Forum  HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
TOPIC  Etsy
TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
13 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,469 topic views 

Etsy

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 27 June 2012, 1:14 am | #1 of 13 |

My husband is an artist and we are looking for ways for him to make some money online. Just wondered if anybody has had any luck with the website Etsy; and also any tips or tricks you might have? Thank you!

Share Permalink | PID: #p1580
racechick79
AVZoom: Regular Author

#110 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Etsy on login.

Re: Etsy

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 27 June 2012, 3:23 am | #2 of 13 |

I have been a member for several months but was under the impression I had to be a US resident to sell items on it. I was corrected a few weeks ago but have not yet listed anything. I do know a couple of people who do list their crafts and fiber there and do alright. I think it is like eBay (or any site/sales outlet for that matter); you will need a good photo, a good description and a competitive price. Once you have those three things in place you should do okay. I am planning on listing some items soon, but have been tied up with writing more than crafting lately. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1588
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Wed, 27 June 2012, 5:00 pm | #3 of 13 |

dziomek wrote:I have been a member for several months but was under the impression I had to be a US resident to sell items on it. I was corrected a few weeks ago but have not yet listed anything. I do know a couple of people who do list their crafts and fiber there and do alright. I think it is like eBay (or any site/sales outlet for that matter); you will need a good photo, a good description and a competitive price. Once you have those three things in place you should do okay. I am planning on listing some items soon, but have been tied up with writing more than crafting lately. :)

Thanks for the information! I didn't realize that it also included crafts. I dabble a little with crafts myself, so I might have to look into it a little bit more and see if it is a way that I could make a little extra from my efforts, too!

Reload | PID: #p1613
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Thu, 28 June 2012, 2:37 am | #4 of 13 |

I didn't think you had to live in the US to open a store at Etsy? I thought I saw a few international sellers? I should double check. I live in New Zealand and my mom is interested in opening a store as she is an artist and a crafter and has a few novel ideas. I agree with dziomek it's important to price items carefully and take proffesional looking photos. After all it's a business. Has any one brought anything off Etsy? Were you happy with the item?

Reload | PID: #p1636
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 28 June 2012, 2:38 am | #5 of 13 |

Etsy is a good thing if you do not mind having the fees. However, you may want to check out Ecrater because it is free to use and does not have the fees like the other sites have!

Reload | PID: #p1637
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Thu, 28 June 2012, 2:41 am | #6 of 13 |

Waynefire wrote:Etsy is a good thing if you do not mind having the fees. However, you may want to check out Ecrater because it is free to use and does not have the fees like the other sites have!

Yes, I do remember that regardless of being from the US or not Etsy store owners are expected to pay fees in US dollars, which is fair I guess as Etsy drives customers to you as is probably the most well known website of it's type. I haven't heard of Ecrater, thanks Waynefire I'll check it out and see if it's right for my mom. :D

Reload | PID: #p1638
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » MakingCents » Thu, 28 June 2012, 3:26 am | #7 of 13 |

I've never sold anything on etsy before, but I have bough plenty from there! Let us know how it goes if you decide to sell from there.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p1640
MakingCents
AVZoom: Century Club

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » racechick79 » Fri, 29 June 2012, 1:36 am | #8 of 13 |

Waynefire wrote:Etsy is a good thing if you do not mind having the fees. However, you may want to check out Ecrater because it is free to use and does not have the fees like the other sites have!

Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind and I think will also be checking out Ecrater.

And thanks to everybody else for the responses and dialogue - very helpful to see what everybody else has to offer!

Reload | PID: #p1660
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 30 June 2012, 3:13 pm | #9 of 13 |

Misi, Folksy, Notonthehigstreet & Amazon Marketplace are also worth a look :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p1696
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Sun, 1 July 2012, 3:45 pm | #10 of 13 |

I've been researching Etsy as well, and it seems like an interesting earning opportunity. You truly have to have unique products to make money, and I'm not sure how shipping works for this site, either. I think it is pretty competitive because everything I thought about selling was already being sold by someone else. I hope to find some useful information from this thread as well.

Reload | PID: #p1734
Missnc35
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » racechick79 » Sun, 1 July 2012, 9:15 pm | #11 of 13 |

genieswish wrote:Misi, Folksy, Notonthehigstreet & Amazon Marketplace are also worth a look :)

Thanks for the ideas! We will have to check into these as well. I really appreciate all of the help in this area! Have you tried these out yourself?

Reload | PID: #p1749
racechick79

#110 Joined:

Unread postby » classy_ally » Tue, 3 July 2012, 5:13 pm | #12 of 13 |

I think eCrater and Etsy get a lot of website traffic. I have setup up a store with eCrater, but I have seen only one order after 3 months online.

Reload | PID: #p1812
classy_ally

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Unread postby » Dugsmom » Thu, 5 July 2012, 2:27 pm | #13 of 13  Reply

You can give it a try. I hear the market on Etsy is saturated so it's hard to stand out. It could work for you if the items you are selling are different from what is offered on Etsy. You'll also have to advertise elsewhere to get the word out. Posting it on Esty may not get you much traffic since there are so many people selling on there so let your family and friends know about your Etsy business. Advertise online, pass out business cards, and create blog to promote your shop.

Reload | PID: #p1865
Dugsmom
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#259 Joined:
Fri, 15 June 2012, 5:00 pm
Name: Vanessa

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,469 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online