TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
14 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,419 topic views 

Squidoo and Hubpages - Worth it?

Unread postby » streakanime » Sat, 14 July 2012, 9:18 am | #1 of 14 |

I've been hearing about Squidoo and Hubpages on various communities and freelancing groups lately. Does anyone have any experience, feedback or tips regarding these two places? I have heard there is money to be made there, having to work for it of course. I would be very interested in learning more about it and hearing some people's stories. Please be honest! 8-)
http://webupon.com/money-making/easy-method-for-earning-50-70-weekly/
Please read my article/guide on how to make 50-70 bucks a week easy!

Share Permalink | PID: #p2223
streakanime
AVZoom: Mega Author

#335 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 12:31 am
Name: Streak

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Squidoo and Hubpages - Worth it? on login.

Re: Squidoo and Hubpages - Worth it?

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 14 July 2012, 10:37 am | #2 of 14 |

I tried squidoo, but just don't have the time to devote to promoting the lenses along with my sites so I didn't do very well. The traffic doesn't come automatically and really has to be worked at, but a lot of people do well with it. I think a couple of the members here do well with hubpages and will be able to give you a bit more constructive advice :)

I'm just having a look through wizzley which looks interesting too, it's revenue share - but you can pop your affiliate links in aswell, and there's also a paid referral system

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2225
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » gothtini » Sat, 14 July 2012, 5:40 pm | #3 of 14 |

I've only tried Squidoo so far, haven't really gotten around to trying Hubpages but I've been meaning to. Far as squidoo goes, I truthfully think it is worth it as long as its not your only way of making money. With squidoo its going to take a bit to get any money coming in, and even then it probably won't be much unless you have a lot of popular lenses. However if you can find a topic that isn't oversaturated, it will be a lot easier and quicker for you to make money on the site especially if you sell items. I have a Hep C lens dealing with the newest treatment, I've posted it on a few facebook groups and a couple forums, because of how helpful it is and it not being a saturated section its a pretty big hit. I have books listed in the amazon section deal with Hep C, I've sold quite a few books so far but its no where near enough to support me its just a small amount of cash. Even so the lenses I did didn't really take up too much time, so the few bucks I've been getting every month for the last few months is really nice.

Reload | PID: #p2229
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Unread postby » remonray » Sun, 15 July 2012, 4:36 am | #4 of 14 |

If you are using squidoo.Then you can get views from this two software empireviews & roboviews.This is automated viewing softwares.You can download this software and leave it open which will generate you view points automatically.The points can be used to make clicks for you squidoo.I have seen many people sucess with this but I couldn't try it on me due inability of my OS.
You can google for those viewers.

Reload | PID: #p2235
remonray
AVZoom: Regular Author

#297 Joined:
Sun, 17 June 2012, 7:54 pm
Name: remonray

Unread postby » dziomek » Sun, 15 July 2012, 6:03 am | #5 of 14 |

I have been a member of HubPages for over two years now, and had I put in the effort in the beginning I know my earnings would have been considerably higher by this point. I am currently enrolled in their Apprenticeship Program which pays me for each article I submit during the course of the program, plus I earn advertising revenue on the articles as well. It does take work, but if you can write quality articles and utilize the capsules there is money to be made. Including the earnings from my apprenticeship articles in June, I earned over $50 for the month. I anticipate July to be higher.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p2236
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sun, 15 July 2012, 6:59 am | #6 of 14 |

dz, have you noticed an increase in your earnings as you have picked it up on your end? I recall you saying before that you were pretty casual about the articles before and you finally got the minimum of 50 that you were looking for.

Reload | PID: #p2242
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » JaimeLannister » Mon, 16 July 2012, 2:04 pm | #7 of 14 |

Worth a mention regarding Squidoo and duplicate content here. Whereas most websites won't rank if the content is clearly duplicated, Squidoo will simply close your lens down if their checks find that your content isn't unique to the site. Any unpaid earnings will go to charity too!

I totally understand their POV on this, they want to be a site where users can guarantee they are reading something brand new that isn't a rehash from somewhere else.

Definitely money to be made on fresh content though! :)

Reload | PID: #p2277
JaimeLannister
AVZoom: Regular Author

#354 Joined:
Thu, 12 July 2012, 10:33 am
Name: JaimeLannister

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 16 July 2012, 9:10 pm | #8 of 14 |

Sugarhill wrote:dz, have you noticed an increase in your earnings as you have picked it up on your end? I recall you saying before that you were pretty casual about the articles before and you finally got the minimum of 50 that you were looking for.

Yes, I have noticed an increase in my earnings but I must point out the majority of my earnings at this point is from the apprenticeship program. In terms of the HubPages Ad Program, it is slowly increasing but hasn't hit a number I can live off yet. I know with time and submitting the extra articles I am required to do with the AP it will continue to increase over time. I will continue to write and submit to HubPages even after the program is finished and it will pay off down the road. The nice thing is I have also earned a few dollars from monetizing my Hubs with eBay and Amazon capsules as well.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE

Reload | PID: #p2294
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 17 July 2012, 4:07 am | #9 of 14 |

So, do you apply for the AP or do they recruit you? Is that pretty much what your entire day is going to right now? Is it sort of like online classes?

Reload | PID: #p2303
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Tue, 17 July 2012, 5:49 am | #10 of 14 |

Sugarhill wrote:So, do you apply for the AP or do they recruit you? Is that pretty much what your entire day is going to right now? Is it sort of like online classes?

I applied for the apprenticeship in May and was accepted to start in June. I can work at my own pace, as long as I submit at least 8 articles per month. There are videos and tutorials on choosing titles, SEO and utilizing the various capsules. I submitted my 8 last month, but am hoping to fit in at least 12 this month. The maximum is 24 per month. It is a good program, but I do have to say they only accept 30 Hubbers per month. If you apply and don't get accepted, try again for the next month. The first month titles were chosen for me based on my interests (this is part of the application - finding out your strong areas); this month I have to choose my own titles. So far my titles have been well received, and views and followers are increasing.

Reload | PID: #p2310
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 17 July 2012, 6:09 am | #11 of 14 |

Well, it sounds like the site is really investing in their writers and want it to be a serious destination for both viewers and writers. It's still on my list of things to look into, I just have to get to a point where I can give the appropriate amount of time to it. Thanks for the updates and the responses.

Reload | PID: #p2312
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » boyuancy » Tue, 17 July 2012, 9:10 pm | #12 of 14 |

Squidoo was in fact, the first revenue sharing site that I ever joined. I wrote a few articles, but it took so much time even getting indexed, that I almost lost an interest in it. Today, something popped in my head and made me realize the actual trick to making money on Squidoo. They say "The best lenses are the ones based on specific topics". I saw this once, that the top earning lens, for a long time, was the one based on some custom Laptop pouches.
What this means is simple: Go to Amazon, and find a product that you think people would be interested in. That's the toughest part of the job. Now, do a little research and write a review of it. Promote your article, and money would be pouring in, in no time! At least, that's how I see it.
HubPages is a little different. The earning opportunity that the provide that lets you put up ads by their partners, as well as use AdSense, is said to be the best. I read this article once that people are making at least $500 per month there. But that goes to say that the person was putting up quite a lot of articles, which was almost impossible for me to do.
So, maybe yes, maybe no. Squidoo and HubPages maybe worth it if you are social and have the ability to promote your articles (I know it goes against what I talked about till now). I'm not very social, and promoting my articles isn't my cup of tea. So, I'm sticking to Knoji for the moment, for it pays upfront.
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Reload | PID: #p2342
boyuancy
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Unread postby » streakanime » Thu, 19 July 2012, 3:21 am | #13 of 14 |

I think I am going to steer clear of trying either of these websites for right now. They seem like a great investment for money in the future... But, presently... I am not really looking for investment jobs. I want to find jobs that are going to payout sometime within the month of signing up. Thanks for all the input though!
http://webupon.com/money-making/easy-method-for-earning-50-70-weekly/
Please read my article/guide on how to make 50-70 bucks a week easy!

Reload | PID: #p2402
streakanime

#335 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 12:31 am
Name: Streak

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 20 July 2012, 12:52 am | #14 of 14  Reply

I have done both of these in the past. I average about 10-15 bucks a month from each site. Squidoo pays out sooner if you hit a set amount. However, both of these sites are a great thing to use if you want to learn how to write and get some great information. What you may want to do is join HP and sign up for the apprentice program they offer.

Reload | PID: #p2432
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,419 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com