Hundreds of millions of people visit forums, blogs and other digital media websites 24/7 each day. What are the best methods for networking and marketing on these platforms?
11 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    2,967 topic views 

How content creators make money on YouTube

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Wed, 30 May 2012, 5:04 pm | #1 of 11 |

ok so this next bit is not my writing it was taken from http://business-standard.com/india/news ... be/456848/ but i think its well worth a read. This is the kind of thing you can really do to make money on youtube, youtubers... So who's gonna b next?

IT STARTS NOW :

A handful of internet stars turn video views into pay cheques.

Gayathri Vantillu (44) is a homemaker who likes to cook. But unlike others she put her passion for cooking to use. She began uploading home videos of her cooking – shot on a handycam – on video streaming site YouTube. Later, her neighbour’s son also helped her sign up as a partner on YouTube. Three years, 290 videos, 2,000 subscribers and over five million views later, today, Vantillu earns about Rs 40,000 a month from her online cookery channel.

NOW THIS NEXT BIT.. (DOES SONY NOT NEED THE MONEY?)

Vantillu could earn money from her videos because she chose to sign up for Google YouTube’s partner programme, which allows content owners to monetise the content via online ads. The now famous Kolaveri video, which got more than four million hits in just about 10 days, did not earn any advertising revenues as the content owner (Sony Music) was not a YouTube Partner.
To sign up for partner programme, content owner needs to contact YouTube and once approved, they can start a small enterprise right on their computers.

END QUOTE.

Big dollars in advertising you think? :|

Share Permalink | PID: #p421
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic How content creators make money on YouTube on login.

Re: How content creators make money on YouTube

Unread postby » MOC » Thu, 31 May 2012, 7:08 pm | #2 of 11 |

I guess the question is do you believe you could do this? An ordinary lady who needed help to sign up as a youTube partner, now makes $10,000.00 a month! If you do not believe, it will most likely not happen freeautobotlink. Start cooking mate!

Reload | PID: #p455
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » Beerforkids » Sat, 2 June 2012, 11:40 am | #3 of 11 |

The info on this youtuber is actually a lie.People way bigger than her dont earn this much.How about someone with 600.000 Subs and 300 mil video views.He doesnt earn even close to that but he earns enough to support himself.If u doubt my info it is from Machinima and other partners.
I dunno what i am supposed to put here oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Avatar100400gaming

Reload | PID: #p513
Beerforkids
AVZoom: Regular Author

#92 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 4:42 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Mon, 18 June 2012, 11:40 pm | #4 of 11 |

Personally I haven't uploaded any videos to YouTube as of yet. I have heard about others making money, but if I am correct it is through the ads that are placed on the pages, not the videos themselves. I do imagine there are a certain number of sales generated via the links to the video owner's site, but for the most part it is the advertising revenue that provides the most income.

I will be researching YouTube in the near future and possibly recording content of my own to upload. It would be good to have that as an additional income stream. :)
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p1283
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » olley99 » Sat, 23 June 2012, 11:54 am | #5 of 11 |

Video marketing is the best way of promoting website's services and products online;put keywords are putted in bracket to increase the chances of being found by search engines and common web users.

Reload | PID: #p1436
olley99
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#193 Joined:
Thu, 7 June 2012, 12:46 pm

Unread postby » cheesecake » Sun, 8 July 2012, 10:48 pm | #6 of 11 |

You can also earn some extra money by having links with ad fly.

http://adf.ly/

Basically, put an ordinary link in the adfly creator and it churns out a link with some ads on it. When someone clicks on it, you get a few cents. I wouldn't recommend it for linking to your blog/website because the ads are a little bit annoying. However, if you are linking to an external site which may contain valuable information, you could use adfly to earn a little bit extra money. Put these in the youtube description.

Reload | PID: #p2007
cheesecake
AVZoom: New Member

#344 Joined:
Sun, 8 July 2012, 10:23 pm

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 13 July 2012, 1:36 am | #7 of 11 |

dziomek wrote:Personally I haven't uploaded any videos to YouTube as of yet. I have heard about others making money, but if I am correct it is through the ads that are placed on the pages, not the videos themselves. I do imagine there are a certain number of sales generated via the links to the video owner's site, but for the most part it is the advertising revenue that provides the most income.

I will be researching YouTube in the near future and possibly recording content of my own to upload. It would be good to have that as an additional income stream. :)

I uploaded two brief videos to YouTube today; in time I will be able to see if there is any money to be made via ads. I am quite new to the YouTube game but am curious to see what type of income it generates (if any). Good luck to all who already have a subscription list!

Now my question is, has anyone here made any money via ads or video views? Please be honest; I don't want to know dollars, just if it is possible for the average person to earn. Thanks!
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p2174
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » JoshTheBoss » Mon, 16 July 2012, 2:52 pm | #8 of 11 |

Although I don't doubt the figures some of these people are making, I have two solid questions.

1. Is this income sustainable?
Probably not.

2. Is this income leading to a future business?
This one is possible, because you can use your viewers as a captive audience.

Reload | PID: #p2287
JoshTheBoss
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#364 Joined:
Mon, 16 July 2012, 2:28 pm

Unread postby » Laura » Mon, 23 July 2012, 8:36 pm | #9 of 11 |

Josh,

With the actual economy, I don;t know which income is sustainable for sure. I think once you ab audiance for your youtube channel, chances are that they will stay. But you are right it is more risky than a 9 to 5 job ;)

For the future business, it can, but the youtuber (yes, I just invented that word) has to be smart and work on that ;)
MY BLOG (Feel free to tell me what you think about it)

Reload | PID: #p2565
Laura

#370 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 10:20 pm
Name: Laura

Unread postby » Lena51 » Fri, 3 August 2012, 3:53 am | #10 of 11 |

I like youtube and love the videos that they have and can listen to them all day, music that is, I know they have a lot of howto videos and that is a great help to all of us that is trying to make something or to learn something new. It has helped me a lot on making jewelry and such. But I don't know how much it pays as far as making a real income and would like to get more information about it.

Reload | PID: #p2867
Lena51

#379 Joined:
Sun, 22 July 2012, 5:50 am
Name: Lena51

Unread postby » elena125 » Sat, 19 February 2022, 12:21 pm | #11 of 11  Reply

YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine, with one billion users and hundreds of millions of hours of video watched every week. With so much traffic, it’s now the place where brands go to promote products and services. The reason why YouTube is so important to brands is because of its massive reach. Unlike other social platforms that are trying to sell themselves as the next TV channel, YouTube isn’t trying to replace TV. It is supposed to be the complement to TV. More and more brands are starting to realize this. The opportunity for brands to turn to YouTube and use it to promote their products and services is just too great to pass up.

Reload | PID: #p7227
elena125

#1097 Joined:
Sat, 1 May 2021, 7:30 am

Discuss social media topics and trending information. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    2,967 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com