Internet Marketing Forum. Review affiliate programs. Recommend quality affiliate programs for people to use or promote. Get traffic and leads when people make progress using your topic advise. Question: 'Is it legit?' - 'Is it a scam?'
5 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    839 topic views 

Question with adsense

Unread postby » Laura » Wed, 1 August 2012, 12:13 pm | #1 of 5 |

Hello,

I have created a new blog and I try to monetize it with Adsense. I don't remember how I did the first time. So it is said that I have to put a html ad code on my blogger blog. I should put it between

<body>

</body>

So I actually put it just before the </body>

So it gives

<body>
html code already there
html code already there
html code already there
My html ad code
</body>

does it seems good?

And also it says that there should be blank ad on my website while I wait for the aproval but I can see ads..

thanks for your help, I feel so stupid
MY BLOG (Feel free to tell me what you think about it)

Share Permalink | PID: #p2802
Laura
AVZoom: Regular Author

#370 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 10:20 pm
Name: Laura

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Question with adsense on login.

Re: Question with adsense

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Wed, 1 August 2012, 5:37 pm | #2 of 5 |

I do know you have to put the ad code after the <body> tag. putting it after the </body> one would technically put it outside of the body.

May i ask if you're using a Blogger or Wordpress hosted blog by any chance? That may make somewhat of a difference.

I had some issues with getting Adsense implemented at first and the fact that I had an adblock on my computer made it so much harder because I can't (and I still can't though I'm sure they are there) see ads on my blog. If you don't have an adblock you may need to clear your cache (delete cookies) or it may help to try to use another computer just to see (not click on them) if the ads appear.

Reload | PID: #p2808
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » Laura » Wed, 1 August 2012, 6:41 pm | #3 of 5 |

Thanks for your answer.

I have well put it before the </body>, but not right after the <body> as there was already a html code.

I have a blogger blog.

I don't have an adblock

Thanks for your help
MY BLOG (Feel free to tell me what you think about it)

Reload | PID: #p2809
Laura

#370 Joined:
Tue, 17 July 2012, 10:20 pm
Name: Laura

Unread postby » MOC » Thu, 2 August 2012, 12:17 pm | #4 of 5 |

Usually you would put the ad code somewhere between the <body></body> tags, in a position where you want the ad to display. They should give you more instructions from where you got the ad code from.

Reload | PID: #p2830
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Tue, 7 August 2012, 5:20 pm | #5 of 5  Reply

Oh so you have a blogger blog. This was something I had a little bit of a problem with before. The html code way probably won't work the way you want it to going through blogger so here is the way I did it on my blog to where it finally worked but the first thing I suggest before starting these steps is to undo everything you have done to try to implement your ads so you can start with a fresh slate and not get confused.

1. Create your ad code in Adsense (that means choosing the size of your ad as well and this is important too)

2. Go back to your Blogger dashboard and in the upper right corner just below your username there is a little gear looking button. Click on that to switch over to the old blogger dashboard (for some reason doing this is what made it work for me)

3. Go to the earnings tab (I think it should say monetize in the old interface)

4. Click Customize/Add Ads and once you do that select the same size ad as the one you chose from the ad code you made in Adsense and then save that

5. Go to the Layout (Design in the old format) tab and there should be a new Adsense tab somewhere in your layout so just click and drag it to where you want it to be on your site. You can also click to make sure it's the same size as the ad you wanted. Save and that should be it and you can switch back to the new blogger layout.

Reload | PID: #p2937
Silverstar2154

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Review and discuss affiliate programs and services. YOU CAN POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS AND BONUS CODES IN THIS FORUM.
    839 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com