Forum  HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
TOPIC  Fiverr
TAGS: 'Money' - 'Computer' - 'Make Money Fast' - 'Make Money Online' - 'Make Money From Home' - 'Work From Home' - 'Make Money Quick' - 'Make Money On The Internet' - 'Real Ways To Make Money Online' - 'Money On Computer' - 'How To Make Money On The Internet' - 'How To Make Money Online' - 'Increase Organic Traffic' - 'Advertise Links' - 'Money On' - 'Facebook' - 'Youtube' - 'Twitter' - 'Google' - 'Bing'.
66 posts in topic - Login  ssl lock  Register
    18,173 topic views 

Fiverr

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 12:27 pm | #1 of 66 |

Thought it might be a good idea to have a Fiverr gig brainstorming thread?

Does anyone on here use Fiverr to buy or sell gigs?

I have bought a couple of gigs, and generally have been really impressed with them.

What I can't understand is the people offering YouTube video's,etc that are going to take about an hour to produce - you only get $4 for the gig! (fiverr take $1 in commission)
It seems to work best is you have a didgital product that you can just email off and forget about? Or automated tools for SEO, etc.

I have lots of PLR articles that could be used as gigs, I'm just not sure how I would feel about selling them knowing they are free if you just search a bit - are my morals too high, or is it scamming people??

Remember ~ If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you

Share Permalink | PID: #p330
genieswish
AVZoom: Forum Pro
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:
Fri, 25 May 2012, 1:46 pm
Name: Lisa

Login to clear banner

SSL Secure Login - You will return to topic Fiverr on login.

Re: Fiverr

Unread postby » MOC » Mon, 28 May 2012, 1:15 pm | #2 of 66 |

How could you not be impressed with some of the gigs on there!

EXAMPLE:
I will produce a unique video of your logo or message and reveal it inside a banana with message confetti for $5

And people cant think of ways to make money online are you kidding me!

Umm, 'does anyone really buy something like that'? And if so, why?

Reload | PID: #p334
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Mon, 28 May 2012, 1:28 pm | #3 of 66 |

hahahaha 19 people have collected that!! the things people are prepared to do for a fiver is quite scary!

this guy even has a queue!? http://fiverr.com/haleylujah/dance-to-an-entire-song-of-your-choice-in-a-hot-dog-costume :roll: I'm off to get myself a hotdog costume lol

Reload | PID: #p335
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » dasani » Mon, 28 May 2012, 6:05 pm | #4 of 66 |

I have done Fiverr. I had no idea they'd take 20%. Some of it is not worth it. I was offering Spanish translation and math homework help, but then I'd get submitted like 100 math questions. $4 is not worth spending hours on math homework. If you can think of something simple, like calling someone and singing them happy birthday in a Marilyn Monroe voice (actual gig I've seen), then it is totally worth it. If the gig takes more than 45 minutes, then you might want to abandon it.

For anyone wondering, they do pay. However, after they take their $1 and Paypal takes their commission, you might end up with like $3.60

Reload | PID: #p356
dasani
AVZoom: Poster Lite

#125 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Unread postby » trident252 » Mon, 28 May 2012, 9:21 pm | #5 of 66 |

genieswish wrote:Thought it might be a good idea to have a Fiverr gig brainstorming thread?

Does anyone on here use Fiverr to buy or sell gigs?

I have bought a couple of gigs, and generally have been really impressed with them.

What I can't understand is the people offering YouTube video's,etc that are going to take about an hour to produce - you only get $4 for the gig! (fiverr take $1 in commission)
It seems to work best is you have a didgital product that you can just email off and forget about? Or automated tools for SEO, etc.

I have lots of PLR articles that could be used as gigs, I'm just not sure how I would feel about selling them knowing they are free if you just search a bit - are my morals too high, or is it scamming people??

One of my most popular gigs involves selling PLR software. I don't have any problem with selling PLR. If they want to pay me for something that is free, then I let them do it.

Reload | PID: #p363
trident252

#123 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Unread postby » ma89 » Tue, 29 May 2012, 6:39 am | #6 of 66 |

I've used Fiverr recently to offer article rewriting gigs and have completed a few since I first signed up. The only thing with Fiverr in the article writing niche is that there are so many people offering similar gigs, it's hard to get noticed. It took me a good month to get my first gig. For me Fiverr is great for some extra cash, but I wouldn't rely on it as a stable source of income.

Reload | PID: #p372
ma89
AVZoom: 3 Posts To Rank

#134 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 6:28 am

Unread postby » trident252 » Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:23 pm | #7 of 66 |

ma89 wrote:I've used Fiverr recently to offer article rewriting gigs and have completed a few since I first signed up. The only thing with Fiverr in the article writing niche is that there are so many people offering similar gigs, it's hard to get noticed. I took me a good month to get my first gig. For me Fiverr is great for some extra cash, but I wouldn't rely on it as a stable source of income.

Article rewriting is crowded but I found that once I got a few sales, the rest followed real quickly. Fiverr users follow sales and feedback. Once you start getting those, the money will get real easy.

Reload | PID: #p381
trident252

#123 Joined:
Sun, 27 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Tue, 29 May 2012, 10:24 pm | #8 of 66 |

I have never had any luck with Fiverr. I am a highly rated writer on some sites that I have found, but have not made a ton of money on them. How would a non-Fiverr user like myself end up getting good ratings for gigs like this?

Reload | PID: #p388
Waynefire
AVZoom: Century Club

#138 Joined:
Tue, 29 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Unread postby » Waynefire » Tue, 29 May 2012, 10:24 pm | #9 of 66 |

I have never had any luck with Fiverr. I am a highly rated writer on some sites that I have found, but have not made a ton of money on them. How would a non-Fiverr user like myself end up getting good ratings for gigs like this?

Reload | PID: #p389
Waynefire

#138 Joined:

Unread postby » Rackermann » Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:12 am | #10 of 66 |

It seems you have to come up with something unique that people would want, or something that others hate doing themselves and are willing to pay $5 for...! I write too and I will not advertise my writing services on there - too crowded, as you guys said already.

Reload | PID: #p391
Rackermann
AVZoom: Regular Author

#79 Joined:
Mon, 21 May 2012, 9:13 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:03 am | #11 of 66 |

Waynefire wrote:I have never had any luck with Fiverr. I am a highly rated writer on some sites that I have found, but have not made a ton of money on them. How would a non-Fiverr user like myself end up getting good ratings for gigs like this?

apparently, if you create a gig and then click preview you can collect your own gig - it will get your ratings up really quick :lol: it won't be long before they fix this little bug tho.

Reload | PID: #p400
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » genieswish » Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:13 am | #12 of 66 |

How about buying a good fiverr gig and heading over to mytenerr.com to resell it, would it work?

Reload | PID: #p401
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » Waynefire » Wed, 30 May 2012, 1:08 pm | #13 of 66 |

I did not know that about the previewing and rating your own gig! I will have to try that out! I know this would help me out on my income because a lot of the writing sites I have worked for do not have any articles ready to be written right now.

Reload | PID: #p407
Waynefire

#138 Joined:

Unread postby » Shell323 » Sat, 2 June 2012, 5:09 am | #14 of 66 |

What exactly is fiver? Is it a bidding site? Do you go there and bid on jobs like people do on ODesk? I've heard of it but I've never checked them out.

Reload | PID: #p501
Shell323

#161 Joined:
Fri, 1 June 2012, 11:20 pm

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Sat, 2 June 2012, 5:34 am | #15 of 66 |

you tell people what service or product you will do for them for 5 bucks. and then your making money online!

Reload | PID: #p503
freeautolinkbot
AVZoom: Mega Author

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » trendchaser » Sun, 3 June 2012, 3:54 pm | #16 of 66 |

Fiverr is a website that facilitates the buying and selling of micro-jobs online called "gigs". There are more than 6 lac services available on fiverr that range from funny and quirky to business micro-services. Gigs on Fiverr include celebrity impressions, marketing tips, odd jobs, videos, etc

Reload | PID: #p562
trendchaser

#168 Joined:
Sun, 3 June 2012, 8:28 am

Unread postby » dziomek » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:33 pm | #17 of 66 |

I have been a member of Fiverr for several months now, but have yet to make any money. I had what I thought were reasonable gigs for a good price, but had no takers. I too couldn't believe what some people will do for five bucks (or shall I say less, after the fees mentioned in previous posts). I haven't deleted my account, but I also haven't visited the site for a few weeks. I have been concentrating on other venues that actually do pay a little each day, even though the work I did was two years ago.

I think the trick with Fiverr is to offer a service or product that takes very little of your time to do and sell the same thing over and over again.
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p714
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » s_sayan » Wed, 6 June 2012, 11:44 pm | #18 of 66 |

genieswish wrote:What I can't understand is the people offering YouTube video's,etc that are going to take about an hour to produce - you only get $4 for the gig! (fiverr take $1 in commission)

I do understand why they do it. Most of the people doing those gigs are from Asia or Latin America. In these countries life is much more cheaper, and also we earn much less than in other countries. If one video takes an hour to complete, that means in four hours a day you could make $20. $20 in 30 days = $600. $600 is the average salary in my country. Would be great to earn $600 a month only in 4 hours of work a day.

That's why they do it. ;)
Want To Download Movies or Maybe Watch Them Online? Then Check Out My Site
One Link Movies / Un Link Peliculas

http://www.unlinkpeliculas.com

Reload | PID: #p715
s_sayan

#91 Joined:
Wed, 23 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Unread postby » MOC » Fri, 8 June 2012, 4:12 am | #19 of 66 |

Nice answer to that question thanks for the insight :)

Reload | PID: #p782
MOC
AVZoom: Admin
100 200 300 400 500 600

#2 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Unread postby » tajnz » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:26 am | #20 of 66 |

I agree with all the previous posters who commented on how crowded fiver is now. There are simply too many sellers willing to do so much for such little return. This means buyers will expect a lot for $5 and you have to be really inventive to attract customers. I'm certainly not going to join fiver although for other people it may be worth while.

Reload | PID: #p792
tajnz

#153 Joined:
Thu, 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Unread postby » genieswish » Fri, 8 June 2012, 11:47 am | #21 of 66 |

I found a good site yesterday, like fiverr gigs - only you set your own price, which is great if you believe your work is worth more than $5 - thing is i can't find it again now LOL it was gigster or gigzone or something, it may have been on dziomeks blog as i was having a good nosey around there yesterday! will go hunting again when i get time :)

Reload | PID: #p794
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » dziomek » Fri, 8 June 2012, 7:49 pm | #22 of 66 |

The Fiverr market has most definitely become over-saturated. For those of us trying to make an honest living with our writing careers, sites like Fiverr can have detrimental effects. Why would anyone pay writers to do an article or blog post for $15 or $20 when they can go to Fiverr and get one for $5? The sad part about that is they are sacrificing quality work for a cheap rate, which in turn makes all writers look bad. Am I wrong?
MAKE MONEY WORKING AT HOME. No gimmicks, no pie in the sky, no bull. Proven, 20-year track record: www.sfi4.com/11715324/FREE
http://www.dianeziomek.ca http://thehomemakerhelperseriesblog.blogspot.ca/

Reload | PID: #p815
dziomek

#190 Joined:
Wed, 6 June 2012, 4:41 pm

Unread postby » Stephanie Watson » Sun, 10 June 2012, 11:49 pm | #23 of 66 |

I think the trick with fiverr or any low priced gig like that is to sell something you've already done the work on rather than something you'd have to get the order first and then do the work, like an eBook, information product, PLR, etc... I have and do sell some writing on there for five bucks but I really don't like writing for five bucks an article and find that the lower the price, the more the buyer expects. I normally get from 25 to 60 dollars per 500 word with an average of 10 dollars per 100 words. I turn on and off the campaign depending on my client base at the time. I thought it would be a good way to get clients but so far, no so good. Try selling something you've already made and do not need to do additional work for.
Stephanie L. Watson
VA Mom Coach

Reload | PID: #p901
Stephanie Watson
AVZoom: New Poster

#217 Joined:
Sun, 10 June 2012, 11:18 pm

Unread postby » genieswish » Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:12 am | #24 of 66 |

http://fiverr.com/blondey/cast-an-extre ... ch-you-how

No more boring blog posts or SEO for me!! I'm going to offer a rub of my lamp for $5 :lol:

Reload | PID: #p1051
genieswish
100 200 300 400 500

#107 Joined:

Unread postby » freeautolinkbot » Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:50 am | #25 of 66 |

Oh that sound like a great $5.00 offer ;) I am constantly surprised at what people will do with 5 dollars as I see from that link!

Reload | PID: #p1053
freeautolinkbot

#54 Joined:
Tue, 1 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Unread postby » s_sayan » Sun, 17 June 2012, 5:44 pm | #26 of 66 |

I come here to say that Fiverr is great for sellers. I started my own gig three days ago and I made three sales already (without any effort compared to other methods to make money online). I am able to complete the gig in around one hour. That's great compared to the 10 hours it takes me to reach $5 on ''Paid to Post '' sites.

I think if I upload a video to my gig and create other gigs, I could sell 5 gigs in a day. This really could become a great source of income. I mean, If I manage to sell 5 gigs a day, that would be $20 a day. $4 x 5 = $20. $20 x $30 = $600. The possibilities are endless.

Yeah, it sucks that Fiverr takes $1 from every sale, but think about it, it's worth it. I mean, they take $1 but you manage to get sales really fast. Because of the massive amount of people on Fiverr, everybody has a chance to sell there. You just have to be creative when you make the title of your gig.

So far this is the easiest way to make fast money online. ;)

Reload | PID: #p1231
s_sayan

#91 Joined:

Unread postby » remonray » Mon, 18 June 2012, 2:02 am | #27 of 66 |

Fiverr was not and still isn't good choice for me to perform any task for me.I generally create topic in old forums and offer members to do with some bucks.The only benefit I get from Fiverr is buying mass social media(facebook,youtube,twitter) likes,views and follows.

Reload | PID: #p1239
remonray

#297 Joined:
Sun, 17 June 2012, 7:54 pm
Name: remonray

Unread postby » Missnc35 » Sun, 1 July 2012, 4:19 am | #28 of 66 |

I have a Fiverr account, but have yet to post any gigs. I think the easiest ways to make money on Fiverr is making banners. That is probably what I would do, however I do not have the software to do it. I have to admit, I have seen some odd gigs on there (from users with satisfied customers, I might add). Has anyone tried TenBux? It is similar to Fiverr, but it is $10 instead of $5.

Reload | PID: #p1710
Missnc35

#309 Joined:
Fri, 22 June 2012, 6:50 pm

Unread postby » gothtini » Mon, 2 July 2012, 7:01 pm | #29 of 66 |

It seems from reading this thread that writing articles is a bad choice for fiverr, I'm just glad its not what I'm planning on doing. Actually I plan on doing one of the goofy things in a way where I just take a picture and send it off. I like to do play-doh pictures, and I'm going to do more once I get my rooms cleaned up enough so I can do them with enough room to work. Also I'll be using deviantart to help advertise my gig, so hopefully I'll get lots of eyes on my work.

If this works out I'll let you guys know!

Reload | PID: #p1778
gothtini

#332 Joined:
Mon, 2 July 2012, 6:33 pm
Name: gothtini

Unread postby » s_sayan » Tue, 10 July 2012, 7:13 pm | #30 of 66  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Reply

Actually I have a nice gig on Fiverr. 300 unique visitors to your site for three days + 5 PR9 Profile Backlinks + 10 Facebook likes + Youtube and Fiverr Secrets Ebooks For $5.

Seems like every person that watch my gig order it. I've had 11 visits in my gig and all of them ordered it. The problem is to promote the gig. Even when you have a killer gig, if you don't have visitors you won't succeed. :(

Reload | PID: #p2079
s_sayan

#91 Joined:

Discuss websites and services that make money online. DO NOT POST AFFILIATE/REFERRAL LINKS IN THIS FORUM.
    18,173 topic views 
Next

LOGIN or REGISTER @ MoneyOnComputer.com

Return to HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE Back

WhoIs Online