TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
16 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    4,081 topic views 

Selling Amazon Gift Cards On Ebay. Does It Works?

Unread postby » s_sayan » Fri, 25 May 2012, 6:42 am | #1 of 16 |

So, I see people selling Amazon gift cards on Ebay. Seems like they sell them because Amazon doesn't accept Paypal, so people just go to Ebay and buy those Amazon gift cards for a higher price. For example, a $100 Amazon gift card for $115 via Paypal.

Seems like people are buying these cards because they don't have a credit card which is required to buy from Amazon.

So, my question is. Does this business work? Can I make money buying and selling gift cards through Ebay? Do you have any experience with that business? And if so, do we have to wait a lot of time to sell those gift cards or we can sell at least one a day?

Let Us Know What You Think. :)
Want To Download Movies or Maybe Watch Them Online? Then Check Out My Site
One Link Movies / Un Link Peliculas

http://www.unlinkpeliculas.com

Share Permalink | PID: #p195
s_sayan
AVZoom: Mega Author

#91 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Selling Amazon Gift Cards On Ebay. Does It Works? on login.

Re: Selling Amazon Gift Cards On Ebay. Does It Works?

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Fri, 25 May 2012, 10:06 am | #2 of 16 |

i dont know anything specifically about selling amazon gift cards but ebay would be the easiest place to sell just about anything

Reload | PID: #p199
freeautolinkbot

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » s_sayan » Sat, 26 May 2012, 12:48 am | #3 of 16 |

I see. So, does anyone have any experience with this business? I know Ebay is a good place to sell things, etc. But do you think this idea has the potential to make some money? And if so, do you think the gift cards would be sold quickly?

By the way, I am willing to invest if I have to.

Reload | PID: #p225
s_sayan

#91 Joined:

Unread postby » trident252 » Sun, 27 May 2012, 4:14 pm | #4 of 16 |

You can sell anything that has a market. Just look around and see what some of the sellers of gift cards are doing in a day. That will tell you if the money is there for you to get a piece of.

Reload | PID: #p293
trident252
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#123 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 27 May 2012, 6:41 pm | #5 of 16 |

interesting! i wouldn't have thought of that, if i didnt have a credit card i would rather just give a friend the cash that did have a card - are the gift cards selling? find a seller and have a look at how many he's sold, i might pop over and take a peek at this one myself :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p305
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » iebo » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:39 pm | #6 of 16 |

I checked out Ebay and amazingly, some of them are selling for more than they are worth. This surprises me, I wouldn't have thought people would pay for something that is so readily available. I can just go to the store right around the corner and get them. I guess its not so convenient for some people.
Although I did see that many were NOT selling for what they were worth, so there must be some trick to getting the bids up.
how I make my cash: http://www.iearnbuxonline.com/

Reload | PID: #p332
iebo
AVZoom: Regular Author

#124 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:48 pm | #7 of 16 |

i had a look on ebay uk and ireland and there wasn't any selling for more than they were worth - will keep an eye on it though

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p333
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 31 May 2012, 12:31 pm | #8 of 16 |

I would think this is a little odd. I have seen where they are selling quite high, but I do not think I would pay this kind of money for the gift card. Not only that if you have a checking account you can use this on Amazon now as well.

Reload | PID: #p442
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:05 am | #9 of 16 |

I've been earning money online on dooyoo a review website. It's easy to accumulate points as you earn base points plus points everytime someone rates your review. However users outside of the UK are paid through Amazon vouchers instead. I was wondering if I could sell Amazon vouchers on Ebay for less than face value. E.g I would sell a $40 voucher for $30-$35. That way I still get some cash and the buyer gets a discount. It's a win win situation. However I'm not even sure there is a real demand for Amazon vouchers?

Reload | PID: #p667
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:24 am | #10 of 16 |

tajnz wrote:I've been earning money online on dooyoo a review website. It's easy to accumulate points as you earn base points plus points everytime someone rates your review. However users outside of the UK are paid through Amazon vouchers instead. I was wondering if I could sell Amazon vouchers on Ebay for less than face value. E.g I would sell a $40 voucher for $30-$35. That way I still get some cash and the buyer gets a discount. It's a win win situation. However I'm not even sure there is a real demand for Amazon vouchers?

I think it's best if you auction the cards on eBay and if you're earning these gift cards then there's no capital outlay for you so whatever that you get for the gift card would be money earned 100% profit. I see some people selling Amazon gift cards for lower than the face value so I guess it's all right to do that.

I think if you want to start selling gift cards specifically Amazon gift cards then it's best to join another website that pays using gift cards. This way there's no capital outlay for you. I don't think anyone would purchase a $100 gift card and have to pay $115 for it. They would want a discount.

Reload | PID: #p668
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » s_sayan » Thu, 7 June 2012, 6:55 pm | #11 of 16 |

I really think this is possible. I just don't have the time and money to spend on it right now. Maybe you won't sell dozens of cards a day, but I think you can make a few sells a week.

As I said before, this gift cards are sold to people that for some reason can not buy in Amazon. For different reasons people could prefer Amazon to buy things online, so if they can not use it because they can't buy there, then I guess they could find my service really helpful (even when they should spend more money buying the gift cards from me).

Reload | PID: #p752
s_sayan

#91 Joined:

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:20 am | #12 of 16 |

UmmiNoor wrote:
tajnz wrote:I've been earning money online on dooyoo a review website. It's easy to accumulate points as you earn base points plus points everytime someone rates your review. However users outside of the UK are paid through Amazon vouchers instead. I was wondering if I could sell Amazon vouchers on Ebay for less than face value. E.g I would sell a $40 voucher for $30-$35. That way I still get some cash and the buyer gets a discount. It's a win win situation. However I'm not even sure there is a real demand for Amazon vouchers?

I think it's best if you auction the cards on eBay and if you're earning these gift cards then there's no capital outlay for you so whatever that you get for the gift card would be money earned 100% profit. I see some people selling Amazon gift cards for lower than the face value so I guess it's all right to do that.

I think if you want to start selling gift cards specifically Amazon gift cards then it's best to join another website that pays using gift cards. This way there's no capital outlay for you. I don't think anyone would purchase a $100 gift card and have to pay $115 for it. They would want a discount.

Hi UmmiNoor, yes there are few sites I'm a member of that pay via Amazon cards so it would be easy for me to accumulate gift vouchers. I would definitely sell them for lower than face value as that way I'll be more competitive and people will choose to buy from me instead of the people selling for more than face value. I know personally there is no way I would spend more than face value on an Amazon card or voucher. I'd probably sell $100 for $70-$80. :)

Reload | PID: #p790
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » classy_ally » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:45 pm | #13 of 16 |

I don't have a lot knowledge on the Amazon gift cards selling on eBay. But I do know eBay pretty well. The main question you want to ask yourself is will Paypal hold my money. eBay is starting to hold your funds for almost 3 weeks. So you don't immediately have access to that money. It's okay if you don't need your money right away. Just something to think about.

Reload | PID: #p832
classy_ally

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Thu, 14 June 2012, 7:36 am | #14 of 16 |

Its all fine to do, its just there seems to be alot of competition and there may not be any good profit margins after all fees are deducted.

Reload | PID: #p1038
freeautolinkbot

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Thu, 14 June 2012, 7:41 am | #15 of 16 |

tajnz wrote:Hi UmmiNoor, yes there are few sites I'm a member of that pay via Amazon cards so it would be easy for me to accumulate gift vouchers. I would definitely sell them for lower than face value as that way I'll be more competitive and people will choose to buy from me instead of the people selling for more than face value. I know personally there is no way I would spend more than face value on an Amazon card or voucher. I'd probably sell $100 for $70-$80. :)

When I go to eBay to look for Amazon gift cards, almost all of them are sold below the face value and they're all auction to get the best price. That is great that you're a member of a website that pays you via Amazon cards. What is the website if you don't mind sharing? Perhaps I can join as your referral if they accept non-US residents?

Reload | PID: #p1039
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 25 June 2012, 11:54 pm | #16 of 16  Reply

iebo wrote:I checked out Ebay and amazingly, some of them are selling for more than they are worth. This surprises me, I wouldn't have thought people would pay for something that is so readily available. I can just go to the store right around the corner and get them. I guess its not so convenient for some people.
Although I did see that many were NOT selling for what they were worth, so there must be some trick to getting the bids up.

In our local grocery store there is a display rack full of gift cards, but none of them are Amazon. I would presume Amazon would accept a pre-paid Visa as opposed to a gift card or actual credit card, so that is what I will try. I personally have a hard time paying more for something than it is worth. I have never even looked on eBay for Amazon gift cards; it didn't occur to me people were selling them there. I do wish Amazon would start accepting PayPal; they would get more of my business if they did. It seems PP is the only place I have funds at any given time. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1535
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    4,081 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com