MOC members can get website feedback. Request a review of your site.
Social media sharing is enabled to share any posted topic.
10 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    3,588 topic views 

Please Review Our New Website...?

Unread postby » Rackermann » Tue, 22 May 2012, 2:27 pm | #1 of 10 |

Hi there,

This is not a promotion of any kind, but a genuine request to all members to please have a look at our new website. Please review it when you have a chance and send us all your feedback, as well as any suggestions that you might have?

The website is an International Sports Community with a twist. We want fans from all sports and from all over the world to visit free, without having to register at all, to come and speak their minds...We want 'Trash Talk' and we want people not to hold back at all. Almost anything goes here...!

You can start discussions, submit your own sports articles, and comment via your FB account or anonymously as well. We offer Live Chat and Live TV too, plus updated sports news and scores.

The link to the website is: http://trashasportsteam.webnode.com ...'Trash A Sports Team' - we are busy registering a proper domain name, so that will be sorted out soon!

Many thanks in advance!

Share Permalink | PID: #p137
Rackermann
AVZoom: Regular Author

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Please Review Our New Website...? on login.

Re: Please Review Our New Website...?

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 22 May 2012, 2:36 pm | #2 of 10 |

hi, please check your PM's, i have bumped this thread to its appropriate forum.

Reload | PID: #p138
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 22 May 2012, 3:41 pm | #3 of 10 |

on first thought, I liked the concept. i would stick to the same formatting for the entire page, the top section is in one style and the bottom section is another, and there is just way too much going on.

but worse than that is a uninvited pop-up was attempted and a add-on that my security did not like was initiated also when trying to go fullscreen on the chat box.. no-one likes that sort of browser interaction and i dont believe people will return due to those issues.

fix those issues, keep your site clean, and if you want to monetize the site work on that when you have loyal visitors returning, work real hard on your prized possession cause it could have some potential for returning visits and growth, as bad as it will get if it is left to the anonymous, and remains totally unmoderated ...

The trash box section needs to be the star of the page, not the text and ads etc.. as i say, work on building your site into something great first, observe the potential as it grows and add/change content dependant on your research of traffic pathways and visitor logs, feedback etc.

you could turn it into something good, but customisation and conformity is needed. those who want to trash the heck out of their most hated players and teams may like it, yet i believe the chat area needs to star, i really think that lets it down alot. find something other than chatango for your trashbox i really feel it is a let down to trash in such a small and confined space.

i would like to see an update when you have proper domain name and have worked real hard on conforming the look of the site, and making it into something special.

what is your vision for your site for the future? it has some potential i think, but it needs alot of work to get it there. :!:

Reload | PID: #p139
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Wed, 23 May 2012, 1:58 am | #4 of 10 |

i dont think this site will work at all my opinion is the owner just wants to try and get clicks on his ads and i think the site is messy and ugly. This is a site made of free scripts and free domain and free hosting and as they say it takes money to make money. Sorry but its a fail for me.

Reload | PID: #p143
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » Fishermanz » Wed, 23 May 2012, 2:47 am | #5 of 10 |

MOC wrote:on first thought, I liked the concept. i would stick to the same formatting for the entire page, the top section is in one style and the bottom section is another, and there is just way too much going on

Im no expert at all about any of this but i have to agree with MOC, there is to much going on and it would be more pleasing to look at and navigate if it was simpler. I like the layout and colours at the top of the site making it look rather nice. Its got potential :D

Reload | PID: #p144
Fishermanz
AVZoom: Mega Author

#68 Joined:
Sat, 19 May 2012, 6:41 am

Unread postby » Rackermann » Wed, 23 May 2012, 9:16 pm | #6 of 10 |

Thank you very much for the feedback. I really do appreciate it and I know I still need to do a lot of work. My #1 interest is sports and that is how I came up with the idea. I wanted to do something different and I know that many sports fans love to debate / trash / take each other on any time they have the chance.

If you are not really into sports, then perhaps reviewing the site and saying that it is a fail is not going to carry too much weight with me - with all respect. I do agree that I have to make the pages less busy...less ads etc.

The idea is that people would have a civilized discussion about sports as well and not just come and trash each other, but the trashing part has to be the main attraction.

I know I am using "free" everything right now, which limits me in many ways, but I needed to first see if this was going to work, which I truly think will work. I do have a vision here and that is why I am getting as many opinions as I can. This is a delicate "work in progress".

The "trashbox" is actually the comments box and FB comments application that are added to each sports page. The Live Chat I added is for those people who want to communicate with one another in real time. Again, I am limited because I had to use what was available to me.

I do receive very diverse reactions and responses, which is a little confusing at times, because it is evident that you will never be able to please everybody...! :)

My work is far from done though...

Reload | PID: #p179
Rackermann

#79 Joined:

Unread postby » Beerforkids » Wed, 23 May 2012, 9:33 pm | #7 of 10 |

It looks ok i guess not very sporty needs a backgorund and less clutter.A main page needs to have not to much clutter or else a new person with a slow computer or connection will try and use it wait awhile then rage and leave and never come back not a good thing.Other than thats it is good i did notice the issues others said but hay its just my opinion from viewing 1000s of sites.Hope i helped Avatar100400 :)
I dunno what i am supposed to put here oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Avatar100400gaming

Reload | PID: #p181
Beerforkids

#92 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 4:42 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 25 May 2012, 8:37 pm | #8 of 10 |

You may have made some changes from when you first posted to my visit today. My biggest issue is the name. I hope you are thinking about a better and catchier name. My reasoning is that most sports boards are "trash a team." You'd do better with a different angle, like a "Dear Owner" board. A place where you can come and beg your owner/GM/coach/whatever to make the changes that you want.

That would give people a place to vent with a comical twist.

I don't know, just throwing that out there.

Reload | PID: #p222
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » Rackermann » Mon, 28 May 2012, 2:35 pm | #9 of 10 |

HERE IS MY UPDATED VERSION - For those who are interested in having a look. Most of what you guys told me before was stuff that I knew had to change and hearing it from others helped, so thank you very much again...!

Pleasing everybody is obviously impossible, so I am listening to the majority of reviewers that responded...Any new comments and feedback will be appreciated as well:

http://trash-any-sports-team.us.pn

Regards...

Reload | PID: #p338
Rackermann

#79 Joined:

Unread postby » chandlerbong » Sat, 24 June 2017, 2:54 pm | #10 of 10  Reply

Your site is good. i think you will have sell

Reload | PID: #p5484
chandlerbong
AVZoom: Century Club

#950 Joined:
Mon, 19 June 2017, 8:51 am
Name: Chandler

Only general rated websites are acceptable. Request only one website review per topic.
    3,588 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com