Share ideas and advise on how to improve a websites ranking. Post screenshots and explain or ask about how you can get your site to index well in any niche.
16 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    6,564 topic views 

Keyword Stuffing?

Unread postby » streakanime » Fri, 6 July 2012, 7:32 pm | #1 of 16 |

I am curious as to your thoughts on keyword stuffing and what density level do you actually consider to be stuffing? Is there a density level that you consider to be over doing it? I usually shoot for a density of 2-3% for my keywords. Of course, if I am writing an article for someone, I use whatever density the client requires. I have seen some people look for densities as high as 10-15%. I consider that to be a little bit ridiculous. Depending on the keyword, sometimes there is only so many different ways you can use the keyword in sentences and it to still retain a natural flow.
http://webupon.com/money-making/easy-method-for-earning-50-70-weekly/
Please read my article/guide on how to make 50-70 bucks a week easy!

Share Permalink | PID: #p1931
streakanime
AVZoom: Mega Author

#335 Joined:
Thu, 5 July 2012, 12:31 am
Name: Streak

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Keyword Stuffing? on login.

Re: Keyword Stuffing?

Unread postby » baddogg » Sun, 15 July 2012, 12:19 pm | #2 of 16 |

I find, as a writer, that above 5% is a hard goal to reach without losing readability. I would rather my article be easy to read and informative, while using a decent keyword density, so that people find it with key words and pass it on because of the information. If you have jumbled sentences that say the same thing over and over, your article won't be shared. But as I said that is just me.

Reload | PID: #p2244
baddogg
AVZoom: Regular Author

#350 Joined:
Wed, 11 July 2012, 12:05 am
Name: Baddogg

Unread postby » MOC » Sun, 15 July 2012, 1:26 pm | #3 of 16 |

I think it's funny how people want keyword density percentages as opposed to original natural writing. But even poor quality text if it is original does well. As I look through the search engine hits to alot of the posts here that are indexed on page 1, the topic is caught onto fairly quickly for indexing by the search bots. Of course I have spent alot of time SEO'ing this site, and some testing sites say I have only optimised this site 53% as well as I could do, but some posts and forums here are so new, and to be honest some are not written very well, so it surprises me everyday the results MOC web site and even those poorer quality posts are getting. But hey if your writing for other people, you just need to do what they ask for.

Reload | PID: #p2246
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Sun, 15 July 2012, 4:10 pm | #4 of 16 |

I'll say this, since I'm hearing so many stories of how people have had a hard time with getting approved as a writer with Cloud Crowd, I think you should more for quality over quantity. They gave me keywords to write for my test and though I vaguely knew what a keyword was, I didn't think about how to make every sentence about those words. I made two or three good quality sentences with the words and wrote the article.

It was approved and I got the credential.

Now, if a site that knows exactly what they are looking for and how it works for them accepted my two or three keyword writing, then I think that says something to the balance that is needed for the writing. Sure, you brought people to the article because it had the keywords that they were looking for, but if they don't finish reading or won't read anymore of your work, what is the point?

Think long term, not short term with your writing.

Reload | PID: #p2256
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » JaimeLannister » Tue, 17 July 2012, 1:48 pm | #5 of 16 |

Sugarhill wrote:I'll say this, since I'm hearing so many stories of how people have had a hard time with getting approved as a writer with Cloud Crowd, I think you should more for quality over quantity. They gave me keywords to write for my test and though I vaguely knew what a keyword was, I didn't think about how to make every sentence about those words. I made two or three good quality sentences with the words and wrote the article.

It was approved and I got the credential.

Now, if a site that knows exactly what they are looking for and how it works for them accepted my two or three keyword writing, then I think that says something to the balance that is needed for the writing. Sure, you brought people to the article because it had the keywords that they were looking for, but if they don't finish reading or won't read anymore of your work, what is the point?

Think long term, not short term with your writing.

Really good point. I'd definitely say that you should write for people first and foremost and search engines second. I think you will find that if you are writing a good, natural article for a specific topic that the amount of times you mention it or any associated keywords should fall into place nicely.

Definitely agree on the point that you should write for the long term. Your wallet will thank you also and I'd say that good natural content now will increase in value like anything well crafted does.

I think with all the updates Google are doing; they are forcing people to write for people, though I could be wrong.

Reload | PID: #p2326
JaimeLannister

#354 Joined:
Thu, 12 July 2012, 10:33 am
Name: JaimeLannister

Unread postby » Sugarhill » Tue, 17 July 2012, 3:38 pm | #6 of 16 |

Another thing to consider is the re-write process that everyone should be going through. Write the article as best as you can the first go round and then when you are editing and proof reading, you can then redo some sentences to put in your keywords.

Reload | PID: #p2336
Sugarhill
AVZoom: Extreme 300+
100 200 300

#73 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Unread postby » dd1153 » Tue, 24 July 2012, 3:26 pm | #7 of 16 |

So is it best not to stuff your keywords? I read on one site that you want 4-5 keywords for every 100 words you have.. I'm assuming thats the 5% you were talking about? It seems hard to do, and sounds unnatural. How do you get around this?

Reload | PID: #p2584
dd1153
AVZoom: New Member

#383 Joined:
Tue, 24 July 2012, 12:01 am
Name: dd

Unread postby » Waynefire » Thu, 2 August 2012, 3:04 pm | #8 of 16 |

I shoot for a 2-3% on all of my keywords articles. Then I am able to get the articles written well, but also have them easy to read. I also use the Fleisch testing to guarantee the readability of the articles.

Reload | PID: #p2837
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 2 August 2012, 3:25 pm | #9 of 16 |

what's fleisch testing?

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Reload | PID: #p2843
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Unread postby » trident252 » Thu, 2 August 2012, 8:22 pm | #10 of 16 |

Everyday i have to tell clients that I can only put so many keywords in a article and still keep it readable. Keywords are great but good content is even better. Keyword stuffing is good if you are just cranking out spun content for an autoblog or something. But if you are building a real blog or website, readable content is best.

Reload | PID: #p2852
trident252
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#123 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Unread postby » princy » Tue, 6 August 2013, 11:13 am | #11 of 16 |

Keywords stuffing are when you write text that is filled with lots of keywords but basically no content in order to attempt to fool search engines into thinking that your website is about some subject. This is a really bad idea, though, because in writing a blob of keyword text, you have made your website less useful to humans, and how relevant your website is to humans is what any good search engine will rate you on. So, in short, make your website relevant and useful, and SEO will automatically follow.

Reload | PID: #p3716
princy
AVZoom: 3 Posts To Rank

#632 Joined:
Mon, 5 August 2013, 11:28 am
Name: princy

Unread postby » Basheer » Sun, 20 December 2015, 12:56 pm | #12 of 16 |

As of 2015, Google updates suggest to stay away from keyword stuffing. It should be approx 1% and yes, you can use LSI and other keyword variants for increased visibility.

Reload | PID: #p4761
Basheer

#872 Joined:
Mon, 8 June 2015, 5:57 am

Unread postby » advik94 » Tue, 12 December 2017, 6:04 am | #13 of 16 |

"Keyword stuffing" refers to the practice of loading a webpage with keywords or numbers in an attempt to manipulate a site's ranking in Google search results. Often these keywords appear in a list or group, or out of context

Reload | PID: #p5803
advik94

#980 Joined:
Mon, 4 December 2017, 6:24 am
Name: AdvikNaveen

Unread postby » RH-Calvin » Thu, 27 September 2018, 7:39 am | #14 of 16 |

Keyword stuffing is a black hat seo technique used to rank your keywords faster in search engines. It is the process of deliberate use of keywords repeatedly to exceed the keyword density in an article. The process can risk your website to search engine penalties.
Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Server | Servers starting at $29/MO

Reload | PID: #p6441
RH-Calvin
AVZoom: Century Club

#951 Joined:
Tue, 20 June 2017, 7:23 am
Name: RHCalvin

Unread postby » jasmeen123 » Sat, 6 October 2018, 10:15 am | #15 of 16 |

hii,
Keyword stuffing is a search engine Optimization technique ,considered webspam or spamdexing ,in web pages meta tags visible content, or backlink anchor text in an attempt to gain an unfair rank advantage in search engines.

Reload | PID: #p6462
jasmeen123
AVZoom: Mega Author

#1020 Joined:
Mon, 9 April 2018, 6:28 am

Unread postby » Shilpa111 » Fri, 9 November 2018, 5:55 am | #16 of 16  Reply

Hello....Keyword stuffing is nothing but usage of keywords more than 5% in the particular page. This is one of the no follow techniques. We cannot follow this technique. Because according to Google algorithm it is not considering for SEO. In case if you use Keyword stuffing in your page, Google is not considering as a keyword. So it will effect for keyword ranking in search results.

Reload | PID: #p6506
Shilpa111

#996 Joined:
Wed, 17 January 2018, 9:27 am
Name: shilpa

Discuss methods to improve a websites ranking in search results. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    6,564 topic views 

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com