Hundreds of millions of people visit forums, blogs and other digital media websites 24/7 each day. What are the best methods for networking and marketing on these platforms?
7 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,157 topic views 

Pinterest spam?

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 21 January 2013, 7:42 am | #1 of 7 |

Okay so I think I have a little problem on pinterest. Random scam and hack problems pop up with people, I ran into one where pins I didn't make were showing up on my board.

However I use pinterest for my blog now and I noticed one of my newest pins is getting a lot of repins...under the same board name. I went to check out these boards, they don't all have the same items but its like a variety of 6 items and each board has 3 or 4 items on it with one being my pin.

I think for some reason the spammer/hack things have done something with my pin, to make it pin onto random people's boards. I really don't want this to come bite me in the but x.x Should I delete the pin and put it back up? Or just delete it period? Or leave it be ? It seems since this has happened I've been getting a bit more traffic to the blog post that is attached to but still..I don't really think thats a good thing, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

What do you guys think about this?

Share Permalink | PID: #p3450
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Pinterest spam? on login.

Re: Pinterest spam?

Unread postby » MOC » Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:34 am | #2 of 7 |

I'm not a pinterest user at the moment gothtini, but I look at it like this. More traffic and repins can't hurt, and really if you have done nothing wrong then those monitoring the site will know you have done nothing wrong by studying their user data if that was necessary. If no major damage has been done, just tighten up your security by changing your password as it is more likely user accounts are hacked that way. So long as what you actually do online is reputable, and I know you don't like blackhat techniques from your comments in other topics we have talked in, then just keep doing what your doing and ignore the rest. Thanks for sharing this info. you got me wondering now if others have had simular issues.

Reload | PID: #p3451
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 21 January 2013, 3:53 pm | #3 of 7 |

I don't use pinterest much either, but I agree with MOC - if you are getting extra traffic and no-one is complaining then i'd let it lie, as long as the other pins aren't against the toc or adult material, etc!

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p3453
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 21 January 2013, 6:49 pm | #4 of 7 |

Thing is this isn't me being hacked, its someone else who is using my pins on hacked accounts. Which means my pins can end up being reported as spam I believe, but I'm not sure. Pinterest doesn't seem to have much information far as this stuff on google lol so its hard to tell. I dunno I may just delete this pin I have other pins for the page, and anyone can go to my page and pin stuff if they have the pinit button in their bookmarks..I may do some more searching if I find anything I'll let you guys know okay?

Reload | PID: #p3454
gothtini

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Unread postby » noah65 » Mon, 22 April 2013, 5:24 am | #5 of 7 |

What other social sites do you used for SEO? Is other site instead of Twitter, Facebook are affective and helping our sites? If yes than please mention these sites.

Reload | PID: #p3569
noah65
AVZoom: New Poster

#594 Joined:
Tue, 16 April 2013, 9:05 am
Name: Noah

Unread postby » najatuw4646 » Mon, 27 June 2016, 6:25 pm | #6 of 7 |

I didn't make were showing up on my board.

Reload | PID: #p4953
najatuw4646
AVZoom: New Poster

#892 Joined:
Thu, 10 September 2015, 2:19 am

Unread postby » chandlerbong » Sat, 19 August 2017, 3:23 pm | #7 of 7  Reply

noah65 wrote:What other social sites do you used for SEO? Is other site instead of Twitter, Facebook are affective and helping our sites? If yes than please mention these sites.

I use both facebook and twitter to get more traffic to my site. it is efficient.

Reload | PID: #p5636
chandlerbong

#950 Joined:
Mon, 19 June 2017, 8:51 am
Name: Chandler

Discuss social media topics and trending information. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,157 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKING Back

WhoIs Online