Share ideas and advise on how to improve a websites ranking. Post screenshots and explain or ask about how you can get your site to index well in any niche.
7 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    1,083 topic views 

Google Preferences

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 4 June 2012, 4:07 pm | #1 of 7 |

I think I'm getting a little obsessed with big G and his algorythms lol - anyway I noticed that he seems to be showing preference for blogs showing a picture of the author, posts with videos and google plus buttons - is it a coincidence that google owns youtube, your pic is linked to your google profile and the +1 button speaks for itself??

Just incase: i've added a few youtube videos to some posts and installed the +1 button, next job is to add my mugshot to my profile. eeeek! Let's see if it changes anything :)

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p583
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Google Preferences on login.

Re: Google Preferences

Unread postby » MOC » Mon, 4 June 2012, 10:23 pm | #2 of 7 |

The Big G is an amazing googly monster! Whats funny genieswish for me regarding this website, I am generating page 1 results every day for the search 'who will win the voice australia' and many variants of that question, all from google.

Take a look at my current snapshot...
somemorekeywordresults.jpg
Statcounter shows google searches that lead traffic to MOC Forums
somemorekeywordresults.jpg - Viewed 1080 times - (401.92 KiB) - 660 x 639 pixels

Now as you know my forum is 1 month old and is a make money online forum, and seeing this happen is awesome. I have NO backlinks to this site, I have used backlinking to other sites in the past but this one I am letting go as natural as possible, but of course I need to keep some small growth happening too. There is some mighty power and traffic available when you get page one in a popular search, and there will be some other big successes in the future for this site.

Now, I'll be looking more into your theories too, but personally, I hate those little pics in the google results!! :D

Reload | PID: #p588
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » UmmiNoor » Tue, 5 June 2012, 3:10 pm | #3 of 7 |

I don't own a website but I write articles for other websites and from my own personal experience, in order to get to the first page of Google, the first thing you need to do is to choose keywords or keyword phrases that have very little competition. The less competing web pages there are, the easier it is to get to the first page of Google.

Reload | PID: #p620
UmmiNoor
AVZoom: Regular Author

#127 Joined:
Mon, 28 May 2012, 3:55 am

Unread postby » genieswish » Tue, 5 June 2012, 3:40 pm | #4 of 7 |

i agree umminoor - i am on page 1 for all sorts of random stuff!

I don't like the little pictures either MOC, I'm still debating whether or not to do it, my real pet hate is that youtube videos always seem to show up first when you're looking for something. My connection is rubbish so loading video's is a real pain

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p629
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » MOC » Tue, 5 June 2012, 4:55 pm | #5 of 7 |

I believe the videos get listed high because of the amount of traffic they draw. I have videos in youTube and when they get more traffic they get promoted in youTube's index. So is google simular with their indexing, it takes traffic to get traffic like it takes money to make money?

Reload | PID: #p644
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » Silverstar2154 » Sat, 9 June 2012, 5:09 pm | #6 of 7 |

I write a lot of things and I have my own blog. I write some reviews about making money but it's more of a personal blog and not a make money blog. It's only been up for about two months but I find I'm getting ranked on page 1 of Google for a lot of the random things I post (including pictures) so I suppose it's all about the keywords and what people are searching for. It helps if your site doesn't look like you're trying to inundate people with offers and trying to get them to click on things.

Reload | PID: #p853
Silverstar2154
AVZoom: Regular Author

#155 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 8:11 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Fri, 15 June 2012, 2:40 pm | #7 of 7  Reply

I have noticed when I get pictures on my page it ranks highly and ends up getting me results from Google Image search more then the search engines.

Reload | PID: #p1127
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Discuss methods to improve a websites ranking in search results. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    1,083 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com