Forum  HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
TOPIC  Ticket Touts
TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
11 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    975 topic views 

Ticket Touts

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:21 pm | #1 of 11 |

Just wondering what everyone's views are on ticket touting, as in buying regular priced tickets from ticketmaster or similar and then selling them on the classifieds or ebay when the gig has sold out?

Is it unfair on the genuine fans - or should they have got up earlier to get their tickets?

I've never done it, but it seems to be big business, although I've noticed that for big events it's becoming the practise for the organisers to ask you to produce the credit card or receipt for the original ticket purchase.

Is ticket trading even legal??? :shock:

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p328
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Ticket Touts on login.

Re: Ticket Touts

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:24 pm | #2 of 11 |

lol a little off topic?

Reload | PID: #p329
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:32 pm | #3 of 11 |

no? its making money on the computer from selling tickets! :)

Reload | PID: #p331
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » dasani » Mon, 28 May 2012, 4:14 pm | #4 of 11 |

I am pretty sure that is illegal. I believe it has scouting in the name. How do I feel about it? I don't mind it. It is no different than someone buying all of a popular toy and selling it for higher online. There are safer ways to make money online though.

Reload | PID: #p345
dasani
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#125 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 5:57 pm | #5 of 11 |

I thought it might be illegal, but then how do broker sites get around it, and why does ebay allow it? they sell for way over the book price. apologies moc if this thread is inappropriate, please delete

Reload | PID: #p354
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 1 June 2012, 2:20 pm | #6 of 11 |

I think this is probably illegal. I know if you buy the tickets and then cannot use them for whatever reason this is acceptable. However, if this is the sole purpose of buying the tickets then I am thinking you cannot do this.

Reload | PID: #p476
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 1 June 2012, 5:25 pm | #7 of 11 |

Ticket touts? Is that what they call scalping now? It's always been illegal, but it's also been a part of going to shows and sporting events from the beginning of time, so I kind of shrug at the whole process. I can't say that it's unfair to anyone, because it's very rare that a concert or event goes on sale without any advance warning.

People used to sleep outside for tickets, so I'm not going to cry over someone that didn't get to a computer in time. If it's really an important event or you go to many events, then you need to get a card like American Express as they have a service to help their cardholders obtain tickets and sometimes with a discount.

Reload | PID: #p482
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Fri, 1 June 2012, 7:25 pm | #8 of 11 |

Scalping? hehe haven't heard that one, they've always been ticket touts here :) I agree that real fans will always go the extra mile to get their tickets - I was almost going to drive to Gary Barlow's house personally when ticketmaster crashed the day Take That tickets went on sale LOL
If you only did it once in a while it would be hard to prove they weren't originally intended for your personal use then I guess? Or is it the selling over the value that's illegal?

Reload | PID: #p484
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 2 June 2012, 4:31 am | #9 of 11 |

I think most people assume it's just the selling of the tickets over the face value, but I think it also has something to do with whether you are authorized to sell the ticket. I'm not quite sure. The only tickets that I've ever bought from people were at face value.

Reload | PID: #p497
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Shell323 » Sat, 2 June 2012, 5:18 am | #10 of 11 |

I don't personally see the problem with this. I understand that in reality the original ticket sellers are just pissed because they aren't getting a cut of the higher ticket price. Other than that, it's frustrating to miss out on tickets and have to pay a higher price, but seriously the whole idea of concerts is first come first serve. I've never actually done it, but really just because I don't have the money to go out and buy a huge amount of expensive tickets. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but I think it really is just someone mad because they didn't get a bigger cut of the sale.

Reload | PID: #p502
Shell323
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#161 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 11:20 pm

Unread postby » classy_ally » Sat, 9 June 2012, 11:34 pm | #11 of 11  Reply

This is new to me. eBay is such a stickler for every little thing. I can't imagine it being illegal. You are purchasing a product and resell it for a higher price. Isn't that what the stock market is about? shell323 is right. Ticket seller are just pissed. They will get over it.

Reload | PID: #p867
classy_ally
AVZoom: Regular Author

#201 Joined:
Fri, 8 June 2012, 10:58 pm

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    975 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online