Internet Marketing Forum. Review affiliate programs. Recommend quality affiliate programs for people to use or promote. Get traffic and leads when people make progress using your topic advise. Question: 'Is it legit?' - 'Is it a scam?'
15 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,808 topic views 

uFavors

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 3 August 2012, 3:46 am | #1 of 15 |

I stumbled upon a site earlier today called uFavors. It is very similar to Fiverr, with the exception gigs can be posted for either $5 or $10. I am now a registered member and will be adding a few gigs shortly. http://www.ufavors.com/user/dziomek

Has anyone else heard of or tried this site? If so, what are your experiences?
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Share Permalink | PID: #p2866
dziomek
AVZoom: Mega Author

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic uFavors on login.

Re: uFavors

Unread postby » Solice512 » Fri, 3 August 2012, 6:11 pm | #2 of 15 |

Thank you for sharing, I'm going to check this out.
The design is almost a duplicate of Fiverr, it could even be a nulled version which will be taken down within weeks; if it's not hosted on offshore hosting that is. However they could have created the design themselves, but used the Fiverr theme.
Regardless of the design & theme I will still try this out as I'm scavenging for a few quid.

Reload | PID: #p2891
Solice512
AVZoom: New Poster

#391 Joined:
Wed, 1 August 2012, 8:04 pm
Name: Solice512

Unread postby » ufavors » Fri, 10 August 2012, 11:57 pm | #3 of 15 |

Hi guys,

First off, thank you for showing interest in the site. We haven't launched just yet , but that will change within the next few days. It's still on low end test server though, nothing offshore and it just isn't fast at all.

Our design is 100% unique. We took lots of time designing the site and really, our goal was to be our own brand. We tested various different type of layouts and just found the current one to be the most effective for what we were doing. A good amount of modifications have been made to our site feature-wise, some aren't very noticeable though.

Why we are different than our competition:

1. Only hold money for 10 days, unlike fiverr who waits 14 days. We believe that customers reserve the right to have time to file a complaint. However, we felt that 10 days is a better time frame for both parties.
2. We will take only 10% commission for the entire first month after launch.
3. Buyers will have an option to leave a tip after a job has been completed. We will NOT collect fees on any tip given to you by a customer. If you make your customer happy, you deserve it. This is going to take more time to implement, but is certainly one of the first things we plan on addressing.
4. Reduce the amount of time needed to offer extras on your service (6 days). Once again, more opportunity to make money for the seller.

The team at uFavors.com understands that the more we help our sellers, the more we help ourselves. We focus on being open and transparent with both customers and sellers in the hopes of finding the best solution for any dispute.

I estimate we'll be up and running within the next 2 days. At this point, the plan is to populate the site with buyers once we are ready. Feel free to email us if you have any issue whatsoever.

Thank you,
Chris
uFavors.com

Reload | PID: #p2969
ufavors

#396 Joined:
Fri, 10 August 2012, 10:43 pm
Name: uFavor

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Sat, 11 August 2012, 3:58 am | #4 of 15 |

ufavors wrote:Our design is 100% unique. We took lots of time designing the site and really, our goal was to be our own brand. We tested various different type of layouts and just found the current one to be the most effective for what we were doing. A good amount of modifications have been made to our site feature-wise, some aren't very noticeable though.

Hi Chris, I'm finding it hard to see the difference in your site design (if it is yours lol) to fiverr. This is a universal platform that fiverr themselves use, and there is no point reinventing the wheel but I really can't see how you think uFavors went for a unique image with the current site layout.

I like fiverr and this could become a good product too but I think originality would work much better.

Reload | PID: #p2971
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sat, 11 August 2012, 3:32 pm | #5 of 15 |

Thanks for the info ufavors, what will the commission be after the first month?

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2972
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » ufavors » Sat, 11 August 2012, 5:29 pm | #6 of 15 |

Hey,

Thank you for the responses.

@freeautolinkbot

There were a lot of different things that went into the planning behind the whole project. As far as layout is concerned, we tried different ones but didn't really feel comfortable with the way it came out. Tested grid view, categories on the left side, had a mock up for categories in the middle with a horizontal bar. The way we have it now just made more sense after all the research combined with testing the look. For us, one of the most important things we wanted to do is have easier navigation. This is something we plan on engaging more when we are able to.
The design its self is very different, like the logos, buttons, etc. This was always going to be a unique as possible for us and I like how it came out.

So to answer your question, our site does appear to look similar due to the layout. All that I would like you to know is that our goal is not to be fiverr, it is to be better and different. Our design and layout will change sooner than later. This is really the first version of the site, after all and we plan on making lots of changes when possible.

Reload | PID: #p2974
ufavors

#396 Joined:

Unread postby » ufavors » Sat, 11 August 2012, 5:38 pm | #7 of 15 |

@genieswish

The commission will be 20% which is standard in the micro gig industry.

We are always looking for ways to increase revenues for sellers. I personally believe it is my job to find these ways and implement them for the sake of the sellers because I want sellers to have a better experience on MY site. If my site can earn you more money, then I did my job. The question then becomes how to do this. Our tip system is an idea for now, but not set in stone. It may not be able to be implemented, or it might be put it and just not work.
I'd just like you to know that we are aware and also that we are all working towards this goal. Any updates we make after launch will be sent via email to inform you.

Reload | PID: #p2975
ufavors

#396 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 12 August 2012, 9:40 am | #8 of 15 |

Thanks for taking the time to respond, you certainly seem to have the passion to make this work, wishing you every success with your new venture:) i'll give it a mention on my blog

Reload | PID: #p2985
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Sun, 12 August 2012, 12:30 pm | #9 of 15 |

I signed up for an account at fiverr the other day, just don't know what I'm going to offer yet! Ufavors looks very simular to fiverr, my forum looked simular to some others too but now I have customised it (and there's alot more to come!). It will be good to see your micro offering site grow over time, and now you are a member of Money On Computer I can stay tuned to what your site is doing. It's good to have you join here best regards ufavors.

Reload | PID: #p2986
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Sun, 12 August 2012, 1:06 pm | #10 of 15 |

you should offer wp headers MOC - i have a customer for you LOL

Reload | PID: #p2989
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » ufavors » Mon, 13 August 2012, 4:34 pm | #11 of 15 |

@genieswish,

Thank you for the mention, that's great! Hopefully the passion enables me to succeed, or at least help in a way. Look forward to starting soon, I'll announce it on these forums too when its up and ready.

Reload | PID: #p2999
ufavors

#396 Joined:

Unread postby » ufavors » Mon, 13 August 2012, 4:39 pm | #12 of 15 |

@MOC

Thank you for having me and more importantly, for approving my posts :). I appreciate you taking the time to see the site. I hope that with enough time and resources, our site will be able to compete with the larger sites in the industry. The only way to do that is to provide a better experience in every aspect of the site, and for everyone who uses us. Hopefully, we get to this point eventually. One step at a time, but we're on the way as far as I'm concerned. See you around, thanks again!

Reload | PID: #p3000
ufavors

#396 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 14 August 2012, 1:40 am | #13 of 15 |

No problem Chris, that is what MOC forums are here for, webmasters like you (and me) who are going to be really successful online some time in the future.. I guess there is no point in stating that time is essential as you already know this. And like you say, one step at a time, so keep developing and working hard.

I am well pleased to have you join here, MOC forums are only a couple of months old and definately have a long way to grow!

I have tried to SEO my site properly, and I actually just did a google search on "ufavors" and found you top of list and me at #4. Gotta be happy with that as this means in the future, I will become the definative un-biased authority on any money making opportunities out there.

Well, that's my plan anyway. :)

Reload | PID: #p3004
MOC
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:

Unread postby » ufavors » Tue, 14 August 2012, 4:26 pm | #14 of 15 |

Time is of the essence!

I wish you the best, you can always email me if you ever need advice or whatnot. One thing is true, we do have a long way to go in this journey but sometimes, that's the fun part :D.

-Chris

Reload | PID: #p3007
ufavors

#396 Joined:

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 25 September 2012, 11:51 pm | #15 of 15  Reply

Hi Chris, just had a look at your site and have noticed a few changes since the last time I looked at it. Now, your competition have added sub-categories to their site, are you planning to add sub-categories also? Personally I think the sub-categories are a good improvement and I know many people are happy they were added also.

Reload | PID: #p3219
MOC
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:

Review and discuss affiliate programs and services. YOU CAN POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS AND BONUS CODES IN THIS FORUM.
    1,808 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to AFFILIATE PROGRAMS AND REVIEWS Back

WhoIs Online