How to choose a good domain name and website hosting? Discuss and find the best or cheapest website services here. Common web hosts are, powweb.com, bluehost.com, impactintegration.com, internode.on.net, godaddy.com, smartyhost.com
2 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    4,092 topic views 

domain pointing & domain transfer?

Unread postby » sherriselph » Thu, 10 April 2014, 7:18 pm | #1 of 2 |

What is the difference between domain pointing & domain transfer? I wish to buy domains at a local domain reseller I wish to get a hosting account some where else to host my multiple domains so that i have total control over [ domain control panel & c-panel of host ] in such a case is it necessary to transfer the domains to host provider or just point those domains to their ips is enough. If i host multiple domains in a single host account will it lead to some sort of confusion.

Share Permalink | PID: #p3924
sherriselph
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#693 Joined:
Wed, 19 March 2014, 4:21 pm
Name: Sherri

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic domain pointing & domain transfer? on login.

Re: domain pointing & domain transfer?

Unread postby » chandlerbong » Fri, 23 June 2017, 3:40 pm | #2 of 2  Reply

Hi you,
Pointing a domain name means that the name servers for that domain name have been modified to Point2’s name servers. Your domain name will bring up your Point2 website. However, your domain account still remains at your current registrar. This is the company with whom you originally registered your domain name. You still must contact that registrar for any updates, changes or billing inquiries regarding your domain name. This can be confusing, as you have accounts with more than one company.

Transferring a domain name account to Point2 means that you would have all your accounts with one company. This means that if you had any inquiries regarding your domain name, billing, renewals, pointing, you could simply contact Point2 Customer Care. When you transfer your domain account to Point2, included in the $16.95 fee is an additional year of registration.

Note: It is advisable to have your domain name pointed to your Point2 website first before you proceed with transferring the domain name.

Reload | PID: #p5478
chandlerbong
AVZoom: Century Club

#950 Joined:
Mon, 19 June 2017, 8:51 am
Name: Chandler

Discuss and find the best or cheapest domain services here. You can post bonus offers and referral links in this forum.
    4,092 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com