TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
7 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,278 topic views 

For those who tried PickyDomains.com

Unread postby » boyuancy » Thu, 2 August 2012, 3:36 pm | #1 of 7 |

When I discussed PickyDomains.com a while ago, it seemed to generate quite a bit of interest among MOCians. I have been looking around for more (interesting) earning ways, and I recently stumbled upon these two sites:

1. Bountyit - http://www.bountyit.com and
2. SquadHelp - squadhelp.com

Both are crowdsourcing sites and have company/domain naming as a popular category. What aces these ones is, the payout is a lot better (up to $50) per name.
And for those of you who are wondering about where did I get with PickyDomains, I reached a level 4 but none of my suggested names were chosen. It seems a little too much. I have quit the site. :(
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Share Permalink | PID: #p2846
boyuancy
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic For those who tried PickyDomains.com on login.

Re: For those who tried PickyDomains.com

Unread postby » aphil » Thu, 2 August 2012, 6:12 pm | #2 of 7 |

Thanks for sharing boyuancy. I am trying out PickyDomains and it is fun. How long did you work at it before you quit? What is the difference with these new sites and what will make you stick it out? I'm sure your main answer is pay, but all pay must be generated and what is it that makes you stay for the reward?
Aphil
Sharing a Gift That Grows
http://tinyurl.com/enjoyearning

Reload | PID: #p2849
aphil

#189 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 2:30 pm

Unread postby » boyuancy » Thu, 2 August 2012, 8:47 pm | #3 of 7 |

Honestly, I don't know. As I said, my level is 4, and I have suggested a lot of domain names out of which, none were chosen. So, I find myself going back, hitting the 'edit' button on the profile, and giving bogus information - on and off.
I don't know what puts me off about the site. The pay is good enough, but they do not have a strong enough system. A person puts up an order, receive a shipload of suggestions, and then just goes away without paying anyone.
Out of a dozen or so orders that I participated in, more than three quarters of the orders say "Paused (Stopped)" or "Refunded". How is it fair on our part?
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Reload | PID: #p2853
boyuancy

#114 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 2 August 2012, 8:55 pm | #4 of 7 |

could they be going away and registering the domains anyway, have you checked that any you suggested are still available?

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2854
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 3 August 2012, 4:22 am | #5 of 7 |

With that I'd have to agree, boyuancy. It's fun in that I have to think in a different manner, but for people claiming to want start their business, they are really slow on choosing the names. However, someone is selling something according to the completions. I had one that chose the dumbest name ever. I can't believe that is what she decided to pay for as she could've thought of that on her own.

Reload | PID: #p2872
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » boyuancy » Fri, 3 August 2012, 7:53 am | #6 of 7 |

genieswish wrote:could they be going away and registering the domains anyway, have you checked that any you suggested are still available?

I did. I tried checking if my "liked" suggestions were registered, but fortunately, they weren't. So, I can't give it a "scam" tag yet, I guess... :?

Sugarhill wrote:With that I'd have to agree, boyuancy. It's fun in that I have to think in a different manner, but for people claiming to want start their business, they are really slow on choosing the names. However, someone is selling something according to the completions. I had one that chose the dumbest name ever. I can't believe that is what she decided to pay for as she could've thought of that on her own.

So you got one of your suggestions chosen? That might just be the boost that I was looking for. Let me give this a try for a little longer maybe, and see what happens. Thanks for the input Sugarhill. :)

Reload | PID: #p2880
boyuancy

#114 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 3 August 2012, 3:55 pm | #7 of 7  Reply

Oh no. I'm sorry. One of the people I was bidding for chose one of the stupidest names ever. Mine weren't chosen. Sorry for the confusion. She did choose a name, however. What I plan on trying to do with them is to sit down, work a few accounts, come up with names and then just let them marinate.

Since there is no deadline on when they have to choose, I really don't have a choice. If they get picked great, if not, what are you going to do? If nothing else, it will get my ranking up higher and maybe the pay from a chosen one increased.

I will also look into the other sites that you posted. They all sound like more of a passive income than a daily situation at this point.

Also, PickyDomains claims that they check and make sure that their writers are protected by getting their suggestions stolen, but you can always check on your own, too.

Reload | PID: #p2888
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,278 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online