TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
13 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,064 topic views 

Do you need a website to sign up for affiliate programs?

Unread postby » cheesecake » Sun, 8 July 2012, 10:30 pm | #1 of 13 |

I couldn't find my answer to this through a google search. I apologize if this has been answered before. On most affiliate sites like Amazon, they require you to type your web domain in. Can you use a blogger website or do you have to own your own domain? I thought I would ask here first before I get banned or something.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

Share Permalink | PID: #p2001
cheesecake
AVZoom: New Member

#344 Joined:
Sun, 8 July 2012, 10:23 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Do you need a website to sign up for affiliate programs? on login.

Re: Do you need a website to sign up for affiliate programs?

Unread postby » Youlovejordan » Sun, 8 July 2012, 10:32 pm | #2 of 13 |

You don't necessarily need a website but it helps a lot. If you're worried about out of pocket costs then you can opt for a free website at blogger.com I still use it to this day.

Reload | PID: #p2002
Youlovejordan
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#323 Joined:
Fri, 29 June 2012, 7:22 pm
Name: Youlovejordan

Unread postby » AnnaT » Mon, 9 July 2012, 8:36 pm | #3 of 13 |

Yes, it definitely helps to have a website but there are some programs you can get by without having one. Most of the ones I'm a member of (Escalate Media, Panthera, etc. ) I do think you need a website.

Reload | PID: #p2047
AnnaT

#343 Joined:
Sun, 8 July 2012, 3:01 pm

Unread postby » iebo » Mon, 9 July 2012, 11:18 pm | #4 of 13 |

They won't ban you because they just won't approve you in the first place. If you have your own domain and site, it makes you look a little more professional, a little more serious. The last thing these companies want are a bunch of tire kickers who never actually make them any money.
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Reload | PID: #p2053
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Unread postby » needynerds » Tue, 10 July 2012, 2:42 am | #5 of 13 |

Stop trying to jump into affiliate marketing without first learning how to build/maintain a website. Go to lynda.com and learn html, css, and php. Learn more to make more money. The $40 a month it costs to get a membership is worth it, stop defeating yourself.

Most affiliate programs require a site already built, traffic that's already established, and experience with affiliate marketing already.

Reload | PID: #p2055
needynerds

#347 Joined:
Mon, 9 July 2012, 8:04 pm
Name: NeedyNerds

Unread postby » JaimeLannister » Thu, 12 July 2012, 2:06 pm | #6 of 13 |

needynerds wrote:Stop trying to jump into affiliate marketing without first learning how to build/maintain a website. Go to lynda.com and learn html, css, and php. Learn more to make more money. The $40 a month it costs to get a membership is worth it, stop defeating yourself.

Most affiliate programs require a site already built, traffic that's already established, and experience with affiliate marketing already.

Really great point.

Think about the times that you have bought into a product, signed up to an email list or given up your details online. Chances are you took a good look at the site you were on and asked yourself whether it looked professional, or whether it was created in 5 minutes by a cowboy. Take this view with your own offering. If you are going to offer an affiliate product then make sure your website looks and runs to a high level.

WordPress can do much of this work for you, but taking the time to learn more about solid content creation and the essentials of HTML, CSS etc. will make the difference between success and failure.

Reload | PID: #p2157
JaimeLannister

#354 Joined:
Thu, 12 July 2012, 10:33 am
Name: JaimeLannister

Unread postby » boyuancy » Thu, 12 July 2012, 2:58 pm | #7 of 13 |

I have signed up for one affiliate program till date, and I had a website back in the day when I did. Yes, most affiliate programs require you to have a website/blog/company name while signing up.
I think you can use a blogger domain. Or try signing up for one of those websites where you get a free subdomain (e.g. HubPages, myLot, Knoji, etc) and put use it as your domain name.
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Reload | PID: #p2162
boyuancy

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 20 July 2012, 1:00 am | #8 of 13 |

It does help to have a personal website. However, when I signed up for Amazon and those programs I did not have a site of my own. I actually had a website built up with Weebly and used it to get the approval I needed.

Reload | PID: #p2434
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Fri, 20 July 2012, 8:18 pm | #9 of 13 |

I have been wondering the same thing since I tried to sign up for Amazon Associates the other day and it required a website. Although I am thinking of building my own website, I do not currently own one so I am unable to sign up for any affiliate sites. I was planning on just marketing products through Facebook and Twitter until I set up the website. Maybe they will accept those links if you have them. I will try to sign up again with Amazon and see if they will allow those links to be "your website."

Reload | PID: #p2456
Missnc35

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » micromachne » Sat, 21 July 2012, 3:31 am | #10 of 13 |

While you don't need a website to sign up to be an affiliate with most places, it certainly does help. And if you don't have a site, you better have a REALLY solid plan on how you want to go about promoting. And they'll want you to explain that very plan in great detail if they're to accept you.

Reload | PID: #p2469
micromachne

#365 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 2:20 am
Name: micromachne

Unread postby » mdguitarlord12 » Sat, 21 July 2012, 4:45 am | #11 of 13 |

No, you don't necessarily need a website for affiliate marketing. With Amazon, I think that you may be able to use Blogger, and if not, you shouldn't be banned. The most they will do is tell you that you can't use that website.

Websites however, can help with your credibility as an affiliate marketer. But, you can still use other means to market your products. Such as: youtube videos through clickbank; blogger (if you cannot use it with Amazon); and squidoo lenses.

So again, you do not need a website to be successful at affiliate marketing. And if Amazon doesn't accept Blogger, you can use ClickBank to find products to promote without a website. Check out clickbank.com for more information.

Reload | PID: #p2477
mdguitarlord12

#362 Joined:
Mon, 16 July 2012, 9:25 am
Name: Mitch

Unread postby » Lena51 » Mon, 30 July 2012, 10:54 pm | #12 of 13 |

I've always wanted to know about affiliate marketing and would like to get into doing that but I don't understand the concept of affiliate marketing. I would like for someone to explain it to me and tell me how to go about doing it and I can understand how it goes. I don't know what I am suppose to do I guess you can say, not a computer geek ok, but still learning.

Reload | PID: #p2766
Lena51

#379 Joined:
Sun, 22 July 2012, 5:50 am
Name: Lena51

Unread postby » streakanime » Wed, 1 August 2012, 4:57 am | #13 of 13  Reply

So those of you that do a lot of affiliate program/marketing, how much would you say you make from it monthly? I am not really interested in pursing it. I am just curious, honestly.
http://webupon.com/money-making/easy-method-for-earning-50-70-weekly/
Please read my article/guide on how to make 50-70 bucks a week easy!

Reload | PID: #p2797
streakanime
AVZoom: Mega Author

#335 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 12:31 am
Name: Streak

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,064 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com