Network with writers for guest post writing on your blog. We have integrated social media sharing in all topics, so you can spread the word about your blogs easily.
7 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,276 topic views 

Ouch! I got hit :(

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 7 October 2012, 12:17 pm | #1 of 7 |

Well, I'm outraged, enraged and totally disgusted....

Google forgot to tell me he was updating and trashing my site into the wastelands of search engine results!!!

I'm not going to sit back and die, I'm turning this experience into a huge positive and rebuilding from scratch - using alternative methods of traffic generation. It's given me renewed motivation and determintation to take my site in it's new direction.

I always knew it could happen at anytime, but it's taken this to really put into practice what I'm so fond of preaching about, will update with progress as it happens :)

I'm off to spam forums and blogs, I may be gone some time hahahahah.......

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p3229
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Ouch! I got hit :( on login.

Re: Ouch! I got hit :(

Unread postby » MOC » Sun, 7 October 2012, 1:23 pm | #2 of 7 |

Oh that's sad to hear genie, my search engine traffic is growing daily :roll: i guess you might not want to hear that if google has dropped you off the radar... actually, engine traffic is growing not only from google but yahoo and bing are playing nice too lol

Don't jump the gun with worry too soon, you can find you bounce back into the indexes as fast as you can disappear from them. The next challenge for me is user participation!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more exclamations needed here !!!!!!!!!!!! oh and a couple more !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Reload | PID: #p3230
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 7 October 2012, 7:26 pm | #3 of 7 |

well done MOC!! :) What we need is for all these lurking guests to get involved!!!!!

I think you should make all the juiciest posts not visible to unregistered guests - the curiosity would get the better of me and I'd have to register, but then again I am extremely nosey hahah

I'm not worried - I'm steaming! (you can actually see it coming out of my ears lol) I do love a challenge - the gauntlet has been well and truly laid...Google shmoogle!

Reload | PID: #p3231
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Sun, 7 October 2012, 10:31 pm | #4 of 7 |

lol genie! well when you have done away with google I'm coming to you for traffic :D, but you wont be able to stop the big numbers google will give you in the future IMO.

genieswish wrote:I think you should make all the juiciest posts not visible to unregistered guests - the curiosity would get the better of me and I'd have to register...

Funny you say that because I did this for a day, a week or two ago, to the "Extreme Marketing Forums". Well I wanted to do it for a day but I could only last a couple of hours. I felt like I was breaking a moral law of the www by imposing those restrictions on people, to have to register to read the information! So I haven't got that option up my sleeve anymore lol.

A month or two ago my organic results dropped to about 25% of what they had previously been so I feel for you, hugs :roll:, and at the moment they are about 100% better than they were a month or two ago.

Reload | PID: #p3232
MOC
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 8 October 2012, 9:39 am | #5 of 7 |

i'm just loking at an app called booshaka, where you can reward participation on your facebook page - looks interesting, i'd love to hear your opinion? http://www.booshaka.com/ i've visited a couple of pages that have it and there seems to be a lot of competition to make fan of the week/month

Reload | PID: #p3233
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 9 October 2012, 7:40 am | #6 of 7 |

I am eligible for a free $5.00 starbucks eGift card thanks to punchtab! Lol just thought I would mention that. How do you drink an eCoffee is my next question? But anyway I'll just keep racking up the points... Hmm booshaka not for me at this time genie.

Reload | PID: #p3238
MOC
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Tue, 9 October 2012, 9:14 am | #7 of 7  Reply

i might give the free version a run and see what it's like. virtual coffee? errrrm, i dunno but please have a webcam on when u try it LOL

Reload | PID: #p3239
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Talk about your blogs and all things related to better blogging. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,276 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to THE BLOGGERS CORNER Back

WhoIs Online