Hundreds of millions of people visit forums, blogs and other digital media websites 24/7 each day. What are the best methods for networking and marketing on these platforms?
9 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    5,115 topic views 

Any Real Success Marketing Through Twitter?

Unread postby » Rackermann » Sun, 27 May 2012, 11:47 pm | #1 of 9 |

I wanted to get as many responses in connection with this if possible, so your responses will be appreciated.

What type of success have you experienced in your personal capacity concerning the use of Twitter for your advertising and promotional efforts?

I have had mixed results myself and I am not always sure that Twitter is the best place to spend your time with when attempting to promote a new product or website, etc. I get the idea that online marketers and business people are only advertising to other like-minded online business people in the end, without reaching any 'real' customers / clients - is this true?

Share Permalink | PID: #p312
Rackermann
AVZoom: Regular Author

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Any Real Success Marketing Through Twitter? on login.

Re: Any Real Success Marketing Through Twitter?

Unread postby » tosaytheleast » Mon, 28 May 2012, 5:37 pm | #2 of 9 |

I am not sure if this will count by I make money with my twitter account through posting ads by advertisers and they pay through clicks from my followers. I make at least $10 weekly primarily because I don't have much followers. Just around 600.

I a, planning to grow my twitter followers just ti give myself a chance to earn more through this method.

Reload | PID: #p351
tosaytheleast
AVZoom: New Poster

#129 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Unread postby » difrancprod » Sat, 16 June 2012, 12:42 pm | #3 of 9 |

I have developed new followers to my blog and sites through Twitter. I would have to say that it's definitely one of the most effective and really useful form of social network out there. It's precise, it's short and it's direct to the point!

Reload | PID: #p1186
difrancprod

#128 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 7:24 am

Unread postby » Rackermann » Fri, 22 June 2012, 3:13 pm | #4 of 9 |

I wrote an article for a client recently and it was about hoe the "New SEO strategies" work and what we need to do to please the search engines and rank higher. The days of backlinks counting a lot towards your ranking is over ... it still plays a role, but not a significant one. Social signals are where the secret is at right now. The more social networking you do and the more that your websites, products, and services appear on all the top social networks, the better it will be for your rankings!!

Reload | PID: #p1395
Rackermann

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Unread postby » olley99 » Sat, 23 June 2012, 11:52 am | #5 of 9 |

Link your twitter with your website, when you update your website, update your twitter also. That can bring some traffic to your website

Reload | PID: #p1435
olley99
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#193 Joined:
Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:46 pm

Unread postby » olley99 » Sun, 24 June 2012, 8:31 am | #6 of 9 |

When it comes with communication, digital communities like Facebook hits the number one spot. It most certainly has a lot of advantages when it tackles about communication per se. It can allow it users to track down long lost friends, acquaintances and relatives that they haven't seen for years. Users are able to meet new groups and are able to interact with their likes and dislikes. Through the system's organization of profiles, it allows its users access to other personal interests that a contact can use. This can also be a perfect gateway for love to bloom in a dating process.

Reload | PID: #p1477
olley99
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#193 Joined:
Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:46 pm

Unread postby » JaimeLannister » Thu, 12 July 2012, 2:32 pm | #7 of 9 |

Personally, as both a businessperson and a consumer, my thinking is more that Twitter is excellent at building conversations and engaging with potential customers than it is at directly selling to them. I think it will have a great overall benefit to the business you are building providing you have your soapbox set up in front of a relevant audience, but I'd say it is less likely to directly convert for you.

However, I am sure there are people that have had direct success this way, but I use it as more of a relationship builder and traffic driver than a direct sales tool.

Reload | PID: #p2159
JaimeLannister

#354 Joined:
Thu, 12 July 2012, 10:33 am
Name: JaimeLannister

Unread postby » Laura » Sat, 21 July 2012, 2:22 pm | #8 of 9 |

tosaytheleast wrote:I am not sure if this will count by I make money with my twitter account through posting ads by advertisers and they pay through clicks from my followers. I make at least $10 weekly primarily because I don't have much followers. Just around 600.

I a, planning to grow my twitter followers just ti give myself a chance to earn more through this method.

It's not too bad. Aren't you followers reacting bad after they click on ad? DO you say it's an ad ? What kind of link is it?

10$ a week for just posting links on twitter is great ;)
MY BLOG (Feel free to tell me what you think about it)

Reload | PID: #p2485
Laura

#370 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 10:20 pm
Name: Laura

Unread postby » jagpaw » Mon, 11 March 2013, 11:52 am | #9 of 9  Reply

I have noticed two problems with twitter marketing .
1) not many users click on links in twitter (viruses/phishing)
2) it can make a twitter profile look spammy over time.

Google can get away with tweeting links to their YouTube vids and not get spam flagged, yet lower traffic sites get spammed when you post links in tweets often. Without hashtag visibility there is no real outreach.

Reload | PID: #p3502
jagpaw
AVZoom: New Member

#583 Joined:
Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:07 am
Name: jagpaw

Discuss social media topics and trending information. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    5,115 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com