TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
21 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    4,001 topic views 

Writing for revenue sharing sites?

Unread postby » boyuancy » Mon, 28 May 2012, 5:22 pm | #1 of 21 |

What do you think of writing for revenue sharing sites as a source of online income? It doesn't pay you a load at first, but if you work at it, things stack up really easily.
I have been writing for two sites: Knoji, and HubPages. Knoji pays well, while for HP, I'm waiting for AdSense approval.
Do you write for any revenue sharing sites? Which ones are they?
Get paid to write, answer questions, verify coupons, and a whole lot of other stuff - Knoji.

Share Permalink | PID: #p348
boyuancy
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#114 Joined:
Sat, 26 May 2012, 7:18 am

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Writing for revenue sharing sites? on login.

Re: Writing for revenue sharing sites?

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 5:41 pm | #2 of 21 |

I've never heard of Knoji, will check it out. I have a couple of squidoo lenses, but i use them more for backlinks to my site rather than earnings - i think they're a great idea for a passive income overtime as you can just write then forget about it, i think with hubpages you just have to be active every 90 days or so to stay registered? I've just written a review of Trivago too and I will give that a go, you write reviews on hotels and share your travel photo's as well as rate other members' reviews to earn. They share the revenue they make from hotel bookings, so you don't need an adsense account to earn :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p352
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Mon, 28 May 2012, 6:00 pm | #3 of 21 |

While I do believe in the theory of passive income, if you are in a situation where you need the money now, I'd stick with the venues that will pay now. That's one of the issues with writing, you are beholden to the reader's tastes and that determines your pay. I'd look for a site that has a near instant gratification for my income and the revenue sharing sites to sharpen my skills and my passive income.

Reload | PID: #p355
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » ma89 » Wed, 30 May 2012, 6:25 am | #4 of 21 |

I think the idea of writing for revenue sharing sites is a good one, but probably not a method I'm going to put at the top of my make-money list for now. In saying that, I've recently signed up for Helium to check out how these types of passive income sites from article writing work, and hopefully it will prove to be a bigger money earner than I first thought. Is anyone else a member of Helium? I would love to know what kind of earnings are possible.

Reload | PID: #p399
ma89
AVZoom: 3 Posts To Rank

#134 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 6:28 am

Unread postby » Waynefire » Wed, 30 May 2012, 1:05 pm | #5 of 21 |

I have never heard of Konji either. I will have to look at them, but for HP I am making about 50 a month there. Which really is not bad, but I would like to increase the income which means more writing for me. I know it takes a while to reach their payout, but it does pay into PayPal and is well worth the wait in my opinion!

Reload | PID: #p406
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Thu, 31 May 2012, 1:24 am | #6 of 21 |

ma89 wrote: Is anyone else a member of Helium? I would love to know what kind of earnings are possible.

Helium used to be my big money earner but after they change their payment system, I have stopped writing for them. It is one of a few article writing sites that was still paying writers per article. Now, it's more like competing with other writers to get paid. I used to be able to earn more than $50 every month from writing for Helium but now I'm only depending on the earnings from the articles that I've written for the site and from rating articles. I earn about less than $5 from doing this every month and the payout is $25. Some veteran writers do get paid quite well. But I only have 189 articles on the site so my earnings is pretty low.

Reload | PID: #p427
UmmiNoor
AVZoom: Regular Author

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » Shell323 » Sat, 2 June 2012, 6:51 am | #7 of 21 |

I have heard that money can be made on helium, but only if you have a large number of articles written. Is that true of all revenue share sites? I think in my opinion these types of sites can make money, but you can't count on them, you should let those add up in your free time, and work on the sites that pay you immediately to make an income.

Reload | PID: #p505
Shell323

#161 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 11:20 pm

Unread postby » MeiEden » Sat, 2 June 2012, 5:05 pm | #8 of 21 |

I just started writing for hubpages - and from what I've heard from other users, if you want to make money, you have to work hard. You have to write constantly and actively use SEO (search engine optimization) and backlinks. You have to have the motivation to constantly promote and market your hubs to bring traffic to them in the hopes of earning ad revenue.

For me, it's more of a fun way to earn a little extra money here and there passively in the future. If you want to make real money though, it's going to take a little work.

You might also try Yahoo! Contributor Network which can pay upfront for writing as well in addition to revenue sharing for every 1000 visits to your site.

Reload | PID: #p523
MeiEden

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Sat, 2 June 2012, 7:11 pm | #9 of 21 |

I haven't heard of konji either, I would love to know more about them. What sorts of articles do they accept, what's the payment, any upfront payment?
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p526
MakingCents

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 6 June 2012, 9:35 am | #10 of 21 |

MakingCents wrote:I haven't heard of konji either, I would love to know more about them. What sorts of articles do they accept, what's the payment, any upfront payment?

It's actually Knoji and it used to be called Factoidz, if you've heard of it. I'm a member Factoidz and now Knoji. I don't really like writing for this site because they expect a lot from you. You must write SEO articles and they must be very well-written. It's pretty stressful writing for this site because they're very strict. It's not a site I would recommend for a newbie.

Reload | PID: #p670
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:58 pm | #11 of 21 |

boyuancy wrote:What do you think of writing for revenue sharing sites as a source of online income? It doesn't pay you a load at first, but if you work at it, things stack up really easily.
I have been writing for two sites: Knoji, and HubPages. Knoji pays well, while for HP, I'm waiting for AdSense approval.
Do you write for any revenue sharing sites? Which ones are they?

I have been writing for HubPages since January 2010. I quickly got discouraged in the beginning because I expected faster results; I have since seen the errors of my ways and went back to contributing there more regularly. I now have 56 articles published there (that is much less than many members) and am starting to see a consistent increase in my earnings. I have made more with the HubPages Ad Program and Amazon capsule than with AdSense, but I'll take what I can get.

I have also written for Triond, Knoji, Helium (RS and per article payment), and a few others. I have done okay on Helium, as I try to pick titles that have a dollar value to them in addition to the RS. The more you write, the higher your revenue will be. My advice is to pick one or two sites (even three) and consistently submit quality work. The quality work will attract more readers, which turns into more views, which converts into more money for you.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p718
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » MeiEden » Fri, 8 June 2012, 8:22 pm | #12 of 21 |

dziomek: Which revenue sharing site has worked best for you so far? I started out on HubPages because it was the first one I found, but then I found out about other sites such as Infobarrel, Squidoo, Triond, Textbroker, Knoji, Helium, and Yahoo Associated Content. Because there are so many options out there, I'm at a loss as to which one to choose. Do you have any advice is to which is your favorite and why?

Reload | PID: #p816
MeiEden

#163 Joined:
Sat, 2 June 2012, 2:53 pm

Unread postby » MakingCents » Fri, 8 June 2012, 9:39 pm | #13 of 21 |

THe one suggestion I can make is to sign up for experts column. If you write for another s it that allows you to retain the rights to your works, you can re-publish on experts column. Be careful because some sites don't let you keep the rights to your work.
Highest paying PTC: http://www.ayuwage.com/?reg=17566
Paidviewpoints, a trusted survey site: http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=ack

Reload | PID: #p822
MakingCents

#83 Joined:
Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:40 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Sat, 9 June 2012, 6:13 am | #14 of 21 |

MeiEden wrote:dziomek: Which revenue sharing site has worked best for you so far? I started out on HubPages because it was the first one I found, but then I found out about other sites such as Infobarrel, Squidoo, Triond, Textbroker, Knoji, Helium, and Yahoo Associated Content. Because there are so many options out there, I'm at a loss as to which one to choose. Do you have any advice is to which is your favorite and why?

I have been earning consistently with HubPages; it hasn't been much but it is slowly increasing. I have submitted content to a few of the sites you mentioned as well, but I keep going back to HP. I have learned it is better to submit articles to only two or three sites as opposed to several. I do earn a bit from Helium and Triond, but the best is still HP. Knoji and I agree to disagree; I have written for them, but have received strikes against me for simply not having a title long enough. The frustrating part is they wouldn't give me the option to fix it and re-submit it.

As for my favorite I do have to go with HubPages. It too was the first site I found to submit my articles to, but also because I can integrate my Amazon and eBay accounts and earn a bit of revenue through sales made via the capsules. I was frustrated with it in the beginning because I wasn't earning more than a few pennies a month, so I searched the web for other sites. Several months ago I came across an article someone else had written regarding how many Hubs a person needs to start seeing real results. The author of that particular article said 50 was the magic number, and I must say they were right on the money. I am kicking myself now because I wrote close to 150 articles for the other sites (Helium, Triond, Knoji, etc); had I concentrated all that effort on HP I would have been earning considerably more by this point.

Do keep in mind (and I know I probably sound like a broken record) it is very important to write quality articles in addition to the quantity. Some sites have authors who churn out the articles left, right and center, but the reader quickly realizes they are just words thrown together and have no real value to them. Pay attention to your grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as value to the reader and you will do well.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE

Reload | PID: #p844
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 9 June 2012, 4:22 pm | #15 of 21 |

Is it not possible to pull your writing off the other sites and move them to your HubPage? If you still retain the rights, you should be able to close an account, no?

Reload | PID: #p849
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » greenmachine » Tue, 12 June 2012, 9:55 pm | #16 of 21 |

I have tried writing for Hub but didn't see myself going anywhere far as making anything. I pretty much put it on the back burner. I much rather get paid per article instead of waiting around.

Reload | PID: #p976
greenmachine

#104 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 9:48 am

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Wed, 13 June 2012, 3:35 am | #17 of 21 |

greenmachine wrote:I have tried writing for Hub but didn't see myself going anywhere far as making anything. I pretty much put it on the back burner. I much rather get paid per article instead of waiting around.

Hubpages, in my opinion, is one of the best writing sites where you can earn a substantial income because of its high page rank. Hubpages do get TLC from Google. To succeed with HP, you need to learn SEO and keyword research. You need to write articles that people want to read.

Reload | PID: #p989
UmmiNoor

#127 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 13 June 2012, 5:59 am | #18 of 21 |

Sugarhill wrote:Is it not possible to pull your writing off the other sites and move them to your HubPage? If you still retain the rights, you should be able to close an account, no?

I don't see why not. In all honesty, I hadn't thought of that. I may have to do a little homework soon and see what I can do. I know some will need some tweaking to fit in with HP guidelines, but that is alright with me . Thank you for the suggestion. :) I am doing better with HubPages, so it only makes sense to stick with it and submit more articles there.

Reload | PID: #p992
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Wed, 13 June 2012, 6:17 am | #19 of 21 |

Yes, definitely look into that. If there is a minimum number that automatically brings in money and you can dramatically increase your number with a couple of tweaks, you have to try. Even if you can't pull the articles, you should be able to put some sort of twist on them to post them on your HubPage.

Reload | PID: #p995
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Sat, 16 June 2012, 2:58 am | #20 of 21 |

Sugarhill wrote:Yes, definitely look into that. If there is a minimum number that automatically brings in money and you can dramatically increase your number with a couple of tweaks, you have to try. Even if you can't pull the articles, you should be able to put some sort of twist on them to post them on your HubPage.

I wouldn't say there is a magic number, but having more quality articles definitely increases the chances of earning more. Another nice thing about HP is you can also go back to former articles and edit them by editing text, adding photos, capsules or changing the Amazon or eBay product capsules. I have a few I wrote early in my online career that desperately need some revising. I have a lot of work to do on HP, in addition to my Apprenticeship articles. :)

Reload | PID: #p1151
dziomek

#190 Joined:

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sat, 16 June 2012, 4:30 am | #21 of 21  Reply

HubPages sounds really interesting, I will have to look into them when I have a few other things settled. Thanks for all of the information. Were you able to pull your articles and post them up?

Reload | PID: #p1160
Sugarhill
100 200 300

#73 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    4,001 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com