.

Reload | PID: #p1594
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Mon, 2 July 2012, 3:32 am | #15 of 29 |

I prefer mTurk for reasons that have already been discussed in this thread. There is a lot more variety when it comes to work and there are always lots of jobs available. Plus I don't like Cloud Crowd's review process as sometimes it can be a little unfair. In saying that as someone earning from outside of the US I appreciate that Cloud Crowd pays via PayPal, as I have to settle for Amazon gift vouches with mTurk.

Reload | PID: #p1755
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » Imoverthere » Mon, 2 July 2012, 8:18 pm | #16 of 29 |

Well, I want to try something like either of these and all of these posts have been really helpful. I would like to say thanks to you all for the input on these two sites. Something I've read on certain sites is that you need to watch out for scams on mTurk. I've heard that there are a few that will attempt to scam you or not pay out.

Reload | PID: #p1782
Imoverthere
AVZoom: New Member

#322 Joined:
Thu, 28 June 2012, 4:02 pm
Name: Imoverthere

Unread postby » MakingCents » Tue, 3 July 2012, 1:04 am | #17 of 29 |

MTurk also has the backing of Amazon which is nice. They are a major corporation and I think the chances of them going 'scam' are pretty slim.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p1791
MakingCents

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 3 July 2012, 4:13 am | #18 of 29 |

You will have some requesters that either take forever to pay or will try not to pay you at all. I have a task from 6/2/2012 that I guess I'm going to have to do something about. For the most part though, they weed those tasks out rather quickly.

Reload | PID: #p1796
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » greenmachine » Tue, 24 July 2012, 6:17 pm | #19 of 29 |

Cloud Crowd seems more complicated so i prefer mturk since it's less complicated. I go onto Work Place Like home there's a dedicated thread for mturk where people post the best hits, as well as the dos and don't hits.

Reload | PID: #p2595
greenmachine

#104 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 9:48 am

Unread postby » difrancprod » Wed, 25 July 2012, 7:37 am | #20 of 29 |

I'd prefer Amazon because it's easier to navigate than that of Cloud Crowd. And Cloud Crowd doesn't guarantee a project always so it's best to keep it with Amazon. And I didn't have problems with their payment as well!

Reload | PID: #p2605
difrancprod

#128 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 7:24 am

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 25 July 2012, 3:51 pm | #21 of 29 |

How is Cloud Crowd hard to navigate? They only have 5-6 categories and they are all under four or five tabs. One that clearly states AVAILABLE WORK. I don't get the navigation issues.

Reload | PID: #p2612
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Fri, 3 August 2012, 7:00 am | #22 of 29 |

With Amazon Mechanical Turk, how are you paid and are there different options? Can you get a check, paypal deposit? I know that you can get a gift card and a deposit into your bank account, but are the other methods of getting paid?

Reload | PID: #p2875
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:
Mon, 16 July 2012, 9:25 am
Name: Mitch

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Fri, 3 August 2012, 7:04 am | #23 of 29 |

Never mind my last post, I found the answer to my question while I was browsing the FAQ's for Amazon Mechanical Turk, and as it turns out, no paypal sadly.

Reload | PID: #p2876
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 3 August 2012, 7:14 am | #24 of 29 |

Amazon Payments is just as good, so don't worry about that. They work the same exact way. There is no reason why Amazon would allow PayPal on their site. But, go ahead and sign up for mTurk and get the AP account.

Reload | PID: #p2877
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Fri, 3 August 2012, 7:20 am | #25 of 29 |

Okay, I will definitely sign up, I was just unsure about the payments, but thanks!

Reload | PID: #p2878
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 3 August 2012, 4:38 pm | #26 of 29 |

Yep. Just remember for Amazon you have to work ten days before you can get paid, no matter how much you have over $10 in your account. They will not pay you until the tenth day has been worked, so if you want, you can pace yourself out over the first few days to see how you like it.

Reload | PID: #p2889
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Sat, 4 August 2012, 8:39 pm | #27 of 29 |

Does mturk have an approval process? Because when I signed up and tried to sign in, it said that my account was pending approval.

Reload | PID: #p2912
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 7 August 2012, 4:44 pm | #28 of 29 |

It's been a while since I signed up, so there may be one, but I don't actually recall having to go through that. You have to understand that so many people are out of work and need to do something that some of these sites are becoming overrun with people trying to sign up. That's why the pay is so low for many of them. No matter what, these businesses will be able to find someone to do the job.

Reload | PID: #p2932
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Tue, 7 August 2012, 5:58 pm | #29 of 29  Reply

Okay, thanks, I asked a few other people as well, who have been signed up at Amazon for a while and they said that there was not an approval process when they signed up. You are probably right, there are a lot of people trying to sign up, so they probably did make an approval process so people could make more money.

Reload | PID: #p2940
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    5,853 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com