Network with writers for guest post writing on your blog. We have integrated social media sharing in all topics, so you can spread the word about your blogs easily.
4 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,375 topic views 

How do you drive traffic to your blog?

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 27 August 2012, 7:00 pm | #1 of 4 |

I never really know how to drive people to my blog. I share it on facebook and other social networks, plus I fill the keywords with popular ones dealing with my topics. However I don't think this gets enough traffic to my blog, I'm not really sure how to get constant readers on my blog.

Have you guys ever tried using sites like postloop where you can get people to comment on your blogs etc for cash? I don't really want to use this, but if any of you guys have tried this and got some constant readers even after you stopped paying them it would be something to consider since I have a couple hundred points built up again.

Share Permalink | PID: #p3138
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic How do you drive traffic to your blog? on login.

Re: How do you drive traffic to your blog?

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 28 August 2012, 2:29 am | #2 of 4 |

Hi gothtini, those methods you mentioned are methods I use, social networking, search engine traffic, posting in forums, link directories etc.

Now that you touch on postloop, I will share my experience using that site and the type of users you will attract from there. Postloop is a great system, and potentially one of the most powerful methods of gaining members and comments for your project, and a great way of earning a few dollars for posting on others peoples projects too. But, as soon as you stop paying people for comments, they will most likely not use your service again, fullstop.

99% of people using postloop don't really care what you are doing, even if it seems that they are genuinely interested, they are only there for the pennies they make from posting on your blog or forum. This is good for your project because it seems they are interested, they give good comments, and they cause you few problems as far as site administration goes like spammy comments because they don't want to be banned from postloop.

A problem you may find is in postloop you cannot set any less than 5 comments per day, which leads to some people talking absolute crap to get those 5 comments done. This is a very frustrating thing about postloop which I think Ryan needs to address. Not everyone does this, but a big percentage certainly does and it is just a waste of money to have this happening.

"Oh thanks for that, I didnt know that." - Yes, comments like this some people on postloop use to make their pennies and for no other reason. I say this because, they wont leave that comment if they aren't doing it through postloop, they wont comment at all!

So things can get out of hand very quickly if you gain too many members from postloop and they start posting 5 crappy comments per day. They see others doing it so they do it themselves. In this case, it will become very expensive and you wont be happy with the content you are getting.

This is why so many sites offer things through their own backend systems like doing paid surveys, pay or points or rewards to post, and referral systems with extra bonuses for driving people to the site. Websites like that become extremely large!

No-one wants to do anything they are not getting any benefits from. If your site is fantastic, over time you will grow. Keep developing your site and what you can offer people. Hopefully you can set-up a system that will benefit your members, and also benefit yourself. This is the goal of most websites, and not achieving this is the reason 99% of projects will fail.

Reload | PID: #p3139
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » gothtini » Tue, 28 August 2012, 6:36 am | #3 of 4 |

I don't think there's anyway for members to benefit besides finding monster high facts they were looking for lol. Thanks for the info on postloop though!

Reload | PID: #p3142
gothtini
AVZoom: Century Club

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Unread postby » genieswish » Tue, 28 August 2012, 8:29 am | #4 of 4  Reply

I agree, re: postloop, it's something i've thought about to make the site "look" busy - but it's of no genuine value.

As for sharing on FB, that's not enough - you need to interact as your page with other popular pages that would attract your niche, leave comments and like other people's posts, etc, they will come and look you up out of curiosity.

Think about where your target audience are and what they do, then follow them and drag them to your site LOL

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p3143
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Talk about your blogs and all things related to better blogging. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,375 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com