TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
7 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    980 topic views 

Squidoo Traffic

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 2 July 2012, 7:19 pm | #1 of 7 |

I'm wondering how many of you guys use squidoo, and how better yet to even get traffic to your lenses on the site? Its hard for me to focus on the site because of the fact I don't get a lot of traffic to my lenses except for one that helps people who are taking the newest treatment of Hep C.

I always share my links on facebook, though my friends ignore my posts so I don't know why I bother anymore. Then I also use a squidoo ping service I've found online. Beyond that though its hard for me to get traffic, let alone sell items from them except of course through my Hep C lens. That one seems to be a success without much work from me and I can't figure out what exactly made it a success really.

So any tips or tricks you guys would like to share?

Share Permalink | PID: #p1779
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Squidoo Traffic on login.

Re: Squidoo Traffic

Unread postby » Waynefire » Mon, 2 July 2012, 10:01 pm | #2 of 7 |

Keyword research is the first thing. Once you do this you can start to target the specific words or phrases. You also need to make sure you are providing useful information because of the latest update from Google. Something else you may want to try doing is to build a link or two back from other sources.

Reload | PID: #p1783
Waynefire

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 2 July 2012, 11:15 pm | #3 of 7 |

I do all of those things, but I don't the link thing as often its such a pain. However my lenses are keyword rich, and I do get quite a bit of traffic on certain lenses because of it. Like I have one on Batman Arkham City Lockdown, I go through the keywords people find me through and they are often phrased as questions so I even have a question and answer section on my lens. That way I also get views from people also looking for those answers, though I don't have anything for sale on that lens if I remember right so that one purely relies on traffic to make any money.

Reload | PID: #p1788
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Wed, 4 July 2012, 12:35 am | #4 of 7 |

I've never gotten a remendous amount of traffic on Squidoo but admittedly I haven't been able to really spend too much time on the site as of late. When I was on there it seemed like when I was putting in the effort to go visit on comment on other people's lenses that's when I seemed to get more visitors (from Google plus othr Squidoo users) and a higher lensrank for my lenses.

Your most popular lens really sounds like you were just able to come up with a really good niche that other people haven't written about yet. It may not have been that you did anything special with it, it's probably just that nobody else is talking about the topic (of course it's hard to think of things nobody is writing about when you're trying to write something).

Reload | PID: #p1819
Silverstar2154
AVZoom: Regular Author

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » gothtini » Wed, 4 July 2012, 2:50 am | #5 of 7 |

I haven't really gone around onto other lenses, I really should but I find it annoying and don't want people to feel guilted into coming and checking out my lenses cause I looked at theirs.

Yeah it was really luck. The treatment had just started a few months before and requires you eat 20 grams of fat before meds, so I ended up making a list of foods that they could eat. Its ended up linked in several forums and even in a few PDFs from other sites actually. However I have no clue how to run into that luck again haha, it would be nice though.

Reload | PID: #p1826
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Thu, 5 July 2012, 5:30 pm | #6 of 7 |

I'm happy to see that people are still using Squidoo. I came across a few days ago, but when I Googled reviews, I couldn't find anything recent. I'm thinking of starting a Squidoofor myself, but I'm wondering if it is even worth it anymore. I saw that people had to create a ton of lenses to earn a decent amount and I'm in need of money sooner than that.

Reload | PID: #p1885
Missnc35
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » gothtini » Sun, 8 July 2012, 7:56 am | #7 of 7  Reply

I need to write a review on Squidoo, been paid a few times but I keep forgetting to do my review of it.

Far as how much money it makes, it really depends on what you write about etc. I would say its worth it to get some extra cash on the side while you do other things. If you can find a niche that isn't over saturated, then you can make quite a bit of money selling items through the amazon widget they have for lenses.

Reload | PID: #p1977
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    980 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com