TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
8 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,191 topic views 

When to apply for adsense?

Unread postby » gothtini » Fri, 3 August 2012, 9:25 pm | #1 of 8 |

I've started yet another blog, my plan with this one though is to test out adsense on it. So I have to apply for adsense of course, which I have never done before on my random blogs. I'm not sure when I should apply for it, if it should be after a certain amount of posts or visitors. Is the way visitors received a factor in it? I don't want to apply and be denied and ruin chances of getting it later.

Right now my current stats are 26 views all together, its just today, and I only have one post. Most of my views were gotten through facebook, since I'm not sure how else to advertise a blog/diary of a fictional character lol. Any help with this you guys can offer would be great!

Share Permalink | PID: #p2897
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic When to apply for adsense? on login.

Re: When to apply for adsense?

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 4 August 2012, 11:13 am | #2 of 8 |

don't worry about the visitors, but you will need at least 5 quality articles on there so it's not seen as a made for adsense site by google - but there's not much point putting it on until you have visitors lol. If you are worried about the content, just apply for it with a different blog, once you are accepted you dont have to add every site that you are placing ads on.

As for the fictional character blog, thats a fab idea - fifty shades of grey started out that way :) advertise it on creative writing forums, fb pages and join loads of groups, create a youtube channel, issue a press release. 26 views in one day for a brand new blog is pretty good! Add some images and try to cause a stir on pinterest, join a couple of community boards - I'm having quite a bit of success with an experimantal board on pinterest. Follow some authors on twitter, then follow their followers...if you could get a mention or retweet from a respected author you'll be quids in! Follow Oprah's followers, they love that kind of stuff :)
I think there's some creative writing courses on clickbank that you could look into promoting also..
I need some coffee then i'll come up with some more ideas for you LOL

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2902
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » gothtini » Sat, 4 August 2012, 9:45 pm | #3 of 8 |

Ah kay, I'll wait to add it for a week or so, that way I can make sure I have enough posts for the adsense.

Oh wow that's a ton of ideas for advertising! I don't know how well I would do for those but I'll check into it. I think I might wait until I get fully into the hang of writing the blogs from Ty's point of view, I role play as her all the time but its still odd writing as her diary basically lol. I'm going to work on my corel draw so maybe I can get some pictures for the blog, I did one for the facebook cover page but I want to do prettier pictures then that and I'm a sucky artist lol. Ooh that twitter idea is good, I don't know if I'd ever get retweeted but I'll definitly start on it! I might start a twitter account just for the blog so I can make sure to get targeted followers in a way.

Reload | PID: #p2913
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 5 August 2012, 9:53 am | #4 of 8 |

hook your blog up to networked blogs and each post will automatically get tweeted and posted to your fb page :)

i'm having a lot of success with reddit too atm, not sure how it would work with fiction - but def one to look into. I posted a link on there late last nite and woke up to 112 visitors from there so i'm delighted!

You're creating a buzz right here, so replicate that around a few writing forums and you will be grand, I cant wait to see it now LOL

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2917
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » gothtini » Sun, 5 August 2012, 8:33 pm | #5 of 8 |

Thanks for the Reddit tip! I found a 'fantasywriter' section so I put it in there since it basically fits. I'm up to 93 views in 3 days, I had 60 this morning. So between Reddit and putting a link on facebook for my new entry, I've gotten 33 views hehe.

Reload | PID: #p2918
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Unread postby » gothtini » Tue, 7 August 2012, 8:05 pm | #6 of 8 |

I just applied to adsense, I'll let you know how things go! I was impatient and decided to just do it after 5 posts instead of 7 like I was originally planning on doing.

Reload | PID: #p2947
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Unread postby » Laura » Tue, 7 August 2012, 8:19 pm | #7 of 8 |

I have a new blog too and tried to put adsense on it the first day but it was refused because there wasn't enough content. Now I have 20 articles on my blog, 300 to 500 page viws a day and 1 cent earn yesterday :D . So there's no rush to have adsense, Well unless you're lucky and someone click on an Ad
MY BLOG (Feel free to tell me what you think about it)

Reload | PID: #p2948
Laura
AVZoom: Regular Author

#370 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 10:20 pm
Name: Laura

Unread postby » gothtini » Tue, 7 August 2012, 8:54 pm | #8 of 8  Reply

Well I've had the blog for 5 days and have done 5 entries, so I figured it would be a good time since they are all relatively long at least to me. How have you managed to get so many page views?

Reload | PID: #p2952
gothtini

#332 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,191 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com