Share ideas and advise on how to improve a websites ranking. Post screenshots and explain or ask about how you can get your site to index well in any niche.
4 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    964 topic views 

Google Changes?

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 1 June 2012, 2:13 pm | #1 of 4 |

I know that the Penguin update has hit quite a few sites. However, has anyone noticed that when you search for a specific product almost the entire first couple of pages are sales sites? I know I did a search for a drill earlier with review by the name brand and had to wade 5 pages in before finding any review at all.

Share Permalink | PID: #p471
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Google Changes? on login.

Re: Google Changes?

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Fri, 1 June 2012, 4:37 pm | #2 of 4 |

I was just on Google and I didn't notice anything different. Some searches do bring up a lot of links to buy before they do links to research. I've seen instances where there were links on top and the bottom of the page.

Reload | PID: #p481
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » BonnyC » Fri, 1 June 2012, 9:26 pm | #3 of 4 |

It seems like a crapshoot to me. I've been working on my website like crazy since I put it up and I'm having to look up a lot of coding stuff. Sometimes I get some good information easily, other times I have to go through a few pages before I find something that ISN'T trying to sell me a program of some sort or ebook. The more specific I am about my searching, the better it is. I hope that it isn't going to cause me trouble as far as traffic goes, but I haven't had the site up long enough to get any real search traffic.

Reload | PID: #p488
BonnyC
AVZoom: New Poster

#160 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 9:08 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Sat, 2 June 2012, 11:36 am | #4 of 4  Reply

What I meant is I searched for a DeWalt drill which I was reviewing. Ends up the first three pages for the specific DeWalt drill name was nothing but sales sites. This is what I meant, like if you are searching for just the specific name of the product down to the model number.

Reload | PID: #p512
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Discuss methods to improve a websites ranking in search results. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    964 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com