TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
6 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    663 topic views 

flipping sites advice?

Unread postby » iebo » Fri, 29 June 2012, 7:23 pm | #1 of 6 |

sorry if there's another thread on this but a search didn't return any results...

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with flipping a website. One that they started up and then sold for a nice chunk of change. If you haven't, you still might be able to answer these questions:
What type of sites are best for flipping. I was thinking forum sites because they are easy to start, and if you get a large membership that contributes regularly, that might be attractive to a potential buyer. I know also GPT sites are often flipped but I dont' have the coding skills to create one of those
How much traffic do you think a site should have before you try to sell it? What kind of PR ranking or Alexa ranking should be trying to achieve?
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Share Permalink | PID: #p1684
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic flipping sites advice? on login.

Re: flipping sites advice?

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 30 June 2012, 4:10 am | #2 of 6 |

I've been thinking about starting up a forum myself, but not so much to flip it as I think I would like to keep it and watch it grow. I hope someone will come through and answer this for you because I am also quite interested in the possibilities.

Reload | PID: #p1688
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 30 June 2012, 10:27 am | #3 of 6 |

Head over to flippa and see which ones are selling the best, it should give you a better idea. There's a good support network in place for beginners on www.sedo.com

If I was going to do this, I'd do some keyword research and then head over to around page 10 or so on Google and find a site that has been neglected and isn't ranking well and make an offer to the owner - do a little SEO & content work on it and get it ranking then flip it.
Thousands of people are trying to make money from a blog at the moment, but most will give up within a month or so if they havent made any money, so you want to go after those half completed projects :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p1692
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 30 June 2012, 3:06 pm | #4 of 6 |

Thanks, genieswish. I knew that you'd come through with a direction to head in.

Reload | PID: #p1695
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 30 June 2012, 3:21 pm | #5 of 6 |

i dont have any experience of it...yet:) but i did do a little research when i was trying to decide on my own path and it's something i'd love to try when i get my sites a little more established so i can devote some time to it, there's a post on my blog somewhere that covers the basics.

what topic are you thinking of for your forum sugarhill? forums are something i know absolutely nothing about, wouldn't have a clue where to start with one!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p1697
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 30 June 2012, 3:38 pm | #6 of 6  Reply

I've thought about a few different ideas that wouldn't stomp on the toes of others, but there is a limited range of topics that one could attempt to make a successful forum with. Obviously, I would have to use ads, but I've thought about message boards and forums ever since the rise of American Idol.

What a person would do is figure out who was going to be one of the more successful Idols, make the board as quickly as possible and then it would take off and sometimes become the official board or considered one of them due to the amount of people that had joined. Clearly the owners had already seen the future and were just looking for vehicle to get them there.

Reload | PID: #p1699
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    663 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com